Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
In Defense of Mak
Mak will probably be shocked that I'm defending him since we've had some dust ups in the past. I've inspired him to ban me and a couple of my aliases in the past. Some of us just don't like the principle (or lead Mod), and unfortunately, I've been a little bit like that at times (my bad).

Sorry about all that Mak (although...there is one joke alias and post that I was particularly proud of, and I think you didn't know it was me, and it got banned quickly...but if we can look back and laugh now because we're old and stuff, then I'll remind you of it, if you're interested).

But here's the deal:

We move to a new Forum, start fresh, Mak comes out of the gate offering nothing but respectfully written posts, light hearted humor and offers to help the community, and in return he starts getting flak from people. It's bad form imho. Give the dude a break. He's not even the principle anymore, so get over it.  

And I'm not a MOD, but if I were, I'd ban folks very sparingly, but, I'd certainly ban, or not activate, any attempt at a username of the form "postername_sucks". It's just juvenile and pretty sorry. 

New forum, new season, new day, get off Mak's back!
Like Reply
[Image: il_fullxfull.1082895124_2lvl_51d4fd75-a6...024@2x.jpg]
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[Image: il_794xN.1798002960_iphp.jpg]
Like Reply
that is awesome Kam!

edit: 
I just went an read it 

the whole thing: http://www.spunk.org/texts/prose/sp000212.txt

I love those Suess books
and poems and things
they cause me to laugh
and to cry and to sing

My kids love them too
so I think I may
go buy this new book
about turtles today
Like Reply
Only issues I've had with Mak is his hyping of certain players like DP and others...and Kamm does a good job keeping him in check...anytime I reached out to Mak in the past for help he always responded quick and helped resolve the issue...

Mak has my respect for what he has done for the Community over the years...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(09-24-2019, 12:14 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Only issues I've had with Mak is his hyping of certain players like DP and others...
Are you telling me Dwight Powell, Yogi Ferrell, and Devin Harris aren't worth the hype?

Because they totally are. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Anyways I agree with Fif, making usernames that actively degrade other posters doesn't sit right with me. I'd change it but I have no idea how to.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
you know? I am pretty lenient about humor and teasing...

but I have to agree with fif here... I think we should remove the user maksucks.

I am okay with the fake names that make fun of players or names that are inside jokes... but let's all have some respect for one another at least.
Like Reply
(09-24-2019, 01:14 PM)Magickian Wrote: you know? I am pretty lenient about humor and teasing...

but I have to agree with fif here... I think we should remove the user maksucks.

I am okay with the fake names that make fun of players or names that are inside jokes... but let's all have some respect for one another at least.
Agree...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(09-24-2019, 02:27 PM)balldontliez Wrote: We’ve gotta keep the mavs/nba board relevant to mavs stuff...that’s my approach anyway. I’ve been terrible about going OT in the past, so the irony is not lost on me. Feel free to dm

Are you a MOD? LOL! Irony indeed!!!

Use your powers for good pal!!
Like Reply
bdlz has always been a force for good in the world
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
(09-24-2019, 02:53 PM)robillionaire Wrote: bdlz has always been a force for good in the world

and now he finally has the power to do something about me  Big Grin
Like Reply
Free BDL
Like Reply
and trade Felton!!!
Like Reply
I didn't realize Mak was over here.  No desire to post somewhere he's a mod.  Dude literally trolls in 90% of his posts and threatens to ban people or edit their posts when they call him out.  

Goodbye
Bye maksucks Sad
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
(09-24-2019, 04:12 PM)GetKiddAnotherRing Wrote: Free BDL

Is this the real GKANR??

#TheReturn
Like Reply