Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt Vegas & 0.0 pt RAPTOR favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
75.00%
6 75.00%
Wizards
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 52: DAL (31-21) @ WAS (18-32) | 118-119 loss
Tyus Jones was making shots easily and now Shabazz Napier makes his season debut and looks like Steph Curry. They just don't fear our guards stopping anyone
Like Reply
Well shit, I guess we really need Luka back ASAP. Normally if you hold the Wizards to only 119 points you will win. KP's hot streak seems to have been derailed by his broken nose

And if WCS can't get more time than this then I will stand by what I said about how we should have tried to trade for Drummond, especially after seeing the price Cleveland got him for.
Like Reply
(02-07-2020, 09:48 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Defense played relatively well on the clutch moments (in the rest of the game they SUCKED). Our offense blowed this lead. In 4 minutes we made 1 FUCKING BASKET (DFS 3) and 2 FT (KP 1-2 and THJ 1-2). Curry and THJ with BAD Turnovers. Maxi and DFS are too One-dimensional on offense. Not sure why KP can't play WITH Maxi in RC's head (maybe Bertans?). With 4 SECONDS AND THE BALL IN OUR COURT,  GAME TIED, RC DOESN'T CALL A TO and gets bailed by Bonga. What a joke. Very irritating. Jackson and Broekhoff should be out of our rotation IF we make the post season.

How surprising, isn't it? It doesn't matter the Mavs plays against a solid team or  a team with a supposedly bad defense.

When the results keep coming the same way, you cannot talk about improving AT ALL. This team is not improving. This team do not have a creative offensive plan. This team do not have a winning mentality. Check out the schedule. All those quality wins came when Luka was playing a better basketball with better shot selection not when he and all the rest do nothing but have a picnic behind the three point line and brick one after another all game long.

If a coach cannot see the change (going adversely) throughout the season, he will not get you anywhere. I have been saying this for weeks now but some of the "romantic" fans did not want to see the truth. All that was said the Mavs were a young and new team and they needed time. Well the time will not help if you don't get any bit of improvement.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
(02-07-2020, 09:51 PM)sefant Wrote: I don't like Rick obsession with going small since Powell has been out. Feels its not going to work. Stop adjusting to the opposite team and play big. Kleber and KP are mobile enough.

Ah you see that's the problem. Rick would never do that if his life depended on it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-07-2020, 08:30 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 07:38 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 07:29 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Lee and Broekhoff. Somebody switch back to the NBA game.

Au contraire, that they play over Justin tells me the Mavs plan to take the rest of the season seriously. Kudos to RC.

Wasn't he one of your favorite players like two months ago?

Yes, and rightly so. Then the past two months happened. Don't know whether RC broke him or he broke himself, but he's broke.

(02-07-2020, 11:20 PM)Baller AI Wrote: We lost because we started courtney lee to save face after we failed to bring in an asset (even a frikin 2025 2nd rounder would have been better than nothing) for him and use the Barnes TPE. The Mavs don’t seem to be solely focused on winning a championship, which is the only reason to even play this game, to win. Instead we do petty bs like start Courtney Lee, to make some sort of statement?? Lets say okay its fine to giveup this year, and try to contend next year. Then why start Lee!? Give young guys the minutes to develop them in what should be the last “tanking” (not trying to win a ring) season. Not a frikin vet who is last on the guard depth chart, and shouldn’t even be here because he should have been traded. Not bashing Lee, he seems like the utmost professional, but this is Rick Donnie and Cuban’s fault

Lee was not the problem, tbh.

(02-07-2020, 09:51 PM)sefant Wrote: I don't like Rick obsession with going small since Powell has been out. Feels its not going to work. Stop adjusting to the opposite team and play big. Kleber and KP are mobile enough.

if Luka is back, Kleber should start or WCS. And not those shitty undersized smaller lineups. Dwight injury killed that team, if WCS cant replace him.

When your 8-man playoff rotation consists of 5 guards, 1 wing, and 2 bigs, it's a form of insanity to expect anything other than small ball for much of the game.

(02-08-2020, 12:14 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:

Ah you see that's the problem. Rick would never do that if his life depended on it.

Kind of hard for him not to go small with the roster Donnie gave him. 8-man rotation of 5 guards, 1 wing, and 2 bigs. WTH is he supposed to do? I know he likes it, but why would Donnie think it was a good idea to give him a roster like that?

I have far, far more issue with him giving ***any minutes whatsoever*** to Justin than with playing small ball.

Oh, and good thing I'm not a betting man, right? I would have bet my house on the Mavs tonight. And I'd be homeless. This loss is on three Mavs: 1) KP, put your mask on and play like a man. 2) Seth - obviously not ready to come back. 3) RC - playing Justin for more than zero minutes and giving too much of a green light to Seth.
Like Reply
(02-07-2020, 09:53 PM)mtrot Wrote: Part of the problem is that we lose a lot of points because Wright continues to refuse to shoot the open three and instead passes the ball to another player, who then has to try to create ANOTHER good look for somebody and then the clock is running out.  And, too often, that leads to us not scoring on that possession.  He has got to shoot that open three.  I don't see why Rick is not on him to shoot that, as he seems to shoot at least as well as DFS, who seems to have a bright green light.
That's because Delon Wright is not a reliable 3PT shooter. Don't let his current percentage fool you, his career % is 34%. He is only making 0.7 three's per game. IF you asked him to shoot more 3's, that % will likely get worse. 

But you make an excellent point about his lack of offensive prowess. At age 27, he has no idea how to run an NBA offense. His offensive numbers have been widely NEGATIVE his whole career. 

Delon Wright has the worst on/off rating on the team at a -7.8. Last year on the future world champions Toronto Raptors, he managed a -11.4 rating. There is a reason TOR dumped him asap; he is closer to a liability than contributor on winning teams.
Like Reply
(02-08-2020, 01:05 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 09:53 PM)mtrot Wrote: Part of the problem is that we lose a lot of points because Wright continues to refuse to shoot the open three and instead passes the ball to another player, who then has to try to create ANOTHER good look for somebody and then the clock is running out. And, too often, that leads to us not scoring on that possession. He has got to shoot that open three. I don't see why Rick is not on him to shoot that, as he seems to shoot at least as well as DFS, who seems to have a bright green light.
That's because Delon Wright is not a reliable 3PT shooter. Don't let his current percentage fool you, his career % is 34%. He is only making 0.7 three's per game. IF you asked him to shoot more 3's, that % will likely get worse.

But you make an excellent point about his lack of offensive prowess. At age 27, he has no idea how to run an NBA offense. His offensive numbers have been widely NEGATIVE his whole career.

Delon Wright has the worst on/off rating on the team at a -7.8. Last year on the future world champions Toronto Raptors, he managed a -11.4 rating. There is a reason TOR dumped him asap; he is closer to a liability than contributor on winning teams.

Fine, you win, let's trade Wright this summer and keep Jalen.
Like Reply