Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-20-2020, 11:40 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: oh damn I would've taken Holiday for that deal

Damn straight. First dynamic whiff of the night for the Mavs.
Like Reply
Solid deal for IND. 

Holiday at 6 mil a year is a godsend considering some of the other deals tonight.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:40 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: oh damn I would've taken Holiday for that deal

He wanted to stay.  A Pacer beat writer said he was "safe" as soon as FA kicked off.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:41 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Damn straight. First dynamic whiff of the night for the Mavs.

How do you know Holiday wanted to come to Mavs for that money?
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:41 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Damn straight. First dynamic whiff of the night for the Mavs.

Why is some other team resigning their player at a solid contract a whiff for the Mavs?

Where does Holiday fit in now that they signed Burke? Burke at 3 mil is almost as good value of Holiday at 6 mil.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Maybe he wanted to play with his little bro
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:33 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I like nearly everything they did so far but I would be disappointed if they miss out on a guy like Crowder because they did not offer him a 2nd or 3rd year.

Considering the money they have left to offer, they would have to be absolutely certifiable not to want Crowder locked up at that rate for the next three years.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:42 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:

Where does Holiday fit in now that they signed Burke? Burke at 3 mil is almost as good value of Holiday at 6 mil.

He's 6'6".  I dont think Josh Green is ready to play.  He would've taken his spot on the current depth chart.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:40 PM)cow Wrote:  Can't just shrug this off.

Who's shrugging it off? I've been bitching about Wright since I got sick of watching him play backup PG...about 20 games into the season. 

Been using it all off-season as a way of making the point that bad moves are way worse than no moves. 

Right there with you.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:42 PM)omahen Wrote:

How do you know Holiday wanted to come to Mavs for that money?

(Shrug) would have offered him more.
Like Reply
And speaking of Delon, everyone should be over the moon about Burke. He's cheap, cheap, cheap and you know Carlisle and he get along despite his faults.
Like Reply
I like holiday ok...

Would rather just play Green, completely ready or not.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 11:40 PM)cow Wrote:  Can't just shrug this off.

Who's shrugging it off? I've been bitching about Wright since I got sick of watching him play backup PG...about 20 games into the season. 

Been using it all off-season as a way of making the point that bad moves are way worse than no moves. 

Right there with you.

Not pointing fingers at you, friend.  Smile
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:44 PM)cow Wrote: And speaking of Delon, everyone should be over the moon about Burke.  He's cheap, cheap, cheap and you know Carlisle and he get along despite his faults.

Amen. Great signing. More shot creation, more playmaking. 

Mavs' bench is going to be the jam again.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 11:44 PM)cow Wrote: And speaking of Delon, everyone should be over the moon about Burke. He's cheap, cheap, cheap and you know Carlisle and he get along despite his faults.

Amen. Great signing. More shot creation, more playmaking.

Mavs' bench is going to be the jam again.

...and our starting lineup will be better even if we make no further moves.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...5086389249
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...89249?s=19
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:50 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...5086389249

Indiana just feels like the right spot for him but at those numbers, I'm happy we aren't in the rumors.
Like Reply
4/$100 is exactly the number I was thinking

will be interesting to follow his career and see how his health holds up
Like Reply
That's an abundant quantity of money given that injury history and age. Thanks for staying out of this, MBT.
Like Reply