Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
At this point, I don't even care if he's the best option out there. I want the Mavs to get Rubio for the sole reason of you guys all figuring out how well he and Luka could play together. 

How the same group of people could be sold on Luka/Dragic and not Luka/Rubio, I'll never understand.
Like Reply
because Dragic can get Buckets.  time to retire the Rubio bit.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 09:59 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: because Dragic can get Buckets.  time to retire the Rubio bit.

Go check Rubio's catch and shoot numbers. Now, consider the other end of the floor. 

I'll drop it, because I don't think it's going to happen, but OMG am I so NOT wrong about this.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 09:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: At this point, I don't even care if he's the best option out there. I want the Mavs to get Rubio for the sole reason of you guys all figuring out how well he and Luka could play together. 

How the same group of people could be sold on Luka/Dragic and not Luka/Rubio, I'll never understand.

Did not and do not want Dragic.  He's on the list! ..and at least he can shoot.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/statu...1447157760
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 09:54 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I think I'm to the point where I'd put Oubre on my "no" list. Wouldn't want him taking minutes from DFS or even THJ.

Why
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...6906259456
Like Reply
Galinari is a no for me. I am having visions of him being matched up in a Lakers series having to guard Lebron at the 4 spot.

I would prefer a much more physical offensive player like Montrez or Blake Griffin.

Not sure we need another perimeter big

I would support the move if he was done in addition to another move

Guys that remain on my list are:

Buddie Hield
Blake Griffin
Serge Ibaka
Kris Dunn
Avery Bradley
Demarcus Cousins

There are a few others but I also use both picks
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...8487299072

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/status/13...4568522752
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 10:17 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 09:54 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I think I'm to the point where I'd put Oubre on my "no" list. Wouldn't want him taking minutes from DFS or even THJ.

Why

Minus .54 ORPM and minus 2.50 DRPM. Translation: "Oubre is bad at basketball."
Like Reply
Mavs could simply draft a guy at 18 (probability a forward?) and then do the Wright/Jax/31 deal for Green. I am assuming the deal is better now than it was at the TDL bc I imagine is was Lee being swapped back then. Now you would be dumping Wright and Jax. I think I would rather have Oubre than Green but Oubre would likely cost you that 18 pick.

So draft a guy at 18 you like, clear your 2021 books and bring in Green. Mavs would still have the MLE to throw at a player or two.
Like Reply
Y'all who are hating on Rubio (after KL's persuasive argument for him working well with Luka) - if we get him, I get to be happy twice over - first, that we got him, and second, Schadenfreude at your fatuous dismay.
Like Reply
I'd do bad things to get LeVert on this team.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 10:31 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Mavs could simply draft a guy at 18 (probability a forward?) and then do the Wright/Jax/31 deal for Green. I am assuming the deal is better now than it was at the TDL bc I imagine is was Lee being swapped back then. Now you would be dumping Wright and Jax. I think I would rather have Oubre than Green but Oubre would likely cost you that 18 pick.

So draft a guy at 18 you like, clear your 2021 books and bring in Green. Mavs would still have the MLE to throw at a player or two.

You know, I'm starting to understand why I'm so much higher on last year's off season than some of you are. 

@"StepBackJay"'s plan, above, is really likely. Maybe the MOST likely, and it ABSOLUTELY makes the team better. The only reason we wouldn't be excited about it is because we've all gotten each other excited for two months straight about all the scenarios we HOPE play out, but won't. 

I'm pretty sure I tuned out of most of the off-season last year, so I just saw that they didn't get Kemba Walker (damn) then checked back in to see who they did get. "Aw, sweet. Curry and that Boban dude?...This Delon Wright guy is intriguing, too."
Like Reply
I'll take Dragic or Rubio and Nesmith
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 10:38 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I'll take Dragic or Rubio and Nesmith

Thank you, pal. You're one of the good people.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:57 AM)cow Wrote: Just don't set your sights too high.  We can't do much worse than last offseason.

(11-16-2020, 10:31 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Mavs could simply draft a guy at 18 (probability a forward?) and then do the Wright/Jax/31 deal for Green. I am assuming the deal is better now than it was at the TDL bc I imagine is was Lee being swapped back then. Now you would be dumping Wright and Jax. I think I would rather have Oubre than Green but Oubre would likely cost you that 18 pick.

Yeah I feel like it makes a lot of sense to only keep one of those 2 picks and trade the other for a rotation player. Even one rookie will struggle to get development time in the next year or 2. 
Just trade out for a future pick if needed. That's always been an option we seem to overlook for some reason.
Like Reply
Not wanting someone on the team doesn't mean you hate them. Crazy, I know.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 10:39 PM)cow Wrote: Not wanting someone on the team doesn't mean you hate them.  Crazy, I know.

I'm not MAD, if that's what you think. You are free to like/hate want/not want any players at any time. This your hobby, and I'm glad you come here and add to the discussion. I know you don't "hate" him. 

I'm just really confident that the two players WOULD fit, and I'm sticking up for that idea. That's all. It's not a big deal.
Like Reply
That Curry deal last offseason was sweet.

But when Cuban said (paraphrasing):  "Once Kemba was going to Boston, literally our second call was to Delon Wright."  That really pissed me off.   I dont trust the Mavs in free agency until they do something to change my mind.  That's why I dont care about plan powder for 2021.  They'll sit around a week waiting for Giannis to decide while the rest of the free agents get snapped up.  Probably do some stupid cartoon presentation.

Donnie is much better at trades.
Like Reply