Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 06:12 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: The guy is 34 years old. What would be the point?

For some reason, Mavs love bench sits 10-15 filled with 30+ year old vets. Barea, Lee, Bobi. Vets who can jump in if needed every fifth game and produce. Personally, I would also prefer rookies on those spots and have a bit more productive vets in the top 10 roster spots.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:10 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: If Mavs get Hayward or Dipo I think I will be pretty happy.

What about Hield? In or out on him?
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:12 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 06:08 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Garrett Temple is a minimum guy. I won't ever hate signing someone to the minimum. 

Fast forward to me 3 days from now yelling about signing someone to the minimum lol
The guy is 34 years old. What would be the point? Give that roster spot to a (young/er) player with defensive upside like a Shaq Harrison and see whether you can mold him into a longer-term asset next to Luka like a DFS.

I mean I don't want to sign him personally. I'm just not going to be upset about signing a minimum guy.
But I suspect if we were to sign him and Shaq went for the minimum I'd be pissed ha.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:12 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Shaq Harrison

[Image: CautiousDelectableHalibut-size_restricted.gif]
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 06:10 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: If Mavs get Hayward or Dipo I think I will be pretty happy.

Powell/Wright/#18/#31 for Hield?
Like Reply
https://nbagifstory.off-hand.org/post/18...-grizzlies
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:21 PM)sefant Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 06:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:

Powell/Wright/#18/#31 for Hield?

Any deal where I offload Powell and Wright I'm in on. 
Just imagine if you didn't sign them to deals last offseason... You'd be one of the few teams with cap space and could actually take on salary and get an asset.

of course we could last year too but we didn't.. Sigh.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1328836350720823301

Rolleyes
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:24 PM)sefant Wrote: https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1328836350720823301

Rolleyes
Great. That almost means it´s official.

Dreamt of Giannis and making smart 2020 draft choices and get Gordon Hayward instead. Luka must be impressed.

That´s why you never laugh at others, like the Rockets. Sad
Like Reply
"Mavs talk about making a significant move"

This scares me very much, does Coop has any sources?

If they think its a significant move they are trading assets for Hayward? god damn
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:36 PM)sefant Wrote: "Mavs talk about making a significant move"

This scares me very much, does Coop has any sources?

If they think its a significant move they are trading assets for Hayward? god damn

There are two options: extend and trade based around THJ or sign and trade based around a specific player who falls to them at #18. Either way, I think that one asset is the point.
Like Reply
Coop clearly said he is connecting dots, so don't panic.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:39 PM)omahen Wrote: Coop clearly said he is connecting dots, so don't panic.

For the record, if the Mavs get Hayward I will DANCE AROUND MY MAVS FOAM FINGER FOR AN HOUR THEN HIGH FIVE MY DIRK FATHEAD FOR ANOTHER 90 MINUTES STRAIGHT. 

You jokers who are starting to "panic" must hate the Mavs...and freedom...and ice cream...and puppies.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 06:39 PM)omahen Wrote: Coop clearly said he is connecting dots, so don't panic.

For the record, if the Mavs get Hayward I will DANCE AROUND MY MAVS FOAM FINGER FOR AN HOUR THEN HIGH FIVE MY DIRK FATHEAD FOR ANOTHER 90 MINUTES STRAIGHT.

You jokers who are starting to "panic" must hate the Mavs...and freedom...and ice cream...and puppies.

Can we please have Rubio back???
Like Reply
Coop gets it.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:42 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Can we please have Rubio back???

This the same thing, only better, my guy!

More expensive...but better, and an even better fit!
Like Reply
I'd be down for Hayward, his injuries outside of the 1 freak accident aren't threatening. He is way too skilled to decline rapidly; I see him producing like Bojan in Utah right now, who's at a similar age.  

BOS was just too big of a spotlight for him, he needs to go to a team where he can fly under the radar like DAL. That being said, I agree it depends on the extension but honestly we are so talent deprived with few avenues to drastically improve, it's moves like this we need to make or else we are stuck with more Delon Wrong type signings. 

Maybe a 3-team trade like this can get it done:

BOS: Kennard, Seth, #18
DAL: Hayward, #26
DET: Wright, Powell, Langford, #14, #30
Like Reply
Mavs are going to get Green and Hayward somehow. So much spacing!
Like Reply