Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020-2021 ROSTER TALK: Archived
Rainbow 
This is the salary data up to today that we have with some guesses thrown in. We will get harder numbers on Green, Terry, and Burke in the coming days I would think. This also assumes that JJB is the one who is cut after camp.

[Image: Screenshot-2021-04-01-3.55.56-PM.png]
Like Reply
Ugh...I had forgotten that KP got a PO in the final year. Not great.

Other than that, this looks pretty sexy, imo. 

Richardson's low cap hold next summer (if he opts out) will be very, very helpful, and honestly, it won't be the end of the world if he opts in, either.
Like Reply
Assume...  Thanks for posting this, I've been trying to find something like this info on the web.  Question - would JJB's money show as Dead Money since it is said to be guaranteed?
Like Reply
(11-30-2020, 12:27 PM)chaparral Wrote: Question - would JJB's money show as Dead Money since it is said to be guaranteed?

Yes, I believe so, but for this season only, so not having an effect on next season's cap.
Like Reply
(11-30-2020, 12:27 PM)chaparral Wrote: would JJB's money show as Dead Money since it is said to be guaranteed?

Dead money in season 2020/21.

@"Kammrath" - I can't figure out how 80 mil total salary is calculated. If I count all guaranteed salaries plus Doncic, plus Brunson but no Richardson I get 77 mil.
Like Reply
(11-30-2020, 01:15 PM)omahen Wrote: @Kammrath - I can't figure out how 80 mil total salary is calculated. If I count all guaranteed salaries plus Doncic, plus Brunson but no Richardson I get 77 mil.

Because I am an idiot and did some changes to the spreadsheet and it jacked with my formula in the column. Here is the updated:

[Image: Screenshot-2020-11-30-at-3.34.41-PM.png]
Like Reply
Two-Way contracts for Bey and Hinton do not count against the cap? What happens when/if they play in an NBA game? Do they just get their salary if called up?
Like Reply
(11-30-2020, 03:27 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Two-Way contracts for Bey and Hinton do not count against the cap? What happens when/if they play in an NBA game? Do they just get their salary if called up?

Two-way contracts are basically upgraded G-league contracts.

Before this pandemic, two-way's were limited to spending 45 days with their NBA team. After that cap, they are forced to play with their respective G-League team the rest of the year. While with the NBA team, the two-way player is paid a salary commensurate to the NBA rookie minimum (890K) but it is paid on a daily schedule. Which means its the rookie salary broken into its day of service pay. With his G-League team, the player is paid a yearly salary of 75K. 

That means a player whos spends the max amount of time with a team (45 days) and G-league can only earn a maximum of 293,000 (daily rate x45+75K). However, this year the NBA changed it to games available, not days. Meaning 2-ways can earn a lot more. 

But in either case, 2-ways shouldn't count against the cap. At least to my knowledge.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-30-2020, 03:27 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Two-Way contracts for Bey and Hinton do not count against the cap? What happens when/if they play in an NBA game? Do they just get their salary if called up?

They do not count against the cap. And the number is $449,115 I think....but wanted to get confirmation.

They can play up to 50 of the NBA games this year.
Like Reply
(11-30-2020, 04:27 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
They can play up to 50 of the NBA games this year.

So, I know that was the way the rule was set up normally (recently changed wording from X amount of "days" to 50 "games")...but on draft night, Donnie said all of those rules were thrown out the window for this season. He said that basically, there was no upper limit to how much time they could spend with the team this year, and that essentially, there were 17 normal roster spots (this season only). 

Have you seen something since then that changes our understanding of what he said?
Like Reply
(11-30-2020, 05:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Have you seen something since then that changes our understanding of what he said?

I was going off of this which was posted Nov 22 (4 days after the draft).

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/11/2020...acker.html
Like Reply
Gotcha...I have a feeling what Donnie was talking about is more current, but maybe isn't common knowledge yet. 

I'm not even sure there will BE a G League this year, so what he said makes sense. AND, it also makes sense that they would have taken advantage by adding another 2nd round pick.
Like Reply
(11-30-2020, 05:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Gotcha...I have a feeling what Donnie was talking about is more current, but maybe isn't common knowledge yet. 

I'm not even sure there will BE a G League this year, so what he said makes sense. AND, it also makes sense that they would have taken advantage by adding another 2nd round pick.

Just call him and ask him
Like Reply
So we are sitting on more salaries than roster spots. The list above + JJB + a couple of undrafteds. Are contracts guaranteed on signing or only once the season starts? In other words, if they cut JJB (I love him, but it's time to coach) does his salary still count for the seasons cap space? 

Just curious. DAL is still well under the tax line for now, but obviously some aren't going to make to opening day. It used to be a way to get exclusivity for signing to the G League affiliate, but I don't know if that safety net is even there this year.
Like Reply
Deals are guaranteed.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...0006830089
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KellanOlson/status/1...7590661122

How could we offer him more money than the MLE?  SnT with Miami?
Like Reply
(12-01-2020, 06:41 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: How could we offer him more money than the MLE? 

Four years?
Like Reply
(12-01-2020, 06:42 PM)omahen Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 06:41 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: How could we offer him more money than the MLE? 

Four years?
https://twitter.com/KellanOlson/status/1...3995343872

Sounds like we wanted to give him a shorter/1yr deal for quite a bit more than the MLE.

I dunno how that's possible.  Some kind of trade to Miami is the only way right?
Like Reply
Something I'd very much like to put on everyone's radar:

We all think Barea will be the odd man out at the end of camp, and that might just be the case, but...

...if Barea makes it onto the roster, we need to understand that it's because Luka wanted it that way. It's no secret that Barea is tight with both Luka and KP, and honestly, if they think there's something to be gained by keeping him around, it's not that big of a deal. Demonstrating to both of them that the team knows how to treat its loyal vets is probably not a bad idea, when all is said and done.
Like Reply