Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 6: Charlotte Hornets (2-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (5-1) | 124-118 WIN!!!!!!!
(11-05-2023, 11:09 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: This isn’t a knock on Lively but doesn’t it appear he could have had over 20 rebounds tonight?  There are times he just doesn’t grasp the ball.  That will come.  I was actually expecting this a lot.  I was not expecting the 13-14 rebound games.  It is a great sign that he will eventually be an impactful Rebounder.

And the way Luka and Kyrie are looking for him, he’s gonna have a 20/20 someday soon. Can you imagine how pissed Porzingis and Wood must be about the setups he gets?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(11-05-2023, 10:12 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: After shooting 37% in the first half, Mavs managed to finish the game at 47% overall, 33% on threes.

And Charlotte, after 56% in the first, cooled off to 49%. 

Both a little closer to their averages.

That slump was even worse when you go back and see that we hit 4/5 in the first 2 and a half minutes, including 2/2 from 3.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(11-05-2023, 11:20 PM)The Jom Wrote: And the way Luka and Kyrie are looking for him, he’s gonna have a 20/20 someday soon. Can you imagine how pissed Porzingis and Wood must be about the setups he gets?

It starts with the willingness to do the dirty work. Lively isn't asking for postups or isos. He is setting screens. Rolling to the rim. Crashing the board. Something Wood and KP rarely did when they played for the Mavs.
Watching Boston early in the season it seems like KP finally learned his lesson. He isn't getting as many touches (only 10 FGA per game) and isn't creating as much for himself but has been super efficient as a finisher in the paint and spot up shooter.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply
(11-05-2023, 10:12 PM)The Jom Wrote: Can’t hit a shot? We hit the 5 min mark, and this team knows what to do. 5/9 shooting if I counted em right. Plus the free throws. 19 points in 5 mins. Better close strong if you want to beat these Mavs.

Great observation and very true to the tune of 5-0.
Like Reply
(11-05-2023, 10:56 PM)surfpuckmd Wrote: I'm glad Kidd decided to trust Hardy over Seth.  It definitely paid off tonight.  Hardy is so dynamic and fun to watch.  He's only going to get better.  I'm glad Seth is on the roster but hope he only plays when other guys are not available. 

The late 3rd quarter lineup of Kyrie, Hardy, Green, THJ and Powell was really energetic and fast.  It was also really successful.  I'm glad Kidd discovered that grouping and I hope he'll go back to it.
From the corner of the lower bowl there was a funny moment with Hardy on the floor in the 4th. Hardy shot a right corner three that hit nothing but the net. Most everybody in my section started cheering thinking he had drained the shot, but I could tell he missed it , and saw the rebounder (Williams) outlet. Guy next to me was like that was nothing but net... I said to him, "from the wrong side."

LaMello is close to being able to win these games by himself. PJ Washington hurt us in the 1st half, but it did not even feel like he was on the floor for the 4th.
Like Reply