Poll: Where are you from?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dallas
32.11%
35 32.11%
North America (not Dallas)
35.78%
39 35.78%
Europe
22.94%
25 22.94%
Asia
6.42%
7 6.42%
Australia
0.92%
1 0.92%
South America
0.92%
1 0.92%
Africa
0.92%
1 0.92%
Total 109 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CHECK IN: Where are you from?
(12-08-2020, 02:08 PM)david75090 Wrote: I was born in Dallas, lived in Sherman for most of my life. Was excited to finally have an NBA team to root for in 1980 when the Mavs were formed. Remember when the Mavs got Brad Davis from the Anchorage Northern Knights so they could get the ball past half court so they could run Motta's offense. Long time LMF board member, but don't feel like I belong there in the current climate of 2020, so...

I went to undergrad in Sherman.
Like Reply
"I went to undergrad in Sherman."

At A.C.?
Like Reply
(12-08-2020, 05:51 PM)david75090 Wrote: "I went to undergrad in Sherman."

At A.C.?

yep class of 2003
Like Reply
(12-08-2020, 05:51 PM)david75090 Wrote: "I went to undergrad in Sherman."

At A.C.?

Quick tip by the way, if you want to quote someone you can just hit the "Reply" button in the bottom right corner of the post you're trying to reply to. 

You can also just highlight what you want to reply to, if you don't want to reply to the entire post. When you highlight the text, a little "reply" box should appear at the end of the text that's highlighted. Just click that and it'll take you to the bottom of the screen where you can reply.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-08-2020, 09:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Quick tip by the way, if you want to quote someone you can just hit the "Reply" button in the bottom right corner of the post you're trying to reply to. 

You can also just highlight what you want to reply to, if you don't want to reply to the entire post. When you highlight the text, a little "reply" box should appear at the end of the text that's highlighted. Just click that and it'll take you to the bottom of the screen where you can reply.

I hit "quote" and nothing happened so I did the copy & paste thing since it was a short quote. I did what you said on this one and quoted the whole thing. Will wonders never cease? It was like a miracle.  Tongue
Like Reply
(12-08-2020, 09:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: You can also just highlight what you want to reply to, if you don't want to reply to the entire post. When you highlight the text, a little "reply" box should appear at the end of the text that's highlighted

MIND BLOWN

I've wasted so much time trying to delete sentences other than the one I'm replying to.
Like Reply
(12-08-2020, 10:20 PM)david75090 Wrote: I hit "quote" and nothing happened so I did the copy & paste thing since it was a short quote. I did what you said on this one and quoted the whole thing. Will wonders never cease? It was like a miracle.  Tongue
Very glad to hear it worked out for you! Keep on posting!

(12-09-2020, 12:43 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: MIND BLOWN

I've wasted so much time trying to delete sentences other than the one I'm replying to.

I know when Magick implemented that into the site my mind was legit BLOWN away. Happy to bring the "magick" to you!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Grew up 25 miles north of Abilene, aka the middle of nowhere. Lived in the country and had 3 channels. CBS was UHF, so it looked like the Cowboys always played in a massive blizzard. I remember the 10 pm local news highlights of the Mavs / Lakers in 88, but I didn’t care too much about the NBA. But, that changed my junior year of high school becoming engrossed in the Finals and rooting so hard for the Suns and Barkley to beat Jordan and the Bulls. Then my senior year of high school I just fell in love with the sad-sack, 11-win, Derek Harper led, Jim Jackson holdout Mavs. No idea why. I’ve been a Mavs nut ever since. As an adult, I’ve lived all over, including Dallas, but I’ve been in Washington State for 10 years, the last 3 in Spokane.
Like Reply
Hey!

I guess you could call me another bandwagon fan from Slovenia. My first NBA games that i watched were afternoon replays of finals of the second Bulls three-peat against Sonics and Jazz. I was too young, so my parents did not allow me to stay up at night. Stopped following in the early 2000s as i absolutely hated Lakers domination and Anthony/Wade/Kobe iso type of basketball that followed. Got back into it with the ascend of Golden state and their type of basketball around 2010. I absolutely loved, the way they played, and how they build their team. In my view it was the type of basketball we see in Europe but on steroids, with that NBA quality, which we just don´t get. Fell in love instantly. Also loved 2011 Mavs run. I mean who didn´t love Dirk? To see him win, the way he did, after all those years of failure was amazing. Other than that i don´t really support any team specifically, just a fan of good basketball.

That said, i have been lurking around here and on 247 forum for past 3 years, because of obvious reason. These days i don´t post much on any forums, but decided eventually to register as i must say you guys are doing terrific job around here. Not many trolls, lots of good information and quality discussions. Hard to find (sports) forums like these in this day and age. So two thumbs up from me to guys who run this forum. Probably not gonna post much, maybe I can be of some help if there are any information about Luka in local media, which i can forward and translate. Although i think you already have a few posters from Slovenia.

I wish you all a very happy and hopefully healthy new year.

P.S. I think i still haven´t received a conformation email and how the hell can i put a picture in my avatar? On the other hand i just may be stupid...
Like Reply
Slovenia slowly taking over Smile
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 10:59 AM)bodhisattva Wrote: Hey!

I guess you could call me another bandwagon fan from Slovenia. My first NBA games that i watched were afternoon replays of finals of the second Bulls three-peat against Sonics and Jazz. I was too young, so my parents did not allow me to stay up at night. Stopped following in the early 2000s as i absolutely hated Lakers domination and Anthony/Wade/Kobe iso type of basketball that followed. Got back into it with the ascend of Golden state and their type of basketball around 2010. I absolutely loved, the way they played, and how they build their team. In my view it was the type of basketball we see in Europe but on steroids, with that NBA quality, which we just don´t get. Fell in love instantly. Also loved 2011 Mavs run. I mean who didn´t love Dirk? To see him win, the way he did, after all those years of failure was amazing. Other than that i don´t really support any team specifically, just a fan of good basketball.

That said, i have been lurking around here and on 247 forum for past 3 years, because of obvious reason. These days i don´t post much on any forums, but decided eventually to register as i must say you guys are doing terrific job around here. Not many trolls, lots of good information and quality discussions. Hard to find (sports) forums like these in this day and age. So two thumbs up from me to guys who run this forum. Probably not gonna post much, maybe I can be of some help if there are any information about Luka in local media, which i can forward and translate. Although i think you already have a few posters from Slovenia.

I wish you all a very happy and hopefully healthy new year.

P.S. I think i still haven´t received a conformation email and how the hell can i put a picture in my avatar? On the other hand i just may be stupid...

Welcome! Maybe one of moderators @"ClutchDirk" or @"fifteenth" can get your email confirmation sorted. I had the same problem, I think it is a bug in the forum.
Like Reply
Believe it or not, I have been lurking in this forum for more than 10 yrs now. I remember when it was dallasbasketball.net or something, reading suggestions on what shall we do with the DUST chip and such.

This thread has made me register and post for the first time. It is good to hear that I am not the only Filipino (Philippines) in this forum, but I am staying currently in Switzerland.

I have been a Dallas Mavericks fan since 2003 - was a CWebb/Peja fan before, but when I saw how Dirk played, man, have I changed my mind so quickly.

I remember a lot of fond memories with the team, some of which I lurked around here to read your insights.

- Dirk/Tmac rivalry
- Our first trip (heartbreak) from 06.
- Dirk's drive to the hoop to force an OT G7 versus the Spurs - also when Diop shut Duncan down for a few possessions.
- We believe Warriors Sad
- Our fascination with Rodrigue Beabouis' wingspan.
- DUST Chip/Matt Caroll chip.
- Lebron Come to Dallas recruitment song
- Our championship run where we counted down the remaining wins until we reach 16.
- 3D plan (powder).
- Chandler Parsons will bring FAs here.
- Refreshing every 3 mins to read updates about DeAndre Jordan.
- DSJ excitement
- Luka's Arrival
- Kristaps Porzingis Trade.
- Dirk's beautiful retirement.
- Luka's buzzer beater from the bubble.

And a lot more to come! I may not post that much again here, but I am happy to share these memories with you guys from all over the world!

Cheers!
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 10:59 AM)bodhisattva Wrote: P.S. I think i still haven´t received a conformation email and how the hell can i put a picture in my avatar? On the other hand i just may be stupid...

Hey and welcome to the board! Great post.  Just checked and it seems like you're registered in the system and you're all set!

Also to change your avatar, that needs to be done in your User CP. If you're in the Light theme (you can check what theme you have if you scroll all the way down on the bottom right corner of the screen), you'll find your User CP on the top left of the screen, right below the "Welcome Back ___" message. 

Once you're in User CP, you'll see on the left side of your screen a tab called 'Your Profile'. In there, there is an option called "Change Avatar". Select that and it will bring you to the page where you can upload a picture to be your avatar! Only restrictions are avatar pictures must be 100x100 pixels, and the file cannot be larger than 25kb. Let me know if you figured it out or still need help!
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 01:48 PM)Spaceman Wrote: Lebron Come to Dallas recruitment song

This song should've been a top 100 hit and no one can tell me otherwise. Also glad you finally made an account after all these years lurking! Hope to see you post some more after Luka/KP makes even more great Mavs moments
Like Reply
From Detroit, presently in Plano.
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 02:10 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: From Detroit, presently in Plano.

Originally a Pistons fan? Still a Pistons fan?
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: FYI, Omahen, Crazyboy was a German fan who was a major part of the old board. Very opinionated, like you,  Tongue and a big fan of cats.

Crazyboy was well, Crazy. Had a answer for everything, and God forbid if he didn't agree with you. He was a different kind of cat, no pun intended.
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 12:28 PM)omahen Wrote: Slovenia slowly taking over
One Dončič at a time Cool
(01-03-2021, 01:48 PM)Spaceman Wrote: This thread has made me register and post for the first time. It is good to hear that I am not the only Filipino (Philippines) in this forum, but I am staying currently in Switzerland.
I actually have a Filipino co-worker. We had a good laugh in the last word cup when Serbia beat Philippines by like 50 points. Just a fun fact.
(01-03-2021, 01:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Hey and welcome to the board! Great post.  Just checked and it seems like you're registered in the system and you're all set!
Tnx boss. I´m legit now.

Tnx for the warm welcome, and looking forward to tonight´s game against Bulls.
Like Reply
As I said in an earlier post, I have been a long time lurker but this is the first forum I have ever posted to...sorry.  I don’t know why I finally posted, I’m not really a social media user.  I think it was because the discussion here is so rich that I thought it might enrich the game viewing experience.

I was born and raised in the metroplex but after graduating from Texas Tech (GUNS UP), I spent a number of years in other states due to job relocations before returning (hopefully for good). I grew up in a sports family and dad was an exec. for a Dallas based company who did a lot of work with Cowboys players so my younger years were like a scaled down version of being a players son (without the smelly locker room).  The Cowboys have always been my first love but I also love and closely follow all Dallas teams (day 1 Mavs fan...don’t really closely follow a lot of other teams...my loyalty is pure).  

I am also the father of a basketball team (I have 5 boys...donations accepted).  I have been in the biotech industry most of my career but hope to retire as soon as I get the boy’s out of the house and college.  The thing that scares me is that kids today don’t seem to want to leave.  I couldn’t get out quick enough.  Just kidding...I’m truly blessed.  But I wasn’t kidding about the donations part.
Like Reply
(01-04-2021, 08:52 PM)RDB Wrote: As I said in an earlier post, I have been a long time lurker but this is the first forum I have ever posted to...sorry.  I don’t know why I finally posted, I’m not really a social media user.  I think it was because the discussion here is so rich that I thought it might enrich the game viewing experience.

I was born and raised in the metroplex but after graduating from Texas Tech (GUNS UP), I spent a number of years in other states due to job relocations before returning (hopefully for good). I grew up in a sports family and dad was an exec. for a Dallas based company who did a lot of work with Cowboys players so my younger years were like a scaled down version of being a players son (without the smelly locker room).  The Cowboys have always been my first love but I also love and closely follow all Dallas teams (day 1 Mavs fan...don’t really closely follow a lot of other teams...my loyalty is pure).  

I am also the father of a basketball team (I have 5 boys...donations accepted).  I have been in the biotech industry most of my career but hope to retire as soon as I get the boy’s out of the house and college.  The thing that scares me is that kids today don’t seem to want to leave.  I couldn’t get out quick enough.  Just kidding...I’m truly blessed.  But I wasn’t kidding about the donations part.
I should add that my youngest 2 are 16 year old twins and they both have better handles than Finney-Smith and better 3 point shooting than 2021 Hardaway so if you know any teams looking for a sg/wing, let me know ?.
Like Reply