Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-10-2023, 06:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For me:

1) Luka
2) Dirk
3) DFS
4) JET

But there's room for Kyrie in there towards the top if he gets it right this time around. I'm trying to keep my mind open.

[Image: tyson-chandler-nba.gif]
Like Reply
I am in my early 30s and you guys make me feel like I am the oldest poster on this board. Not cool.
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 06:02 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: 5. Derek Fisher

6. Lamar Odom

7. Rajon Rondo

BOOOO!

Where's Kiki Vandeweghe?
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 05:17 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Ignoring how things ended (still no jersey retirement). Just looking at the level of play Aguirre has a case over Kyrie.

In terms of sheer talent level Kyrie takes the cake individually.

Aguirre was a lethal scorer, but he was only a 3x all-star vs. Kyrie 8x all-star. His position was stacked sure, but Kyrie also faced a stacked guard spot the last 10 years. I mean even Blackman had more all-stars than Aguirre and they were on the same team.

Further Kyrie has been All-NBA 3x, while Aguirre never reached that.

But I agree with you as of now. Aguirre has done more for the Mavs than Kyrie has at this point, but individually Kyrie is the better player.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...qgq4otAAAA
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...01729?s=20&t=QgHYbE_3rV2HtpNLyYh14w
Like Reply
PAY HIM ALL THE MONIES
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
Having a guy who is a great free throw shooter at the end of the games is such a weapon.  Especially one of your primary ball handlers.  Feels like when we had Dirk.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
Kyrie is a provisional 5th right now, but headed to 3, maybe. He could move down or off the list too (he’s a volatile dude):

1. Luka
2. Dirk
3. Kidd
4. Nash
5. Kyrie
6. Ro
7. Aguirre
8. Jet
9. Fin
10. TC

I don’t really have a clear standard of time with Dallas vs. overall career, as long as you were great here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I believe that this trade will be regarded as the start of the Dallas dynasty with Luka Doncic. The pre-Kyrie years will be become regarded similar to the early Jordan years. Once the rest of league realises how great a fit this is, then we will be able to recruit players at the other positions. And I believe that Wood, Hardy and Green are here to stay and are a perfect fit as well. I think we will contend this season and are far more dangerous team than last season playoffs.
Like Reply
So far, all the right answers. These are great questions, too. 

https://youtu.be/QyGE0IG5IQc
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 03:49 PM)burekemde Wrote: I believe that this trade will be regarded as the start of the Dallas dynasty with Luka Doncic. The pre-Kyrie years will be become regarded similar to the early Jordan years. Once the rest of league realises how great a fit this is, then we will be able to recruit players at the other positions. And I believe that Wood, Hardy and Green are here to stay and are a perfect fit as well. I think we will contend this season and are far more dangerous team than last season playoffs.

I like the optimism. I think we are in an era that Jordan simply never had to face though. Meaning an era when super teams can be put together with relative ease. The fit is great offensively, but other duos have much less of a defensive deficit to make up compared to ours. Jordan-Pippen literally had zero deficit to make up as a duo on either end of the floor, all they needed was some play making and interior size and they were good.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 03:49 PM)burekemde Wrote: I believe that this trade will be regarded as the start of the Dallas dynasty with Luka Doncic. The pre-Kyrie years will be become regarded similar to the early Jordan years. Once the rest of league realises how great a fit this is, then we will be able to recruit players at the other positions. And I believe that Wood, Hardy and Green are here to stay and are a perfect fit as well. I think we will contend this season and are far more dangerous team than last season playoffs.

Can't start a dynasty with Kidd as coach.

I bet if Kidd has Luka+Kyrie+Siakam+Green+OG, Kidd could somehow muster one championship in a span of 5 years (instead of at least 4 for any other coach).

And.. Wood is as good as gone.
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 06:16 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Can't start a dynasty with Kidd as coach.

I bet if Kidd has Luka+Kyrie+Siakam+Green+OG, Kidd could somehow muster one championship in a span of 5 years (instead of at least 4 for any other coach).

And.. Wood is as good as gone.

Wood is way too good to be gone. When you leave him out, the wins wont come. When you play him, the team will reach another level. Kidd will be forced to play him. In fact, we wont win a championship without Wood starting. So Kidd doesnt really even have a choice. Wood seems in dohouse now for not signing an extension. But you just cant keep talent away from minutes. Because if you do, you lose. IMO Wood will play when it counts later, and if we win the championship, he will sign for Dallas. This is all about Kidd realising this fact.
Like Reply
Wood has some crazy talent for his height. The coaching staff needs to teach him what they want and hammer it home without punishing him every time he makes a mistake. He simply can do things offensively no other big on the team can do and he can actually carry the offense when he gets going. That alone could win a playoff game which could also decide a series. I think Wood is better than most, but I also see great value in "fixing" him instead of playing him low minutes and having him walk this summer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...27k44tAAAA

I saw a lot of uproar over this answer on Reddit where all the teenagers basically concluded Kyrie is as good as gone based on this.

Is it me? Am I the only one that thinks this is a perfectly acceptable answer and doesn't give any indication on whether he wants to stay or leave? 

Like of course if he was affirmative in saying "I want to do everything I can to stay here" would be the best case scenario in normal circumstances. But this is Kyrie we're talking about here. He's said that exact same line to 3 other teams and then left as soon as he could.

Woj said it best, if the Mavs pay I think Kyrie stays. I don't see why the Mavs wouldn't pay. Still don't understand the doomer takes though (not that anyone here has had doomer takes).
Like Reply
(02-13-2023, 07:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...27k44tAAAA

I saw a lot of uproar over this answer on Reddit where all the teenagers basically concluded Kyrie is as good as gone based on this.

Is it me? Am I the only one that thinks this is a perfectly acceptable answer and doesn't give any indication on whether he wants to stay or leave? 

Like of course if he was affirmative in saying "I want to do everything I can to stay here" would be the best case scenario in normal circumstances. But this is Kyrie we're talking about here. He's said that exact same line to 3 other teams and then left as soon as he could.

Woj said it best, if the Mavs pay I think Kyrie stays. I don't see why the Mavs wouldn't pay. Still don't understand the doomer takes though (not that anyone here has had doomer takes).
Pretty sure he’s already answered it at least once that I can remember too. It’s the repetitiveness of saying the same thing constantly. He’s just a guy that wants to quash that question up front. Can’t rule out the other thoughts, but this makes the most sense to me at least. Just keep the other stuff in the back of your mind.
Like Reply
(02-13-2023, 07:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...27k44tAAAA

I think he stays if we pay, and there is very little reason not to pay.  The most likely danger is that he decides to ask out after signing the contract, but the reality is the return for a star on long term contract is going to be more than what we had to pay for a rental and what we would get in an S&T.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-13-2023, 09:14 PM)mvossman Wrote: I think he stays if we pay, and there is very little reason not to pay.  The most likely danger is that he decides to ask out after signing the contract, but the reality is the return for a star on long term contract is going to be more than what we had to pay for a rental and what we would get in an S&T.
If he sits out until we trade him, valuation goes out the window though.

Not to 0 mind you, but about what we paid is much closer to the truth.
Like Reply
(02-13-2023, 07:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I saw a lot of uproar over this answer on Reddit where all the teenagers basically concluded Kyrie is as good as gone based on this.

Anyone that claims to know what Kyrie is really thinking is lying. He publicly said he wanted to stay in Cleveland, Boston, and Brooklyn at some point in his tenure at each and promptly left all of them eventually. Even if he says he wants to stay here, it means nothing. In the same way, this means nothing. It's anyone's guess what he'll be feeling 5 months from now after a playoff run. I think as long as Kyrie doesn't do anything insane, the Mavs will offer him whatever contract he wants. And as long as he gets the contract he wants, it's not a bad bet that he'd accept. But you just won't know until it happens.
[-] The following 2 users Like sterlingmallory's post:
  • Chicagojk, SleepingHero
Like Reply