Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Harp gone for good?
Hey guys,

sorry if I missed it but I noticed, to my delight, that Devin has been co-commentator alongside mavsluvr, I mean Followill. Not saying that Devin is awesome, I think you can tell he has a lot of stuff still to learn, sometimes he is not as articulate as you would like him to be - but even now, he is already better than Harp ever was (as a commentator, I hope you see what I did there). Thanks to Devin I know now how to handle a zone-defense or what to do if you get blitzed all the time. That is already more than I have ever learned from Harp.

If it is not clear by now (and oldtimers here will remember that I have always ripped on Harp for being a shit commentator): I am just happy he is (hopefully?) gone for good.

And actually curious what the reason for it is? Also you guys takes on it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes meistermatze's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(11-13-2023, 06:31 PM)meistermatze Wrote: Hey guys,

sorry if I missed it but I noticed, to my delight, that Devin has been co-commentator alongside mavsluvr, I mean Followill. Not saying that Devin is awesome, I think you can tell he has a lot of stuff still to learn, sometimes he is not as articulate as you would like him to be - but even now, he is already better than Harp ever was (as a commentator, I hope you see what I did there). Thanks to Devin I know now how to handle a zone-defense or what to do if you get blitzed all the time. That is already more than I have ever learned from Harp.

If it is not clear by now (and oldtimers here will remember that I have always ripped on Harp for being a shit commentator): I am just happy he is (hopefully?) gone for good.

And actually curious what the reason for it is? Also you guys takes on it.

I don't think he's gone for good yet, but it does kind of seem like they've begun to phase him out. Very little has been said, publicly, so I don't think anyone knows for sure. 

I'm pretty excited for a change, myself.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
I’m good with Devin taking over and I loved Harris as a player. But Devin wasn’t even close to as good as Derek Harper as a player. Pat Riley never said anything about Devin but he totally respected Harp as the “best on ball defender in the league “.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
Harper was never that good as an analyst...they need to find someone who can be the next Bob Ortegel!
[-] The following 6 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41, chaparral, KillerLeft, MFFL, Reunion Mav, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Didn’t Harp do the first game or two? Definitely weird that he just kind of disappeared without any explanation. I think we would all “concur” that if he “got his legs” a little more into his effort, he wouldn’t have come up short this season….
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
A rated R broadcast commentated by myself and one of you Powell fans to balance me out would be the pinnacle of Mavs television.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • fifteenth, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(11-13-2023, 10:11 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Harper was never that good as an analyst...they need to find someone who can be the next Bob Ortegel!

I miss Bobby O so much. Should've had much much more Followill+Ortegel broadcasts than we got.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 5 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, MFFL, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Mark Followill talks directly about Harris and Harp here Followill on Harp

Doesn't say anything about why though.
Like Reply
I am afraid that Harp might be dealing with some health issues...
My son and I made the Chicago game and the Charlotte game in the lower bowl: Harp was almost unrecognizable, if he were not looking directly your direction... Looked more like Oliver Miller.
Like Reply
(11-13-2023, 11:57 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: A rated R broadcast commentated by myself and one of you Powell fans to balance me out would be the pinnacle of Mavs television.

We're probably only a few years away from Powell being the one we're listening to...
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
I've never liked Harper as an analyst. He's an extreme homer and hard to listen to. I think the final straw was when he acted like the jump hook 3 off glass from Luka wasn't lucky. Followill is great, but Harper makes it hard for me to enjoy listening. I hope his health isn't the reason, but I will be happy if he's not back on the main broadcast.
Like Reply
(11-13-2023, 11:57 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: A rated R broadcast commentated by myself and one of you Powell fans to balance me out would be the pinnacle of Mavs television.

Let's go Doogie Howser. I'm your huckleberry.

(11-13-2023, 10:11 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Harper was never that good as an analyst...they need to find someone who can be the next Bob Ortegel!

He can do that!
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(11-14-2023, 12:12 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I miss Bobby O so much. Should've had much much more Followill+Ortegel broadcasts than we got.

1st one to 100 wins!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkenfromLMF's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(11-14-2023, 02:52 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: 1st one to 100 wins!

Bob would have to update that statement. Maybe, 1st to 120 wins.
Not very astute ^^^^
  • SkenfromLMF
Like Reply
https://playersbio.com/where-is-derek-ha...doing-now/

He IS 62.  Maybe time to retire?
Like Reply
(11-14-2023, 05:07 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: https://playersbio.com/where-is-derek-ha...doing-now/

He IS 62.  Maybe time to retire?

That's not old!! I'll be there in no time.
Not very astute ^^^^
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
I didn’t like Harper but Devin Harris is worse.
Like Reply
Well it is kind of weird that they don'r really explain it but still trying to bring him back in a couple of games. Him being sick would make sense for this kind of intransparent communication.
Like Reply
Harp wasnt that good, but he's missed. Not liking Devin Harris at all.
Like Reply
I am not yet sold on Devin but I was hoping for so long to have Harp gone that it will take a lot of shit our of Devin's mouth to make me miss Harp.
Like Reply