Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-18-2020, 07:47 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 07:33 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 07:30 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1329219843678203906

I bet the Kings didn´t like the proposed S&T anymore after they heard all these other crazy trades with multiple 1st round picks. Or they have a deal for Hield now and are prepared to match bigger offers.

That's not the report. The report is that Bog wasn't in on this Bucks/Kings negotiated deal.

I hope the Mavs can figure out some package that the kings could go for. I think if the Mavs got the Kings on board they could get Bog on board.
That makes sense. I guess it was a miscommunication.

Bogdan: I want to play with Giannis the next few years.
Kings: We did it, you are going to Milwaukee.
Bogdan: Oh no, no, no. You need to negotiate with Dallas. Cool
Like Reply
Updated roster

Doncic/Brunson/Terry

THJ/Green/Wright

Richardson/Bey/Jackson

DFS/Kleber/X

Porzingis/Powell/Boban

I have a feeling they´ll still have one trade in them, either packing Green or Terry with Wright or THJ for Bogdanovic or Hield.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:36 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I have a feeling they´ll still have one trade in them, either packing Green or Terry with Wright or THJ for Bogdanovic or Hield.

And don't forget the MLE, likely a PF. 14 players under contract already, so I expect Jackson will be cut if not packaged in a trade. I would try to move a combination of THJ, Wright, Jackson for an overpaid wing or shooter.
Like Reply
^ good points guys

We still have THJ expiring and three young prospects to trade now.  (also DFS and Maxi hopefully not)

And then the MLE.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:57 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: We still have THJ expiring and three young prospects to trade now. 

Nah, keep the prospects. I would rather trade 2027 FRP
Like Reply
FWIW, Followill is speculating (hinting hard, IMO) on the radio that Mavs fans should keep an eye on Gallinari and/or Bogdanovic in the next few days.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 12:02 AM)Tyler Wrote: FWIW, Followill is speculating (hinting hard, IMO) on the radio that Mavs fans should keep an eye on Gallinari and/or Bogdanovic in the next few days.

Yeah

I'd almost be surprised if there isn't another trade.  They still need a secondary creator like Bogdan
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 12:02 AM)Tyler Wrote: FWIW, Followill is speculating (hinting hard, IMO) on the radio that Mavs fans should keep an eye on Gallinari and/or Bogdanovic in the next few days.
https://media.giphy.com/media/Xze1WqgRlT.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
After the moves and lack of moves and based on what he went for in the Milwaukee trade...

I have a strong feeling we are going to make a play on Bogdan. 

Wright, Jackson and Brunson is a comparable trade (with salary and talent back). Basically Brunson=Donte. 

Bogdan is a great PNR guy and good shooter He is EXACTLY what we need. I always assumed Buddy was the guy gone but it's clear Bogdan is out after getting traded once. 

The question is what do we do with THJ if we make that move on Bogdan. Do they prefer THJ instead of taking on Wright's deal?
Like Reply
I think Bogdanovic is more likely. Proven winner everywhere, except Sacramento. 

Plus #18 + THJ for Bogdanovic + Woodward (and/or Ramsey) is certainly better than the crap the Bucks offered the Kings. Either way the Kings will get more out of this than before.

And what could be a better signal to Giannis than we closed the deal on Bogdan, when your team couldn´t. Cool
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 12:14 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: After the moves and lack of moves and based on what he went for in the Milwaukee trade...

Wright, Jackson and Brunson is a comparable trade (with salary and talent back). Basically Brunson=Donte. 

Bogdan is a great PNR guy and good shooter He is EXACTLY what we need. I always assumed Buddy was the guy gone but it's clear Bogdan is out after getting traded once. 

The question is what do we do with THJ if we make that move on Bogdan. Do they prefer THJ instead of taking on Wright's deal?

I have to imagine almost anyone can come up with a more compelling package than one highlighted by Brunson and dragged down by Wright.  I guess you can throw every future 2nd round pick we have at them.

With Curry gone and KP hurt to start the season, we are in desperate need of offensive punch.
Like Reply
What happens to our cap room if THJ opts out? Maybe he sees the writing on the wall...
Like Reply
How about Terry, Wright, Jackson in a Bogey SnT? Who of whom we drafted is likely to stay vs go?
Like Reply
Luka, Bogdan, Richardson, DFS, KP
THJ sixth man, Terry/FA guard, Green, Bey, Kleber, WCS,Powell?
Bobi as cheerleader

Also have MLE but you run into all sort of cap rules with SNT so not guaranteed to have full MLE.
Like Reply
Wing rotation looks a lot better after the draft. Meaning that the Mavs can spend the MLE on a big forward or center.

Millsap
Favors
Jones JR
Crowder
Harkless
Saric
Ibaka

Would be a nearly perfect offseason if the Mavs can add one of them.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 12:15 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: And what could be a better signal to Giannis than we closed the deal on Bogdan, when your team couldn´t. Cool
Nailed it...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 12:18 AM)cow Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 12:14 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: After the moves and lack of moves and based on what he went for in the Milwaukee trade...

I have to imagine almost anyone can come up with a more compelling package than one highlighted by Brunson and dragged down by Wright.  I guess you can throw every future 2nd round pick we have at them.

With Curry gone and KP hurt to start the season, we are in desperate need of offensive punch.

The hate is hard on Wright around here.. Way too much. That's the same range of money for Illyasova except you get one extra year of it. I don't think 1 year that prohibits you from making a deal. It's literally almost the same deal with our guys + extra year of right for a team that probably don't have cap space then anyways with the fat fox extension coming. 

Not to mention Wright is actually a good player who played well here. He just doesn't fit with Luka or in the system all that well. He's more of a Rondo type guard unless of a JJB who is a PNR stud.

(11-19-2020, 12:21 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Wing rotation looks a lot better after the draft. Meaning that the Mavs can spend the MLE on a big forward or center.

Millsap
Favors
Jones JR
Crowder
Harkless
Saric
Ibaka

If Ibaka was able to be had on the MLE and we get him... Oh man. 
He's your starting 5 until KP is healthy. FANTASTIC backup arguably best big man backup when he's not. Heck he may even be a starter at the 4 when KP is healthy.
Like Reply
On the Ticket coverage they were also comparing the Mil Divicenzo package but people seem to be overlooking Sacramento just got Tyrese Haliburton who they definitely did not expect to be there at 12.

That has to change what they want back for Bogdan
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 12:23 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: The hate is hard on Wright around here.. Way too much. That's the same range of money for Illyasova except you get one extra year of it. I don't think 1 year that prohibits you from making a deal. It's literally almost the same deal with our guys + extra year of right for a team that probably don't have cap space then anyways with the fat fox extension coming. 

Not to mention Wright is actually a good player who played well here. He just doesn't fit with Luka or in the system all that well. He's more of a Rondo type guard unless of a JJB who is a PNR stud.

It's not hate. I have nothing against Wright. If I'm a rival GM and I want him, I know he doesn't fit with the Mavs and they strongly want to move him. MBT would take air for him so why should I pay. He's also on the expensive side. Thus negative value.

(11-19-2020, 12:23 AM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 12:18 AM)cow Wrote:

The hate is hard on Wright around here.. Way too much. That's the same range of money for Illyasova except you get one extra year of it. I don't think 1 year that prohibits you from making a deal. It's literally almost the same deal with our guys + extra year of right for a team that probably don't have cap space then anyways with the fat fox extension coming. 

(11-19-2020, 12:21 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Wing rotation looks a lot better after the draft. Meaning that the Mavs can spend the MLE on a big forward or center.

Millsap
Favors
Jones JR
Crowder
Harkless
Saric
Ibaka

If Ibaka was able to be had on the MLE and we get him... Oh man. 
He's your starting 5 until KP is healthy. FANTASTIC backup arguably best big man backup when he's not. Heck he may even be a starter at the 4 when KP is healthy.

Ibaka looks a little washed and I think he'll end up on the Nets anyway.
Like Reply
Have to step away for a bit - will check back in 45 minutes or so to see if the Mavs grabbed any undrafteds.
Like Reply