Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
The thing ab #18 is I wouldn't overrate the value of the player you get there. This is supposed to be a weak draft so 18 might get you a project that can't play or a meh borderline player. I still expect 18 to be traded for some kind of player upgrade while also dumping Wright's deal and probably Jackson's as well.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 12:52 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I have zero faith this doesn´t end in another disaster. JJB and Courtney Lee extensions, AND trading #18+31 for two has-beens in their mid 30s.

Suggestion -- start a separate doomer thread. That way people who want the smelling salts know where to look, and people who are excited about this week don't have to wade through piles of negativity to keep up with the news.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:06 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 12:54 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I would happily exhaust all our trade assets for a player like Jrue.

I think the KP trade was an aberration.  Seems like it has raised everyone's expectations.  We dont have a lot of trade assets.  People keep saying I'm only trading #18 in a trade for a star.  I see Lavine trades with a big bag of nothing going back to Chicago.  I guess it's possible we take advantage of another terrible front office.
OKC just traded Schroeder for #28, so why in the world should we trade #18 for older and arguably inferior players like Green and Williams. That has nothing to do with being spoiled.

Also given that Porzingis immediately re-injured a knee, Knicks fans would probably argue they still have a chance to make this a lose-lose-trade. Confused

I will be frustrated if Mavs don't get something good when Schroder sold for so little. Mavs would have likely had to give up 18 since they were dumping Wright's money but you could argue it was a fair deal. Remember DG will probably also yield some 2nds for OKC vs Wright and Jackson would not give them any additional picks post-trade.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:07 PM)loki Wrote: The only way Dwight is gone is if someone sneaks him onto the next SpaceX launch.

DP doesn't need SpaceX to launch. In fact, Elon Musk asked Dwight if he'd launch SpaceX into orbit for them, but Dwight said he was busy working on the Mavs trade and draft, various humanitarian efforts, negotiating the continuation of Democracy with Trump, and going to Dougie's birthday party.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...3564494856
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/13284...30694?s=20
Like Reply
Honestly the fact we haven't traded Powell for Tobias Harris and Russell Westbrook is a travesty.

This front office is so stupid. Trade ALL the picks for those 2 and we're set.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:08 PM)Tyler Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 12:52 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I have zero faith this doesn´t end in another disaster. JJB and Courtney Lee extensions, AND trading #18+31 for two has-beens in their mid 30s.

Suggestion -- start a separate doomer thread. That way people who want the smelling salts know where to look, and people who are excited about this week don't have to wade through piles of negativity to keep up with the news.

Hey, M2012 might be a grouch sometimes, but he's our grouch. <3
Like Reply
NO RRRRUUUUBBBBIIIOOOOOOOOOOO
Like Reply
THE RUBIO DREAM LIVES!!!!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:11 PM)Hypermav Wrote: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/13284...30694?s=20
WOJ BOMB
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I wonder if Mavs will try to get Oubre?
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:12 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Honestly the fact we haven't traded Powell for Tobias Harris and Russell Westbrook is a travesty.

This front office is so stupid. Trade ALL the picks for those 2 and we're set.

Aren't you getting some high powered degree that makes you smart, or something? Don't you know you don't trade the franchise. You build around him.
Like Reply
You guys see Rubio. I see Kelly Oubre Jr.
Like Reply
Watch OKC beat the Suns in the play in tournament.
Like Reply
Ok, now go get #10 from Phoenix for #18 and one of our bench mob. Assuming they didn't give it up for CP3.
Like Reply
To me Oubre for Wright/Jax/31 is a pretty easy call to make. If it's 18 that seems a little rich without something else being involved headed to the Mavs.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: THE RUBIO DREAM LIVES!!!!

No, I declare it dead.
Like Reply
Just like we expected. I think we’re on the phone now with Indy over Dipo. Fall back to joining in on this megatrade
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 01:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: THE RUBIO DREAM LIVES!!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/4DKJDEsK22SR2/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply