Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020-2021 ROSTER TALK: Archived
(04-19-2021, 01:06 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: KP's value is probably Nurkic straight up but not with CJ included maybe other pieces. KP has really lost value and we will need to be accepting of not getting equal return. 

KP's value is much higher than people think it is. Not Beal high but also not "take what we can get" low.
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 01:40 PM)cow Wrote: I'm done with this franchise if we trade for Wiggins.

He, he Smile How about this minor trade idea?:

GSW: KP, DFS
Ind: Wiseman, Minny 1st, Powell
Dal: Wiggins, Brogdon, Turner

Indiana starts a rebuild with a good pick and number 2 draft pick (although not a great fit with Sabonis and Goga). GSW improves their title window and gets rid of Wiggins contract. Dallas gets three starters.

Edit: I had to add DFS to GSW, it just felt they are not getting enough with KP only.
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 02:50 PM)omahen Wrote: He, he Smile How about this minor trade idea?:

GSW: KP, DFS
Ind: Wiseman, Minny 1st, Powell
Dal: Wiggins, Brogdon, Turner

Indiana starts a rebuild with a good pick and number 2 draft pick (although not a great fit with Sabonis and Goga). GSW improves their title window and gets rid of Wiggins contract. Dallas gets three starters.

Edit: I had to add DFS to GSW, it just felt they are not getting enough with KP only.

1st:  I hate you.

I'd break your value down like this:

GSW:  KP (FRP+ value), DFS (late FRP/early SRP value)
Ind:  Wiseman might be a massive miss by GSW (mid-to-late FRP value), Minny 1st, Powell (negative value on a bad contract, -1 FRP value)
Dal:  Wiggins (terrible player on a terrible contract, -1+ FRP value), Brogdon and Turner could probably net you 3-4 FRP value.

I'd want more if I'm Indy.

(04-19-2021, 02:48 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: KP's value is much higher than people think it is. Not Beal high but also not "take what we can get" low.

With you, KP's value is much higher than Nurk.  Maybe I just have homer glasses on.
Like Reply
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2940...-announced
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 02:58 PM)cow Wrote: I'd want more if I'm Indy.

Wiseman is still a 2nd pick. Way to early to say if he is a bust or not. Indy also gives 40 mil and gets only 10 back - massive saving worth something. The biggest problem I would have is that Wiseman is same position as Sabonis. It would probably also take them to trade him as well somewhere for this deal to make sense. You don't trade for such high pick to bury him on the bench.
Like Reply
We don’t really know what Brunson has in mind for his future. If he wants a starer role and big money....

GS: KP, Burke

Mavs: Brogdon and Turner

Pacers: Wiggins, Wiseman, Brunson, Minnesota pick 

Seems like a foundation for something all 3 teams could benefit from
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 03:54 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: We don’t really know what Brunson has in mind for his future. If he wants a starer role and big money....

GS: KP, Burke

Mavs: Brogdon and Turner

Pacers: Wiggins, Wiseman, Brunson, Minnesota pick 

Seems like a foundation for something all 3 teams could benefit from

Why would GSW want KP if they can have Brogdon/Turner?
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 04:34 PM)HAguiar95 Wrote: Why would GSW want KP if they can have Brogdon/Turner?

It's a good question. I know I wouldn't.
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 04:34 PM)HAguiar95 Wrote: Why would GSW want KP if they can have Brogdon/Turner?

10 million less salary and perhaps Indiana doesn't want Wiggins. That's why I put Wiggins to Dallas in my proposal.
Like Reply
Good question. I think Brogdon/Turner is worth more than GSW can offer. Brunson is the big chip added

Maybe it’s best to just take whatever GSW can offer and go into full rebuild
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 04:48 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Good question. I think Brogdon/Turner is worth more than GSW can offer. Brunson is the big chip added

Maybe it’s best to just take whatever GSW can offer and go into full rebuild

I've said it over and over and over... KP and Brunson for Turner, Brogdon, and a FRP. That's a fair trade. Whether Indiana does it or not is another question.
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 04:50 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I've said it over and over and over... KP and Brunson for Turner, Brogdon, and a FRP. That's a fair trade. Whether Indiana does it or not is another question.

I don't think you'd get a FRP back and that seems completely fair.
Like Reply

I think they'd want KP
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 04:50 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I've said it over and over and over... KP and Brunson for Turner, Brogdon, and a FRP. That's a fair trade. Whether Indiana does it or not is another question.

They are not sending an FRP in that deal, but I would probably still do it.  Would still have nearly 30 Mil to spend in FA.
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 05:04 PM)cow Wrote: I don't think you'd get a FRP back and that seems completely fair.
I think that depends on how good he does in the playoffs this year. Although, that prospect is looking less likely lately.
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 05:11 PM)mvossman Wrote: They are not sending an FRP in that deal, but I would probably still do it.  Would still have nearly 30 Mil to spend in FA.

THT/Ball + Brogan and Turner sure would transform the defense in a hurry.
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 05:14 PM)cow Wrote: THT/Ball + Brogan and Turner should would transform the defense in a hurry.
I would be very happy with a THT/Brogdon/Turner offseason. Would still want to see someone supplant Maxi as well, but that trio gets us so much closer to the goal IMO.
Like Reply
Turner major foot injury. Damaged goods now. "Plantar "stuff, which typically lingers and becomes very problematic, it seems.
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 05:20 PM)F Gump Wrote: Turner major foot injury. Damaged goods now. "Plantar "stuff, which typically lingers and becomes very problematic, it seems.

Damaged goods for damaged goods.  *shrug*
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 05:20 PM)F Gump Wrote: Turner major foot injury. Damaged goods now. "Plantar "stuff, which typically lingers and becomes very problematic, it seems.
Hmmmm, hadn't seen that. On to KP/Powell for Holmes/Bagley/Hield?
Like Reply