Poll: Who will win the game (DEN 5.0 pt fav)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nuggets
60.53%
23 60.53%
Mavericks
39.47%
15 39.47%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GAME 4: DAL (3-1) @ DEN (3-1) | 109-106 win
That was a rough half overall with both Luka and KP somehow aimless and invisible on offense.  But the bench is really picking it up, and we're only down 1.  If we can get our two superstars going, we've got this.
Like Reply
Denver killing it on layups.  Dallas works so hard for a basket and then gives up the easy score.  I am happy they are close but they make it hard on themselves.

Wright and Brunson played really well.
Like Reply
Feels like we were totally outplayed.
I'll take a 1 point deficit
Like Reply
That’s what I’m talking about. If Luka attacks the basket, no one can stop him. He’s just like Lebron with that size. Either a layup or foul so needs to keep attacking.
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 09:04 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Still trying to figure out the best lineups. Today is all about integrating Powell.

Today should be all about winning this game.

We have 77 more games after today. Of course they are trying to win but do you want to keep Powell on the bench for the rest of the season because he is rusty?
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 09:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:01 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 08:59 PM)Luka_Magic Wrote: I love Rick but sweet Jesus his rotations are all over the place tonight

His play calling is just as erratic. 

It's funny, all the role players are currently carrying the Mavs while Luka and KP are struggling when the first 3 games it was the other way around. 

KP finally hits a shot! But it was off an offensive board.

Still trying to figure out the best lineups. Today is all about integrating Powell.

Best lineup against Denver might be to NOT integrate Powell.
Like Reply
Mavs are only down 1 despite playing overall quite bad. Defense always seemed off until Maxi and Wright came in with Kristaps.

Why Carlisle didn't start them baffles me but whatever. Mavs are shooting well, but need Luka and KP to wake up. KP has gotten only 1 play called for him in the first and since then its been nothing but him forcing shots trying to get himself in the game. 

Luka needs to drive the ball more to space the court.  Carlisle rotations are whacky. I am so afraid the Mavs are going to go down 15 in the 3rd because they have been the worst 2nd half team in the league. This game might be a blowout by the end of the 3rd. I really hope I'm wrong.

(10-29-2019, 09:06 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Still trying to figure out the best lineups. Today is all about integrating Powell.

We have 77 more games after today. Of course they are trying to win but do you want to keep Powell on the bench for the rest of the season because he is rusty?

Do you think a road game vs the Denver Nuggets be the best game to feature Powell back in the rotation? Especially since the Mavs play against the Lakers (who besides Davis has no big) and Cleveland next. Plus if the Mavs want to make the playoffs, they can't take games off that they can win.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 09:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Mavs are only down 1 despite playing overall quite bad. Defense always seemed off until Maxi and Wright came in with Kristaps.

Why Carlisle didn't start them baffles me but whatever. Mavs are shooting well, but need Luka and KP to wake up. KP has gotten only 1 play called for him in the first and since then its been nothing but him forcing shots trying to get himself in the game. 

Luka needs to drive the ball more to space the court.  Carlisle rotations are whacky. I am so afraid the Mavs are going to go down 15 in the 3rd because they have been the worst 2nd half team in the league. This game might be a blowout by the end of the 3rd. I really hope I'm wrong.

Excellent analysis.  In the last game, RC did change the lineup for the second half, so maybe he'll do it again.  KP does need to post up around the block, which will open things up a bit, instead of just jacking up 27 foot threes.
Like Reply
I would say Luka should post up a couple of times. He is guarded by shorter guys and he is excellent in those situations. Other than that small comment, offense was fine. They need to step up defensively.
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 09:12 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Mavs are only down 1 despite playing overall quite bad. Defense always seemed off until Maxi and Wright came in with Kristaps.

Excellent analysis.  In the last game, RC did change the lineup for the second half, so maybe he'll do it again.  KP does need to post up around the block, which will open things up a bit, instead of just jacking up 27 foot threes.

Postups aren't his game at all. 
I do want to see him get some rim runs and open midrange shots tho
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 09:12 PM)mtrot Wrote: Excellent analysis.  In the last game, RC did change the lineup for the second half, so maybe he'll do it again.  KP does need to post up around the block, which will open things up a bit, instead of just jacking up 27 foot threes.

I just want Carlisle to call the classic Dirk cross screen for Kristaps to get him a shot curling around the key or in corner.  Just something close to the basket to get his rhythm going.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 09:15 PM)Jym Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:12 PM)mtrot Wrote:

Postups aren't his game at all. 
I do want to see him get some rim runs and open midrange shots tho

Okay, well fine.  Driving the lane is good.  I just don't want him camped out at the three point line.
Like Reply

(10-29-2019, 09:06 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:

Do you think a road game vs the Denver Nuggets be the best game to feature Powell back in the rotation? Especially since the Mavs play against the Lakers (who besides Davis has no big) and Cleveland next. Plus if the Mavs want to make the playoffs, they can't take games off that they can win.

Considering that the Mavs need another big against Denver there is no other option. Going small isn´t an option against MIllsap/Jokic/Plumlee.
The Lakers are having a big next to AD nearly all the time. McGee starting and Howard coming of the bench. Howard is looking really good right now. Does not demand postups. Rebounds and protects the rim.
Like Reply
MAXI WITH THE STOP ON MILSAP!

Thats what should've been happening since the first minute of the game!

Luka has to give the ball to KP there. Stupid dribble moves when you have a 6'4 guy guarding a 7'3 unicorn.
Like Reply
Eh, Maxi is only good for one, maybe two, threes in a game.  Denver is going to start leaving him open.  Maxi needs to start rolling to the rim.
Like Reply
I sorta get the vibe that Denver is exhausted and both Luka and KP are struggling with the altitude.  Everyone is a step slow.
Like Reply
Just a bad decision by Luka. NO need to take a step back 3 against Jokic. Attack the rim.
Like Reply
we are not running offense right now

Luka is settling and struggling defensively 

Rick needs to keep two playmakers on the court to help get Luka going offensively 
Like Reply
Come on Rick, call the time out.  This is starting to go downhill bad.
Like Reply
KP is chucking.
Like Reply