Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-20-2020, 11:05 PM)cow Wrote: I know a lot of names are falling off the free agent board but how many of these deals would we have been happy with?

I think we were all more hopeful than we had a right to about sign-and-trade possibilities. You are right, all of these guys are overpaid. Desperation can wait until next year...
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:07 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/statu...3421078528

Mavs?...

One of the PG (Bledsoe or Hill) going somewhere else would be my guess
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:04 PM)omahen Wrote: Interesting guys left: Harkless (I think New York will overpay him), Hernangomez brothers, Moore, Galloway, Holliday, Bradley, Dunn, Poeltl, Forbes, Saric, Craig, Jevon Carter, Connaughton, Harrison,...

I would of love to have Jevon Carter, his a pest on a defense. Likewise to Holiday and Avery Bradley, but with the signings of Trey Burke, and drafting Tyrell Terry. Its a bit too crowded as it is. Who knows, Mavs could flip Jalen Brunson out for one of them.
Like Reply
Eric Pincus dropped a couple of other Mavs nuggets on the live stream a couple of hours ago.

One, he said resigning Burke was a top priority. I sort of wrote that off because Pincus was clearly trying to get his thoughts together about the Mavs roster and it sounded almost like a throwaway comment based on Burke's playoff performance. 

Well, Burke signed about 30 minutes later and Pincus said "told you so".

But I bring that up because he also dropped a comment about Delon Wright. Everyone knows the Mavs have been shopping him but Pincus took it further and said Wright's deal is one the Mavs would like to amnesty, if that were still a thing. 

I didn't think much about it at the time, but there's clearly something there.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:07 PM)Tyler Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 11:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Did I miss an official offer for Bogdanovic? I saw the speculation that he'd sign with the Hawks...

Nothing official that I've seen. But also nothing to indicate it won't happen.

3 for 41?  Hell to the no.  I went along with you Wood fans for awhile but I was young and in college.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:08 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 11:07 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/statu...3421078528

Mavs?...

One of the PG (Bledsoe or Hill) going somewhere else would be my guess

Wouldn't mind Hill, but not sure if the Mavs want another PG...
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:09 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Eric Pincus dropped a couple of other Mavs nuggets on the live stream a couple of hours ago.

One, he said resigning Burke was a top priority. I sort of wrote that off because Pincus was clearly trying to get his thoughts together about the Mavs roster and it sounded almost like a throwaway comment based on Burke's playoff performance. 

But I bring that up because he also dropped a comment about Delon Wright. Everyone knows the Mavs have been shopping him but Pincus took it further and said Wright's deal is one the Mavs would like to amnesty, if that were still a thing. 

Meaning Wright is our scarlet letter and we don't have the ammo to dump him.
Like Reply
Delon for George Hill

GITRDUN

edit: aw shit I thought Hill was an expiring.  He has two years left.
Like Reply
I think Wright is a big part of the salary matching for these deals the Mavs are trying to make.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:11 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 11:09 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Eric Pincus dropped a couple of other Mavs nuggets on the live stream a couple of hours ago.

Called it.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:04 PM)omahen Wrote: Interesting guys left: Harkless (I think New York will overpay him), Hernangomez brothers, Moore, Galloway, Holliday, Bradley, Dunn, Poeltl, Forbes, Saric, Craig, Jevon Carter, Connaughton, Harrison,...

Which if these guys would you go to war with in your 8 man rotation in the playoffs against the Lakers or the Nuggets?    That's what the bar should be now. The Mavs should be beyond looking for guys who just cheaply eat regular season minutes.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:12 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Delon for George Hill

GITRDUN

edit: aw shit I thought Hill was an expiring.  He has two years left.

Last year is not fully guaranteed
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:13 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 11:11 PM)cow Wrote:

Called it.

I was hopeful Delon's IG clearing meant something.  I wonder if we'll try to rehab the relationship or just pay him to stay away.
Like Reply
[b]Trey Burke — $7,131,892[/b]
A replacement player in Dallas after Philadelphia inexplicably cut him, Burke isn’t for everybody — he’s small, he’s going to pound the ball a bit, and he’ll take a lot of long 2s. (This story comes up a lot in this free-agent guard market).
Nonetheless, he’s a good choice for a second unit that has limited shot creation, or as a third point guard to step up in case of injury. Burke’s 42.7 percent 3-point shooting last season is likely a fluke, as it’s a major outlier from the rest of his career, but the other numbers are not. He scores 23.7 points per 100 for his career with a 14.1 PER, and although he’s small he’s not a horrific defender. There’s a place for him in a rotation someplace.

Hollinger.

He had Dragic at 11 million who ended up getting 20 million. smh
Like Reply
I'd be pretty happy if we got Hill and his second not-fully-guaranteed year for our Delon poop sandwich.
Like Reply
I can understand like Boogie or Gilbert Arenas becoming a a lockerroom cancer and nighmare that has your franchise in knots .. because at some point the immense talent was seemingly worth the trouble. But how do you let a complete spare like Delon Wright become this much of a distraction? How many man hours and calories have been burned by the Mavs Front Office this offseason trying to get this fringe NBA talent off the roster that could have been focused elsewhere?
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:20 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: I can understand like Boogie or Gilbert Arenas becoming a a lockerroom cancer and nighmare that has your franchise in knots .. because at some point the immense talent was seemingly worth the trouble.  But how do you let a complete spare like Delon Wright become this much of a distraction?  How many man hours and calories have been burned by the Mavs Front Office this offseason trying to get this fringe NBA talent off the roster that could have been focused elsewhere?

Pretty sure Donnie could use a few more calories burned, so that shouldn't be a problem for him. Mark is always on that stair stepper so he is trying to burn those calories, too.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...3614142465
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status...44128?s=20
Like Reply
Just thinking out loud but if Dedmon is getting waived, I wonder if you could work out a trade for Wright + Cash. Dedmon is 13 this year and only 1 guaranteed next.
Like Reply