Poll: Who will win the game? (Lakers 1.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
24 80.00%
Lakers
20.00%
6 20.00%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GAME 5: LAL Refs (4-1) @ DAL (3-2) | 110-119 OT loss | NBA admits missed call
https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/1190490775592873984
Like Reply
[img]
— Brad Townsend (@townbrad) November 2, 2019 " />

(11-01-2019, 11:56 PM)Hypermav Wrote: https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/1190490775592873984

If that is all he needs then THANK THE LORD.

[img]
“The intent was to foul. We were just unable. The fact that we were unable is on me.” — Carlisle on last Laker possession in regulation.
— Brad Townsend (@townbrad) November 2, 2019 " />
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Yeah, no concussion protocol is a relief.
Like Reply
Now that we actually have a good team and every game actually matters for a change, I'm not liking what RC is doing. There's no consitency with rotations or minutes. He seems to be making too many boneheaded decisions. He clearly isn't taking advantage of the challenge rule. I know he won a chip so Cuban will never fire him, but it seems to me in our 2 losses, we got out coached. Yes that's a small sample size, but it's something I don't like. RC has to be better. The team has to be better. They have to make free throws .KP needs to get tougher mentally and have a impact on games late. On one hand I'm happy as heck that we can hang with the best teams. On the other hand, I strongly feel like we should be 5-0.
Like Reply
KP played like a Knick tonight..
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 11:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 11:48 PM)TATU Wrote: https://twitter.com/KendrickPerkins/stat...8237558785

I actually hate everything this stupid dude says. Everything he says has no substance, filled with idiocy. Its no wonder why E!SPN hired him.

I've never liked Perkins but Kristaps has to hear this and use it as motivation to get better.

Still don't think he's 100% back yet. I'm even willing to wait after ASG. We have to be patient.
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 11:44 PM)TATU Wrote: That missed call was bad but we lost this game mainly because..

1. Stupid decision by Maxi on that final possession.
2. Free throws....again.
3. KP disappearing act in the 2nd half.

The Mavs lost because of 22 turnovers.  End of story.
Like Reply
In spite of all of our game losing types of mistakes many are discussing here, we had them all overcome if Howard gets called for his blatant cheat. Whether he intended to or not, he held Curry. In my evaluation, we overcame our mistakes with game winning plays....until we were royally screwed.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 11:42 PM)embellisher Wrote: Our poor FT shooting cost us the game, but that no-call on the Green three seemed to take the life out of everybody except Luka. The team looked pretty lifeless in OT.

Porzingis let us down big time in the fourth and OT. Maybe he doesn't have that x-factor that true alphas have. Or maybe he's just not in game shape yet. But he's supposed to be the man after Luka, 1A and 1B or whatever.

They finally got the memo from the league that we were playing 5 on 8 tonight.... It's games like these, where a call comes running out to save a hopeless effort.  And I completely agree...should have made our free throws, BUT, that doesn't work in my estimation when the refs made so many BLATANT bad calls that they are the reason that we pull that justification out. 

Here's just a few... in the second half.

Here's how Caruso gets dunks... or he needs to hold Maxi's hand for emotional support about his male pattern baldness.
[Image: zjiZGgV.png]
No call...
[Image: 9OxiQVD.png]

No call on this travel...
[Image: giphy.gif]

Here's a mild over the back, but it shows how things go...

"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/kendrickperkins/stat...12129?s=21

https://twitter.com/kendrickperkins/stat...77569?s=21
Like Reply
Wow. What a game. It's unfortunate we didn't get the win; but, damn. You gotta love the direction that this team is headed in. We really could have been 5-0. Watch out after 30 games.
Like Reply
Continuing, the improvements we need to make are relatively easy to improve on. I like that we already make a very good number of game winning plays. This team is very young and will make an above average number of mistakes but we are good enough that with a few small improvements we might be very good.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
Can we not post Kendrick Perkins' garbage ass takes in here ... (The one about Luka winning MVP works tho)  Big Grin
Like Reply
THJ played 10 more minutes than Brunson and Jackson combined. That's flat out unacceptable and shouldn't ever happen. Jackson only got 2 minutes and Brunson only 15. I know one loss isn't the end of the world, but our 2 young players with a lot of potential need more minutes than THJ. Honestly I'd rather them get all his minutes and make him the 12th man unless someone gets injured.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 12:26 AM)Luka_Magic Wrote: Can we not post Kendrick Perkins' garbage ass takes in here ... (The one about Luka winning MVP works tho)  Big Grin

+100
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
Seems nothing has changed in over 30 years...go.to a Mavs Lakers.game and more people are wearing Lakers Jerseys and chanting MVP at LeChina than are cheering for the Mavs...

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/.../giphy.gif

(11-02-2019, 12:26 AM)Luka_Magic Wrote: Can we not post Kendrick Perkins' garbage ass takes in here ... (The one about Luka winning MVP works tho)  Big Grin
He is really trying to beat Bayless as the biggest dumbass covering sports...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 12:51 AM)LukstapsPorzingic Wrote: It was painful watching AD abuse Powell down the stretch. Makes me want a guy like Favors even more.

(11-02-2019, 01:25 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Seems nothing has changed in over 30 years...go.to a Mavs Lakers.game and more people are wearing Lakers Jerseys and chanting MVP at LeChina than are cheering for the Mavs...

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/.../giphy.gif
I couldn’t disagree more. There was a decent number of Laker fans there not no where near a large number. Maybe your section was full of their fans but overall I was surprised at how many more Mavs fans there were. Any time Lakers fans tried to chant they were promptly drowned out by Mavs fans.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1190501722294239232

I sat 15 rows below the Maniaacs in section 111...nothing buta sea of LeBron and AD jerseys...late in the fourth they were out cheering our fans where I sat at...on the way out I yelled at several different people taking selfies in their LeBron shirts that he sold out to China...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 12:14 AM)TXBamanut Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 11:42 PM)embellisher Wrote: Our poor FT shooting cost us the game, but that no-call on the Green three seemed to take the life out of everybody except Luka. The team looked pretty lifeless in OT.

Porzingis let us down big time in the fourth and OT. Maybe he doesn't have that x-factor that true alphas have. Or maybe he's just not in game shape yet. But he's supposed to be the man after Luka, 1A and 1B or whatever.

They finally got the memo from the league that we were playing 5 on 8 tonight.... It's games like these, where a call comes running out to save a hopeless effort.  And I completely agree...should have made our free throws, BUT, that doesn't work in my estimation when the refs made so many BLATANT bad calls that they are the reason that we pull that justification out. 

Here's just a few... in the second half.

Here's how Caruso gets dunks... or he needs to hold Maxi's hand for emotional support about his male pattern baldness.
[Image: zjiZGgV.png]
No call...
[Image: 9OxiQVD.png]

No call on this travel...

Here's a mild over the back, but it shows how things go...

I shouldn't be surprised at all that the Lakers and LeBron got away with. Overall, I'm really happy with the team though. It took all of those missed calls, some not so good FT shooting by the Mavs, and LeBron having a near career high triple double for them to win it in OT. I would say that the first 5 games of the new era of the Mavs is a hit. KP is still getting his legs under him. Give him about 30 games to get the rust off and these guys will be unstoppable.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 02:30 AM)audiosway Wrote: KP is still getting his legs under him. Give him about 30 games to get the rust off and these guys will be unstoppable.

I was disappointed with how much Luka ran the play away from KP for most of the second half. I think DFS got more touches than KP. For those talking down about KP, he's got to get the ball in his hands to be able to do anything with it. Most any high end player needs touches to get in or out of a funk, I didn't see KP being allowed the ability to do that.
Like Reply