Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
Beyond the obvious jokes about "Well, I don't know, Cuban wouldn't pay Brunson..." I am pretty ecstatic about that Woj comment. I know it will depress KL and Kamm, but this is the best-case scenario. You know that, for better or for worse, Cuban will shell out for Kyrie. 

I wonder if Miami could be persuaded to give up Butler for Hardy, expirings, our 2 firsts, our second and swaps for Butler. Luka-Kyrie-Butler would be a dynasty as long as those three were healthy.
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 04:34 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Beyond the obvious jokes about "Well, I don't know, Cuban wouldn't pay Brunson..." I am pretty ecstatic about that Woj comment. I know it will depress KL and Kamm, but this is the best-case scenario. You know that, for better or for worse, Cuban will shell out for Kyrie. 

I wonder if Miami could be persuaded to give up Butler for Hardy, expirings, our 2 firsts, our second and swaps for Butler. Luka-Kyrie-Butler would be a dynasty as long as those three were healthy.

Hardy and Josh can be the dynasty we want to build.

I'm not worried about Kyrie.  If the Mavs want to keep him, they can.  That's not to say that Cuban will not fuck it up, but all the Mavs have to do is offer him max money/years and don't get cute with the contract language.
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 04:34 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I know it will depress KL and Kamm, but this is the best-case scenario. You know that, for better or for worse, Cuban will shell out for Kyrie. 

I've been saying they're going to give him a multi-year max since BEFORE the trade got made. Sure, I was using it as argument NOT to to do the trade, but that's over and done with, now. 

The best outcome to hope for, from here, is that everyone gets along and he stays. No doubt about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
The one thing that really stuck out was Kyrie's quickness.   I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise but it felt different seeing him on your team.   He had some big and really good defenders on him, but made them feel almost useless trying to stay in front of him in a spread floor.   As much as I am a Brunson fan and while getting into the paint is one of Dinwiddie's strength, this was a different level.  

It is really such a rare pairing with Luka.  Both can get where they want to and finish, they just do it completely different ways.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • burekemde, MFFL, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 04:44 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: The one thing that really stuck out was Kyrie's quickness.   I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise but it felt different seeing him on your team.   He had some big and really good defenders on him, but made them feel almost useless trying to stay in front of him in a spread floor.   As much as I am a Brunson fan and while getting into the paint is one of Dinwiddie's strength, this was a different level.  

It is really such a rare pairing with Luka.  Both can get where they want to and finish, they just do it completely different ways.

I'm telling you, if they're savvy with Luka's minutes in the playoffs, this team will score 45 ppg in the 4th quarter in the playoffs. Or at least 40. While there are teams higher on the pecking order of championship predictions, I can guarantee you no team in the league will want to face them. There won't be chop-licking of any kind like with the Suns going into the second round last year.
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 04:44 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: The one thing that really stuck out was Kyrie's quickness.   I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise but it felt different seeing him on your team.   He had some big and really good defenders on him, but made them feel almost useless trying to stay in front of him in a spread floor.   As much as I am a Brunson fan and while getting into the paint is one of Dinwiddie's strength, this was a different level.  

On the acrobatic layup at the end, he went right around PG and Kawhi.  That’s not something you see everyday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 04:50 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: On the acrobatic layup at the end, he went right around PG and Kawhi.  That’s not something you see everyday.

But we will!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
He IS one of the 2-3 best players to ever suit up for this franchise...no denying that part.
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 05:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He IS one of the 2-3 best players to ever suit up for this franchise...no denying that part.

#3 behind Dirk and Luka
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 05:05 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: #3 behind Dirk and Luka

Ignoring how things ended (still no jersey retirement). Just looking at the level of play Aguirre has a case over Kyrie.
Like Reply
I've got Kyrie at #5.
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 05:17 PM)cow Wrote: I've got Kyrie at #5.

Behind Dirk, Luka, Aguirre, and Wood?
Like Reply
Brad Davis
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 05:33 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Brad Davis

Abdul "4th Quarter" Jeelani?
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 05:41 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Abdul "4th Quarter" Jeelani?

Martin Muursepp, Terry Davis, ,Doug Smith, Donald Hodge, Satnaam Singh...
Like Reply
Tariq Abdul Wahad?
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 05:54 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Tariq Abdul Wahad?

Salah Mejri!
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 05:30 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Behind Dirk, Luka, Aguirre, and Wood?

1.  Dirk
2.  God King
3.  TC
4.  Luka
Like Reply
5. Derek Fisher

6. Lamar Odom

7. Rajon Rondo
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
For me:

1) Luka
2) Dirk
3) DFS
4) JET

But there's room for Kyrie in there towards the top if he gets it right this time around. I'm trying to keep my mind open.
Like Reply