Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt RAPTOR & 5.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
75.00%
3 75.00%
Suns
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 69: DAL (40-29) @ PHX (28-39) | 115-117 loss
(08-02-2020, 10:51 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 10:46 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: holy crap Carlise is atrocious,

go for the dam 2 under the basket, learn how to win close games,

Really blaming RC for this? Last play is 100% on Luka. He is a great player but this year he has been terrible in clutch situations.
Overall THJ and DFS lost the game. We do not have a single useful perimeter defender and it shows again and again. They make Rubio look like Kyrie Irving.
Yes the inbound play was design play for a three at the end of the game. Instead he could have drawn up something in the pain for KP.
Like Reply
Had a 15 pt lead, then going for the win, instead of the tie. Luka had Bridges point blank at the rim. Bad loss. Now 18 losses by 5 or less.
Like Reply
Defense is the biggest problem. They don't stop anything. So as soon as the offense stops a bit, Mavs go down. Plus they have become legit clutch loosers. Choke PhD.

Luka and KP were good. Seth did a bit on offense but is extreme liability on defense. The rest...
Like Reply
Get Seth and THJ outta here...pay Fred Van Vleet the big bucks.
Like Reply
I'd be up for having a different guard bring the ball up and initiate the offense.  It's just not being effective enough with Luka.  We keep getting bottled up and end up taking high difficulty shots.  See our 19% three point shooting.
Like Reply
They're ridiciulously un-clutch, so Clippers it is...

Even the damned refs were on our side for once, and still they couldn't beat that mediocre Suns team. I'm really starting to get fed up with all their happy go lucky-attitude.
Like Reply
Mavs do need a real PF to play over DFS he is just not good enough.

I like other to get a shot the last 6 games anyone but him
Like Reply
This is good though we have obvious holes in our roster and we all know it. Its going to take an off season to correct.

I love THJ but nights like tonight remind me why he has been on multiple teams.

We have 2 legit starters and I am sure the MBT knows this its just going to take time to upgrade those positions.

Curry and DFS should be coming off the bench.
Like Reply
Am I the only one surprised with luka's FT? Holy cow. Has to get his step-back mojo back. Maxi/DFS/Curry/Wright/THJ showing us they are nothing but bench pieces.
Like Reply
(08-02-2020, 10:54 PM)mtrot Wrote: I'd be up for having a different guard bring the ball up and initiate the offense.  It's just not being effective enough with Luka.  We keep getting bottled up and end up taking high difficulty shots.
Our options are Delon Wright, the corpse of JJB or a one-armed Brunson after a 10 day quarantine, so.....

JJ or Brunson?
Like Reply
(08-02-2020, 10:57 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 10:54 PM)mtrot Wrote: I'd be up for having a different guard bring the ball up and initiate the offense.  It's just not being effective enough with Luka.  We keep getting bottled up and end up taking high difficulty shots.
Our options are Delon Wright, the corpse of JJB or a one-armed Brunson after a 10 day quarantine, so.....

JJ or Brunson?
Burke?
Like Reply
Booker and Ayton were out for most of the second half, Coach thought he had an easy one to use the 1st stringers longer and bury their backup players but Suns responded well (spoiler of the night). I don't understand why Carlisle didn't use his backups (Boban, Burke, Cleveland) to respond to theirs. Should of pay attention to Cameron Payne and Cameron Johnson who was shooting the 3's.
Like Reply
how long does this travesty go on before they finally fire rick carlisle
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
(08-02-2020, 11:00 PM)mtrot Wrote:

JJ or Brunson?
Burke?
He already had his fluke game of the bubble.
Like Reply
No Boban in the second half again. I get that he wasn´t on the floor when the Suns started to rain 3s but he could have helped during the scoring drought in the 3rd.
Like Reply
Luka  35 10.5 10.5 over the 2 games.  KP avg 30+ points.  Where is the rest of the team?
Like Reply
(08-02-2020, 11:03 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 11:00 PM)mtrot Wrote:

JJ or Brunson?
Burke?
He already had his fluke game of the bubble.
How do you know it will have been a fluke, if you don't try him some more?
Like Reply
I'm not a huge RC fan for the rebuild but this roster just isn't good enough to do much. You can only do so much with a limited roster. They got lucky this season with a lot of players in their rotation being productive and shooting well (THJ, Seth, DFS, Kleber). In the end though, the clock will strike midnight on those Cinderellas and this is what happens.
Like Reply
(08-02-2020, 10:57 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Am I the only one surprised with luka's FT? Holy cow.

Two HUGE positives coming out of this game for Luka's growth:

1) Luka finding the FT groove.
2) Luka limiting his threes to three shots and relentlessly attacking the rim.
Like Reply
In crunch time what is the one reliable go to shot that either Luka or KP has...that defenses know is coming but cannot do anything about? At this point in their evolution, neither has one.

We need better starters. We need Luka and KP to play off each other better. Maybe RC has also been a bit off. However this is a team built around two offensive studs, neither of whom can be relied upon for a basket when defenses take it up a notch. I have more confidence in Boban being able to score anytime than I have in my two studs. That has to change.
Like Reply