Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 03:17 PM)JamesConway Wrote: This is a great summary Imo

https://twitter.com/rkonkle_mavs/status/...57793?s=21
Crowder is the only regret we might have
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:24 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1330607829472960513

I hope Barea likes his new coaching job
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:24 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1330607829472960513

Hopefully Iwundu shows out so WCS can get a head start on his next art project.  :p
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:23 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Nevertheless he plays a position of need and we also cannot forget that just like Burke he already knows the system. Teams basically have no time to prepare. The season starts in one month.

This. Burke and WCS already being familiar with Dallas is HUGE, imo. Continuity is often overlooked in general, but is more important this season than every. 

The Mavs are not contenders, but they addressed several needs aggressively, and have gotten younger, longer, more athletic and much, much deeper. If even halve of these guys work out, they'll be one of the more long, athletic teams in the NBA. When have you ever been able to say that about our Mavericks?
Like Reply

Since when Barea is signed ???
Like Reply
If they take 16 guaranteed contracts to camp and Barea beats someone out to claim that 15th roster spot, I'm going to take a few days off from reading this board. I don't need that kind of darkness in my life, lololol.
Like Reply
So basically the Mavs are going to waive someone before the start of the season. I'd be shocked if they choose to waive Barea.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
if they cut Iwundu, in favor of Barea ... god damn
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: So basically the Mavs are going to waive someone before the start of the season. I'd be shocked if they choose to waive Barea.

[Image: source.gif]

Iwund or JJB
Like Reply

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 03:23 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Nevertheless he plays a position of need and we also cannot forget that just like Burke he already knows the system. Teams basically have no time to prepare. The season starts in one month.

This. Burke and WCS already being familiar with Dallas is HUGE, imo. Continuity is often overlooked in general, but is more important this season than every. 

The Mavs are not contenders, but they addressed several needs aggressively, and have gotten younger, longer, more athletic and much, much deeper. If even halve of these guys work out, they'll be one of the more long, athletic teams in the NBA. When have you ever been able to say that about our Mavericks?
Yep. Lack of summer league and long camp gives more value to guys already familiar with our system
Like Reply
Hopefully Townsend has no idea what he is talking about. Thats my only hope
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:34 PM)sefant Wrote: Hopefully Townsend has no idea what he is talking about. Thats my only hope

What are you worried about? I'm confused.
Like Reply
No way they waive JJB, doesn’t matter how terrible he looked since the injury.

Iwundu is as sure as gone lol.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 03:34 PM)sefant Wrote: Hopefully Townsend has no idea what he is talking about. Thats my only hope

What are you worried about? I'm confused.

That they keep Barea and cut Iwundu or any other guy?
Like Reply
The JJB signing could be little more than a gesture with a dash of injury insurance.
Like Reply
My guess is that it comes down to JJB, Boban, and Iwundu. Two older vets who won't play a ton even if they make the roster, and one young flyer who can try to land a spot in camp.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:36 PM)cow Wrote: The JJB signing could be little more than a gesture with a dash of injury insurance.

Ya that's what I think. Iwindu probably has to prove he can be in the rotation. If not he is cut. An injury could also determine who gets kept and who is cut. 

If Josh Green is really good in camp then Iwindu is probably out. Iwindu could be insurance if Green isn't ready to play. 

For JJB they are doing him a solid giving him some money and a chance to play.
Like Reply
If they waive JJB they still have to pay him his player salary, right? Well that´s a very convenient way to make him a high-paid assistant. Wink
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:36 PM)cow Wrote: The JJB signing could be little more than a gesture with a dash of injury insurance.

If they cut anyone but JJ, im grabbing my pitchfork. We cant handout roster spots based on sympathy and pity
Like Reply