Poll: Who will win the game (Pels are 2.0 pt favs)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
83.33%
10 83.33%
Pelicans
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: DAL (2-0) @ NOP (0-2) | 123-116 win
(10-25-2019, 10:31 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 10:22 PM)sefant Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 09:46 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Lee needs to never see the court again.

THJ and DFS need to play less than 15 minutes.
THJ is a liability on defense. DFS is actually good on that end. He had a good game 1.

I lost it when NOLA made an open 3 after an inbound play, and THJ was asleep.

THJ looks better to me than his reputation. I don't want him starting but I think he's fine. I want to see more from DFS before I decide what to do with him. Long term he needs to be a bench player on a good team but for now Mavs might need his defense, rebounding and hustle in the starting lineup.

First thing THJs does when he comes of the bench is take a contested pull up 3. Looks great when he makes it but in 9/10 cases he misses.
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 10:27 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Lee for sure needs zero minutes. THJ is fine off the bench but he is definitely a chucker. I don't mind him in manageable doses. I think DFS is fine for now. He does a lot of hustle stuff. Curry needs more minutes. I could see Brunson starting eventually.

RC's greatest weakness as a coach is that he is a SUCKER for guys who are no-non-sense, high-character, high-work-ethic guys....even if they are worse than the alternatives and lead to losing.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1187933260069965824
Like Reply
I love visiting the forums after a huge win following a first quarter like this lol. You guys are wearing out the dirt paths between your chairs and the nearest cliff.
Like Reply
I couldn't watch the game since it was very late. I just woke up and wanted to read your posts before checking the score.

I love you guys and feel a part of the family because I have been around for about 15 years. But you are still overreacting. That hasn't changed for years now. Lol. while reading the posts in the gamethread I thought we were blown out until I was a post reading "2-0!!!".

I know we are kind of excited for the team this year. But you gotta calm down a little bit. Smile Starting with a much different lineup tells you a lot jut by itself. Team need chemistry which asks for some time. We are a good and deep team with not enough cohesion. In time, our team will be much more fun to watch. We know RC, he is not the type of coach that shifts lineup every game. He will find the best one. That might just be a little tough until DP comes back.

It is 7am here now I am off to work. You all have a good night.

Go Mavs!!!
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/11...3632847878

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUBhHXZUdeI
Like Reply
From the ESPN video Kamm posted:

Reporter -  "Carlisle said that you were just gassed at the end there, was that what happened?"

KP - "No."

Me - "Don't mess this up Carlisle!" Dodgy
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 11:14 PM)Chrisjen Wrote: From the ESPN video Kamm posted:

Reporter -  "Carlisle said that you were just gassed at the end there, was that what happened?"

KP - "No."

Me - "Don't mess this up Carlisle!" Dodgy

What's a better Carlisle explanation -- "I just wanted to bench him"?  People overreact to quotes like this.  I think both player and coach handled it fine.

In any case, Carlisle pulled him after he missed a shot pretty badly and immediately took a bad foul to stop a fast break.  Regardless of KP's confidence in the locker room, I did think he looked a little gassed at the time.  Which is also no surprise given his direct quote after game one: 

“I’ve still got to get my lungs right,” he said. “It’s been 20 months and I’ve been killing myself to be in the best shape possible, but it’s going to take me a little bit to get into that 82-game, whatever-30-minutes on the floor every night.
Like Reply
KP came out of the game because the only way to lose was to give up open 3s at the end of the game and they put Ingram at C.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 11:44 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: KP came out of the game because the only way to lose was to give up open 3s at the end of the game and they put Ingram at C.

True.  I forgot about that.  I'm sure matchups also played a role.  

Most importantly, I really didn't get any bad vibes from KP.  Whatever the reason, it worked and winning makes everything better.
Like Reply
No Dirkie poll on this one? 

I would have strongly considered Delon Wright but still voted for Luka again. Delon being an actual third option tonight instead of it being Luka KP and the scrubs on a night we needed it because our defense was playing like cheeks was huge. But I still would have had to go Luka because triple double and that late dagger

Nice to still have hope in this team two games in to the season
Like Reply
What a big win   Smile !! Winning on the road , at NewOrleans , Pelican's home opener , after such a disastrous first quarter is  impressive !! I'm surprised  and impressed ! Well done , Mavs  !
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 11:49 PM)MrGoat Wrote: No Dirkie poll on this one? 

I would have strongly considered Delon Wright but still voted for Luka again. Delon being an actual third option tonight instead of it being Luka KP and the scrubs on a night we needed it because our defense was playing like cheeks was huge. But I still would have had to go Luka because triple double and that late dagger

Nice to still have hope in this team two games in to the season

Dirkie now has its own thread.

(10-25-2019, 10:39 PM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: I love visiting the forums after a huge win following a first quarter like this lol. You guys are wearing out the dirt paths between your chairs and the nearest cliff.

Yeah, reading the overreactions after a win is pretty funny. 

Still, we don't need this whole "slow start" thing we've seen the first two games to become a pattern. When you get down 20 points to a top tier opponent, they don't let you get back in it. Especially in the playoffs! 

I know it's a little but early to say the P word, but hey, 82-0, baby!  Big Grin
Like Reply
It is not an over reaction it is RC playing lee, RC realized it himself by giving Lee zero minutes the rest of the game, he just not an NBA rotation guy anymore,  now lest see if RC stays his stubborn self and Lee starts Sunday
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 10:26 PM)Hypermav Wrote: http://www.tankathon.com/

[Image: giphy.gif]
Ban incoming in 3...2...1...
Tongue
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
No way coach thinks Lee is a rotation guy. Trying to give him a chance to make trade value out of that expiring contract. Plainly the plan isn’t working. But starting him has got to be a favor to the front office and not a coaching judgment.
Like Reply
https://www.nola.com/multimedia/photos/c...051.html#1

Pictures of the game.
Like Reply
(10-26-2019, 08:27 AM)Jommybone Wrote: No way coach thinks Lee is a rotation guy. Trying to give him a chance to make trade value out of that expiring contract. Plainly the plan isn’t working. But starting him has got to be a favor to the front office and not a coaching judgment.

I think some experimental stuff happens at the beginning of the season. Coach may want to see what he has with Lee. Folks are scapegoating Lee for the first quarter but I don't think you can pin those 42 points on Lee.
Like Reply
Carlisle since he is Mavs coach, always experimented a shit ton until Christmas.

He tested the weirdest and sometime inexplicable lineups 

Truely mad sometimes. He risked better records just so he knows his team better come playoff time.
Like Reply
(10-26-2019, 02:31 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Carlisle since he is Mavs coach, always experimented a shit ton until Christmas.

He tested the weirdest and sometime inexplicable lineups 

Truely mad sometimes. He risked better records just so he knows his team better come playoff time.

This time he's experimenting, giving guys chances, trying things to see how they work, and we're 2 - 0!

Yet people still complain
Like Reply