Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Harp gone for good?
(11-19-2023, 09:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Did they even say why he was out in the first place?

No explanation given so far, but apparently they are going to switch between Harp and Devin.

I thought Devin was finding his footing and has some good insights in the Bucks game. Nothing spectacular but at least some real analysis. Harp on the other hand said prior to the Kings game something like "in order to win against a good team like the Kings you have to play well". Wtf. I almost forgot how bad he was.
Like Reply
Well, he's definitely not gone for good after announcing last game. Maybe they're slowly phasing him out for retirement? I'd like a clearer explanation
Like Reply
I'm glad we have Harp back so we can be reminded how much he sucks.

Low energy. Same platitudes. Zero insight on the game.

Perfect example against the Lakers last night with 5:55 left in the 3rd. Lebron helps off of Grant in the corner and THJ throws a perfect skip pass to Grant for the wide open 3.

THJ made an incredible read there. He copied what Luka was doing all night. Lebron helped high cause he was expecting a PnR and didn't want THJ to attack open space. What does Harp say?

Quote:*silence for around 3 seconds*

.... yuuuuup Lebron got caught napping!

*Literal silence again for 6 seconds as Followill is waiting for Harp to further explain but never does*

Harris might not be great at announcing yet, but I'll take him over low energy Harp any day.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
My favourite Harp-ism was at the end of the game with Kyrie at the line and Harper wonders whether he should miss on purpose. “2.9 seconds is not a lot of time…”
Followill gently reminds him that the Lakers have two timeouts and Harper sort of chuckles and says “I guess they didn’t want to,” after Kyrie makes ft two to put us up 3.
Like Reply