Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-16-2020, 01:13 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Aren't you getting some high powered degree that makes you smart, or something? Don't you know you don't trade the franchise. You build around him.

Yes my degree is in "Franchise Trading". All my studies have led to me truly being enlightened. We MUST trade Powell. Or else the fate of the Mavs is doomed.

We must acquire Tobias Harris, Westbrook, and Nic Batum (with a max contract extension of course).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:16 PM)Hypermav Wrote: No, I declare it dead.

Powell hasn't declared it dead.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:07 PM)loki Wrote: The only way Dwight is gone is if someone sneaks him onto the next SpaceX launch.

Forget the pursuit of Mars, this would be Elon's greatest achievement.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:15 PM)loki Wrote: Ok, now go get #10 from Phoenix for #18 and one of our bench mob. Assuming they didn't give it up for CP3.

Why do ppl think Phx wants to trade out of 10? I think the drop-off from 10 to 18 is pretty huge unless they are in love with one of our role players.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1328400422445461505
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:15 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: To me Oubre for Wright/Jax/31 is a pretty easy call to make. If it's 18 that seems a little rich without something else being involved headed to the Mavs.

Incoming KL post saying "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED. BE PREPARED"
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Guys, Rubio is a difference maker. Oubre isn't. If you want Oubre just to get off of Wright, I'm with that, but if you have a chance to get a guy who's actually a good player, you go for it.
Like Reply
Suns fans were thinking Gallinari will go with CP3.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:07 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: The thing ab #18 is I wouldn't overrate the value of the player you get there. This is supposed to be a weak draft so 18 might get you a project that can't play or a meh borderline player. I still expect 18 to be traded for some kind of player upgrade while also dumping Wright's deal and probably Jackson's as well.
Just like cjeter I have no problem trading #18 for a long-term commitment player, whether that´s Hield or somebody else. I´ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I just have zero interest to trade #18 for a veteran rental like Green or Williams just so we can win 42 games instead of 39.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Guys, Rubio is a difference maker. Oubre isn't. If you want Oubre just to get off of Wright, I'm with that, but if you have a chance to get a guy who's actually a good player, you go for it.

I don't know, I think Oubre is a big difference maker compared to Wright. Like 2-3 inches at least.
Like Reply
see page 214 for my stand up routine 

I fear it's getting burried by all this basketball news
Like Reply
THAT'S RIGHT - BE PREPARED

[Image: 2oSy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:16 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Just like we expected. I think we’re on the phone now with Indy over Dipo. Fall back to joining in on this megatrade

Indy would have to take back several players to make salaries work if THJ isn't involved. Not sure at that point if it's worth it for them? Like Wright/Jax/Boban don't have a lot of value so you are more or less stuck with those guys unless you want to buyout Jax and Boban.
Like Reply
F'n amazing what OKC ended up getting for Westbrick 
I thought that contract was borderline untradable
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:18 PM)fifteenth Wrote: see page 214 for my stand up routine 

I caught it, and recommend it. Would read again. 

BUT RUBIO THOUGH!!!
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:18 PM)fifteenth Wrote: see page 214 for my stand up routine 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1328381521946927105
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:16 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 01:15 PM)loki Wrote: Ok, now go get #10 from Phoenix for #18 and one of our bench mob. Assuming they didn't give it up for CP3.

Why do ppl think Phx wants to trade out of 10? I think the drop-off from 10 to 18 is pretty huge unless they are in love with one of our role players.
They might not want to, but they are in win-now mode with CP3. A third big like Maxi and 18 could be preferred to drafting a redundant point guard or someone like Vassell/Bey when they already have Mikal Bridges.
Like Reply
Also notable -- the big 5-team Supes trade rumor involving Jrue to Phoenix didn't even last 24 hours.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/132...5879574531
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply