Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
86.96%
20 86.96%
Knicks
13.04%
3 13.04%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ NYK (3-9) | 103-106 loss
(11-14-2019, 03:05 PM)Hypermav Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 02:51 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Harp is fine, but I would've kept Bob
Jet or Ced would be better imo.  Now compared to other broadcast teams, Mavs are "pretty darn good."
Best thing about our broadcasters is they are not Homers...if Luka fouls a player and the replay shows it they acknowledge the foul compared to other teams who only see what the other team players do...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Keys:
  • Revenge games(s): Of course this is all about KP's return to MSG. It's on national tv, and the story of the game. But could also be DSJ playing against his former team in a season he has struggled mightily. And last but not least the Mavs themselves got punched in the face by the Knicks not long ago. I guess that's quite a lot going on for a common Thursday game.
  • Knicks put on notice: Just like six days ago the Knicks should bring some extra motivation into this one. It's the first game after the Knicks brass voiced concern about the team's struggles. They are a mess and Fizdale and management could be fired any minute pretty much. That's why it's once again important to be ready right from the start and not let New York or their fans get into the game.
  • Must win: Because of the mentioned reasons, it could be a difficult game. But Mavs are heavy favorites and on paper should win easily. Let's not gift this crap franchise another win please. Last year two early losses against the abysmal Suns put a lot of doubt into any playoff aspirations. Two losses to the Knicks could do the same this season. Not that it's the end of the world of course, but it would not look good to say the least.
  • Get Curry going: This one will be about KP, but force-feeding him might not be too beneficial. Just play the game and don't let the narrative affect you. More than that, I'd like to see Curry get going. He is absurdly inefficient and invisible for how good a fit he is in theory. We need him.
  • Consistency in the starting lineup: Let's roll out the same five as against Boston. I know they didn't perform too well, but it's the right lineup and it needs the minutes together. Powell got eaten alive in the first matchup and I can only hope Rick doesn't field Lee for toughness again.
  • Bench THJ in case of emergency: THJ is so up and down that Rick has to protect him from himself. Which means that he shouldn't play more than 15 minutes on nights where he bricks every possible possession that somehow goes through him. We have a very intriguing replacement in Justin Jackson. Adjust if necessary.
  • Next Luka show in front of a national audience: The Knicks suck, game is on TNT. Go do your thing Luka!
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
RC had a game against Knicks that we lost. I fully expect that he adapt the team and tactics to what happened in the last game, no excuses, especially against a coach under pressure. We have a much better roster on paper, and this should be a win.
Like Reply
KP should come out and have a big game, 30pts, 12rebs and 5 blocks.

Luka seems to step up in these games as well, 28pts, 11rebs, 13ast

Hoping for a Bro showing Smile

Not sure why he is on the team if they never give him any chance to play.
If they aren't going to use him then he is just taking up a spot they could use for a development player.
Like Reply
Tim Hardaway 30 Point Nights Calling it now.
Like Reply
(11-14-2019, 05:58 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Tim Hardaway 30 Point Nights Calling it now.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
More minutes to Boban and JJ, please! A lot more to Kleber and Wright as well.
Like Reply
(11-14-2019, 06:00 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 05:58 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Tim Hardaway 30 Point Nights Calling it now.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Lavar Ball: "Speak it into existence!"
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sny_knicks/status/11...8439422976
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Odds that Porzingis gets booed: 100%, 150%, or 200%?

I'm hoping for a big bounce back game by Porzingis here against his old team. THJ should be extra motivated too. Can't let ourselves get swept by the Knicks even if a team of nothing but power forwards is a bad matchup for us
Like Reply
KP is in his own head so bad right now I can't imagine NYC booing him every time he touches the ball is going to help. But you never know!
Like Reply
Whatever we get from KP is gravy.  Luka must carry again.
Like Reply
Tim Hardaway X-Factor, we never lose when he hits his shots.
Like Reply
(11-14-2019, 07:32 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Tim Hardaway X-Factor, we never lose when he hits his shots.

20% chance of that happening based on this seasons sample size.
Like Reply
Powell going to be guarding Randle i assume?
Like Reply
I really hope Porzingis plays well. For being just the 11th game this feels like an important one for the trajectory of the season. I feel like Kristap's confidence is teetering and a loss while getting booed in his old home would be really bad for him personally. I hope Rick senses this and gets everyone ready to play.
Like Reply
Luka, Curry, DFS, Powell and KP starting
Like Reply
I hope DSJ plays.  I have no idea on his status.
Like Reply

On 50 shots.

(11-14-2019, 07:50 PM)iolide Wrote: Powell going to be guarding Randle i assume?

Smart by Carlisle. Have Randle go off for 40, and hopefully no one else touches the ball.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-14-2019, 07:56 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Luka, Curry, DFS, Powell and KP starting

-20 per 100 in 29 minutes this season. Curry with the starters hasn´t worked so far and I don´t think Powell is a good defensive matchup against Randle.
Like Reply