Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I actually think this is bad news for the K.O.Jr.
OKC is clearly in 21 cap space mode and only a trade for Rubio makes a difference in that pursuit at this point...

Rubio for Wright can get that done for them if J.Jackson is the accompanying salary. Another shot at this would be a 1yr dust chip using Lee for K.O. Jr. the problem is that OKC is in the habit of accumulating capital in these types of trades.

I go back to pick swaps with OKC agreeing to a deal prior to the draft with Lee, I would like to get Gallinari in that deal as well - but now it would hurt rather than help OKC clear cap space.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:07 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: The thing ab #18 is I wouldn't overrate the value of the player you get there. This is supposed to be a weak draft so 18 might get you a project that can't play or a meh borderline player. I still expect 18 to be traded for some kind of player upgrade while also dumping Wright's deal and probably Jackson's as well.

Now you've outed yourself. You just hate the 18th pick in this draft. You just see it as some hot potato to dump. It is to you what Powell is to Dougie.

With that in mind, I'm placing every single trade suggestion you make that includes the 18th pick on a mental ignore.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:32 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: I actually think this is bad news for the K.O.Jr.
OKC is clearly in 21 cap space mode and only a trade for Rubio makes a difference in that pursuit at this point...

BINGO.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:32 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: OKC is clearly in 21 cap space mode and only a trade for Rubio makes a difference in that pursuit at this point...

Which makes a logical conclusion Smile

Chicago: Rubio, #18, #31
OKC: THJ
Dallas: LaVine

Everyone wins
Like Reply
Suns: CP3
Lakers: Schroeder
Mavs: Oubre, 28(LAL)
Thunder: Rubio, Green, Wright, Jackson, Cash, 18
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:36 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 01:32 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: OKC is clearly in 21 cap space mode and only a trade for Rubio makes a difference in that pursuit at this point...

Which makes a logical conclusion Smile

Chicago: Rubio, #18, #31
OKC: THJ
Dallas: LaVine

Everyone wins

I would do this, and I think it's much more likely than Wright/DFS/#18 for Oubre.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:37 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Suns: CP3
Thunder: Rubio, Green, Cash, 18

Not legal, Mavs have to send something out
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:30 PM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: Rubio? More point guards.....yay......

I mean, you can make a case that they only have one on the roster, tbh - Brunson. 

Again, we KNOW the Mavs want a BALL-HANDLER. We KNOW this.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:38 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 01:37 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Suns: CP3

Wright and Jackson. OKC moves up 10 spots for Oubre
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:38 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 01:37 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Suns: CP3

Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 01:31 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't know why people are down on Oubre, he is a better version of DFS in my opinion. I think Mavs could run out DFS and Oubre as their wings. It'd be nice to upgrade THJ too but even if you can't I think a Luka, THJ, DFS, Oubre, KP lineup is a good lineup.

For the 1,000th time, DFS was IN the original rumor. 

You want to trade DFS for Oubre?

In a rumor from Knicks school. I wouldn't trade DFS for Oubre, I don't think there's been enough to corroborate that idea.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:31 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't know why people are down on Oubre, he is a better version of DFS in my opinion. I think Mavs could run out DFS and Oubre as their wings. It'd be nice to upgrade THJ too but even if you can't I think a Luka, THJ, DFS, Oubre, KP lineup is a good lineup.

Hmmm.

In 2019/2020, amongst 99 SFs

RPM

11. DFS +1.3
83. Oubre  -3.05
88. MKG -3.48
90. Jackson -3.53

In 2018/2019, amongst 89 SFs

22. Jackson 0.47
38. DFS -0.67
49. MKG -1.17
70. Oubre -2.24

Oubre is literally the worst SF in RPM/per contract dollar for the last two years. He is worse than BATUM.

You want to trade for a SF.

How about Isaac Bonga, who ranked 3rd in DRPM amongst PGs in 2018/2019 and 2nd in DRPM amongst SFs in 2019/2020. 21 years old. Wizards got him for literally nothing from the Lakers.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:48 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: In a rumor from Knicks school. I wouldn't trade DFS for Oubre, I don't think there's been enough to corroborate that idea.

Ok, good to know that you wouldn't do that. I was getting worried about you. 

And yes, Knicks school was where that came from, but that's ALSO where ANY idea of Dallas being involved came from, and what prompted everyone else to ask around and corroborate ANY of this.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:48 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 01:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:

For the 1,000th time, DFS was IN the original rumor. 

You want to trade DFS for Oubre?

In a rumor from Knicks school. I wouldn't trade DFS for Oubre, I don't think there's been enough to corroborate that idea.
Yeah that never made sense. We aren’t trading the guys we found and developed. Period. No realistic player out there deserving of us parting with DFS or Maxi
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:33 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 01:07 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: The thing ab #18 is I wouldn't overrate the value of the player you get there. This is supposed to be a weak draft so 18 might get you a project that can't play or a meh borderline player. I still expect 18 to be traded for some kind of player upgrade while also dumping Wright's deal and probably Jackson's as well.

Now you've outed yourself. You just hate the 18th pick in this draft. You just see it as some hot potato to dump. It is to you what Powell is to Dougie.

With that in mind, I'm placing every single trade suggestion you make that includes the 18th pick on a mental ignore.

I am okay with 18 but I don't know draft prospects. I think people who are really into draft prospecting (gazes into Kamm's direction...) tend to overrate these guys. I am not running the Mavs FO but I know sometimes for 18 you get something really good and sometimes you get a Delon Wright, Justin Jackson type.

(11-16-2020, 01:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 01:48 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: In a rumor from Knicks school. I wouldn't trade DFS for Oubre, I don't think there's been enough to corroborate that idea.

Ok, good to know that you wouldn't do that. I was getting worried about you. 

And yes, Knicks school was where that came from, but that's ALSO where ANY idea of Dallas being involved came from, and what prompted everyone else to ask around and corroborate ANY of this.

Man I don't agree with this. Mavs are linked to tons of guys right now. It doesn't mean anything. We know generally what types of guys they are interested in but its honestly hard to narrow it down bc they have been linked to like a dozen or more guys.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:50 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Man I don't agree with this. Mavs are linked to tons of guys right now. It doesn't mean anything. We know generally what types of guys they are interested in but its honestly hard to narrow it down bc they have been linked to like a dozen or more guys.

It's ok to disagree, but you don't seem to get my point. 

I'm talking specifically about the rumored interest in this one situation, the Paul deal. The place everyone got it, even the other media types who corroborated it, was the Knicks guy, who listed NAMES. 

I'm just saying that while it's ok to dismiss a rumor, it seems weird to run with it, but in a completely different form that better fits your narrow vision of what's possible. 

They might not be involved in the deal AT ALL, and that's probably the most likely outcome (I feel like we'd already be seeing signs if it was a multi-team deal).
Like Reply
Forgive me, I can't read everything...I'm supposed to meet a work deadline tomorrow, so...

Did Rubio to PHX kill Killer's dream?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sarah_k_spence/statu...8705213443

(11-16-2020, 01:57 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Did Rubio to PHX kill Killer's dream?

Theoretically one of two things could happen:

1) The trade could be expanded before it is official.

2) OKC and DAL could later do a deal for Rubio that is separate.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:57 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Forgive me, I can't read everything...I'm supposed to meet a work deadline tomorrow, so...

Did Rubio to PHX kill Killer's dream?

No, helped it. And some other dreams for others, too. 

But, they're reporting it like it's final, and no mention of a 3rd team yet...so not looking great.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/sarah_k_spence/statu...8705213443

(11-16-2020, 01:57 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Did Rubio to PHX kill Killer's dream?

Theoretically one of two things could happen:

1) The trade could be expanded before it is official.

2) OKC and DAL could later do a deal for Rubio that is separate.
Makes sense for suns to use their cap space first then have it set to finalize in a few weeks. Keep their own guys plus have the full MLE
Like Reply