Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Not sure how it would play in Philly...

Wright, Jackson, and S&T of C. Lee is in the range of a Tobias Harris salary in return.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 09:22 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: Not sure how it would play in Philly...

Wright, Jackson, and S&T of C. Lee is in the range of a Tobias Harris salary in return.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
So how do we plan to celebrate when Dallas swings for the fences and lands both Bogi and Hayward tomorrow?
Like Reply
The targets are Bogi or Gallo. May the best man win. I like Bogi bc he is younger. THJ can play off the bench or get flipped at some point for something else. OPJ for THJ would be fun.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 09:22 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: Not sure how it would play in Philly...

Ha! Reminds me of the way the Mavs picked up Peja during the title season. Didn't they sign Keith Van Horn out of retirement and trade him? Hilarious! I think there are rules against doing that now.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 09:28 PM)Tyler Wrote: So how do we plan to celebrate when Dallas swings for the fences and lands both Bogi and Hayward tomorrow?

I'm gonna get trashed in Miami at Club LIV
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 09:31 PM)vfromlmf Wrote:

Ha! Reminds me of the way the Mavs picked up Peja during the title season. Didn't they sign Keith Van Horn out of retirement and trade him? Hilarious! I think there are rules against doing that now.

Indeed but Mavs have bird rights on Lee. In theory this type of deal would work but we can do better than Tobias Harris. Also Philly doesn't want to get worse in terms of talent. If they trade Harris they will want something usable in return.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 09:28 PM)Tyler Wrote: So how do we plan to celebrate when Dallas swings for the fences and lands both Bogi and Hayward tomorrow?

No. Just no.
Like Reply

The joy I'll feel once the two-year reign of terror that Brunson plagued the good city of Dallas with will be immeasurable.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 09:30 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: The targets are Bogi or Gallo. May the best man win. I like Bogi bc he is younger. THJ can play off the bench or get flipped at some point for something else. OPJ for THJ would be fun.

This has been on my mind that past half-hour or so... Wright and Brunson for Bogi, THJ and Jackson for OPJ, split the MLE between Terry, Burke, and some decent cheap big.

Luka-Burke-Terry
Bogi-Green
Richardson-DFS
OPJ-Maxi
KP-cheap big-Bobi-Powell

Fearless prediction - this board will be busier tomorrow at this hour than it is right now.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 09:38 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: This has been on my mind that past half-hour or so... Wright and Brunson for Bogi, THJ and Jackson for OPJ, split the MLE between Terry, Burke, and some decent cheap big.

Luka-Burke-Terry
Bogi-Green
Richardson-DFS
OPJ-Maxi
KP-cheap big-Bobi-Powell

[Image: 1sUSlu_0Weia8zK00?type=thumbnail_800x600]
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 09:25 PM)cow Wrote:

Because Tobias Harris could land a SUPER-MAX salary without aggregation... you know when one of those guys gets cold playing alone in winter
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 09:42 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: Because Tobias Harris could land a SUPER-MAX salary without aggregation... you know when one of those guys gets cold playing alone in winter
[Image: GL4JYK9uMkv9ogtr7]

Like Reply
Idk about anyone else but I have little interest in signing Burke to anything above the minimum. He had a nice dozen games or so but he has a lot more that suggests he's just a minimum guy.

I'd love to sign him for that tho.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 09:21 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 09:18 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/statu...7732131840

[Image: giphy-downsized.gif]

POTD
Like Reply
Burke is eligible for the same 120% of the minimum (or previous year's salary) that WCS can get.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 09:46 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Idk about anyone else but I have little interest in signing Burke to anything above the minimum. He had a nice dozen games or so but he has a lot more that suggests he's just a minimum guy.

I'd love to sign him for that tho.

For me, given what they've done so far, the answer to this is all about whether or not @"cow" gets his wish and Brunson gets moved. Carlisle is going to need a backup PG with whom he has a report. I don't think that's really Burke's game, but it would be better than a rookie...or Jeff Teague...or George Hill. Those are the options out there right now, I think. 

I was all about bringing Burke back, but then they landed Richardson and Terry.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 09:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't think that's really Burke's game, but it would be better than a rookie...

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47geblfcd7ckqsduj70g...=giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 09:59 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 09:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't think that's really Burke's game, but it would be better than a rookie...

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47geblfcd7ckqsduj70g...=giphy.gif]

And then he took it personally????  (We hope!!!)
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1329618187281952769
Like Reply