Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-21-2020, 04:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm not prepared to say they won't make the playoffs in the east, with or without Bogdanovic.

The way I see it, Young had probably one of the best years as a pro. Nearly 30ppg and 10apg. I don't see how much more he could realistically improve. His atrocious defense is always his limiting factor. The Hawks did nothing to fix that problem. Gallo is a turnstyle. His offensive output is fantastic, but the last thing that team needs is more offense.

Further, the team isn't balanced. They traded for Capela and signed a PF, when they have Collins. They just signed Rondo when Young is their PG. You can't play them together. The way I see it, they NEED Bogdon to even have a shot at the playoffs. And that's before even getting into their bench/lack of bench. I think their offense is going to be absolutely potent, but when they go up against the real big guns of the East and West they're going to get shredded cause they can't get stops. Their team screams below .500
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:46 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Still quite a few starting / rotation centers on the board

- Ibaka
- Thompson
- Whiteside
- Baynes
- Gasol
- Len
- Noel
- WCS

Plus lots of 10-15 min spot guys with some beef
- Skal Labissiers
- Damian Jones
- Kyle O'Quinne

It's crazy. Another reason why you shouldn't pay centers. I think Lakers will get Thompson or Whiteside maybe. I don't think Gasol goes there.

I know Noel isn't a Mavs target but he played really well for OKC. I would imagine a lot of teams would like him as a cheap backup center.
Like Reply
Expected

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...4142579713
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:51 PM)omahen Wrote: Expected

OOF 

This one hurts big time. Right above the MLE too. Mavs couldn't match it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Millsap dream is over which makes sense. 10 mil on a 1 year to stay with Nuggets. It's too bad the Mavs didn't save their full MLE for Millsap or Crowder.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 04:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm not prepared to say they won't make the playoffs in the east, with or without Bogdanovic.

The way I see it, Young had probably one of the best years as a pro. Nearly 30ppg and 10apg. I don't see how much more he could realistically improve. His atrocious defense is always his limiting factor. The Hawks did nothing to fix that problem. Gallo is a turnstyle. His offensive output is fantastic, but the last thing that team needs is more offense.

Further, the team isn't balanced. They traded for Capela and signed a PF, when they have Collins. They just signed Rondo when Young is their PG. You can't play them together. The way I see it, they NEED Bogdon to even have a shot at the playoffs. And that's before even getting into their bench/lack of bench. I think their offense is going to be absolutely potent, but when they go up against the real big guns of the East and West they're going to get shredded cause they can't get stops. Their team screams below .500

Well look, that franchise can be a dumpster fire, so I'll not stick my neck out too far. But, we haven't even seen Young with Capella yet. That's going to make a difference, and so will Gallo as a spacer. Big difference. And, they're not done yet. 

Hell, even Rondo, who I think is a joke these days, could potentially use his power for positivity in that locker room. You can't deny that he knows what it takes to win. 

You might be right though. I wouldn't put money on them or anything.
Like Reply

Like Reply
I think the Mavs made the calculation that Burke + whoever their eventual signee is was a better package than Millsap or giving multiple years to Crowder. Can certainly be debated. We will see who the Mavs end up with.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:

OOF 

This one hurts big time. Right above the MLE too. Mavs couldn't match it.

Would have had to offer years which probably was a no-go for us.  Onto Baynes/Ibaka and if those fail, #FreeBoogie
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Well look, that franchise can be a dumpster fire, so I'll not stick my neck out too far. But, we haven't even seen Young with Capella yet. That's going to make a difference, and so will Gallo as a spacer. Big difference. And, they're not done yet. 

Hell, even Rondo, who I think is a joke these days, could potentially use his power for positivity in that locker room. You can't deny that he knows what it takes to win. 

You might be right though. I wouldn't put money on them or anything.

Fair. Remains to be seen.

I think with Bogdon Atlanta has a shot at an 8th seed and an early sweep. Which is interesting cause they're locked into that team too.

I don't see why they push all their chips in for making the playoffs though. Makes more sense to try and trade for another big star after gathering more assets being a bottom dweller.

(11-21-2020, 04:55 PM)cow Wrote: Would have had to offer years which probably was a no-go for us.  Onto Baynes/Ibaka and if those fail, #FreeBoogie

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Would focus on a stretch big with the remaining MLE like Ilysova. I assume they cant afford Ibaka. Mavs can't just abandon modern basketball floor spacing concepts on one of the many nights that KP is injured or taking the night off for load management.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:57 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Would focus on a stretch big with the remaining MLE like Ilysova.  Mavs can't just abandon modern floor spacing concepts on one of the many nights that KP is injured or taking the night off for load management.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:57 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Would focus on a stretch big with the remaining MLE like Ilysova.  Mavs can't just abandon modern floor spacing concepts on one of the many nights that KP is injured or taking the night off for load management.

I wouldn't hate that, either, but to be fair, Kleber CAN play center.
Like Reply
#TeamSaric
Like Reply
Boogie shoots threes and rebounds better than any other option out there.  He'll be dirt cheap.  We have a great medical staff.  *whistles*

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47r87cpdswmjmzb5uodz...=giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Without LeBron there to alpha dog him, Rondo is going back to phoning it in and collecting checks.
Like Reply
Atlanta deals might be bad but they've added a TON of talent if they get Bogie.

Capela (didnt play for them after the trade)
Gallinari
Bogdanovic
Onyeka Okongwu
Rondo
Dunn

Trae and Collins 
Hunter, Reddish, Huerter were all high picks that could/should improve
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 05:01 PM)cow Wrote: Boogie shoots threes and rebounds better than any other option out there.  He'll be dirt cheap.  We have a great medical staff.  *whistles*

Cousins is an emotional lesbian.

How he'd fit with Carlisle is something we should definitely take note, especially after the Rondo debacle.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 05:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 05:01 PM)cow Wrote: Boogie shoots threes and rebounds better than any other option out there.  He'll be dirt cheap.  We have a great medical staff.  *whistles*

Cousins is an emotional lesbian.

How he'd fit with Carlisle is something we should definitely take note, especially after the Rondo debacle.

It's a concern sure, but maybe he's learned through his recent journeymen status and injuries.  Plus you could just cut him if it doesn't work.  It sure beats the likes of WCS who will probably still be there for you if this doesn't work out.  Lot of solid moves this offseason, maybe swing for the fences on a low risk pitch. 

-Fills in while KP is out.
-Return to bench when KP is back and could really punch up the offense when Luka's off the floor.

XD

...it's  never going to happen.

Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...1476161541
Like Reply