Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt RAPTOR & 5.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
75.00%
3 75.00%
Suns
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 69: DAL (40-29) @ PHX (28-39) | 115-117 loss
Heart 
[Image: EeWBEuvUwAIe6Rt?format=png&name=4096x4096]
Like Reply
Tomorrow is another day to watch the Mavs in a playoff run.  Cool
The magic number is 1 thanks to the Memphis loss yesterday. 
Phoenix is dangerous for us and another chance to learn how to stop a player that has been totally unstoppable for us, Devin Booker. Or...we could just blow them away on offense and make Devin Booker's 30 not really matter.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
The Ayton matchup is gonna be key. He had a great game against wizards. It be interesting to see how Carlisle contains him. Do you have Maxi play him on defense and KP offensively take on Ayton or the other way around? Does Boban get in early?
Like Reply
I'm expecting the Mavs were roundly chewed out for their defensive effort last game so I expect to see a bit more pride on that end here. This could be a good challenge, Devin Booker is a Mav killer and the Suns have their backs against the wall so this game shouldn't be easy.

I'll be really curious to see if Boban gets more time here considering he's the only guy on the roster with the strength to really handle Ayton, though sometimes Rick doesn't play Boban at all in matchups where he makes sense so I guess we'll just see
Like Reply
(08-02-2020, 12:31 AM)FunkBoreland Wrote: The Ayton matchup is gonna be key.

Mavs have terrible PnR defense and Ayton was feasting against us in our last game. Phoenix came with a mission and it looks like it will be between them and Portland for that last playoff chance. It will be interesting how our guys will respond. At least this wasn't a problem in the regular season. They allways bounced back quickly. But, there are not a lot of playoff level defense games in regular season. The restart might be different as every game counts.
Like Reply
https://arizonasports.com/story/2337701/...mavericks/
Like Reply
Luka rises to challenges. There will be no wilting tonight. And he is learning that the last minute of close games will have to belong to him, as everyone else will get roughed up without a whistle. Kick outs for wide-open 3's? Sure. As long as they’re truly wide open. Otherwise he’s gotta take the shot. He'll figure it out this year and his clutch stats will rise. Just watch and see.
Like Reply
This is a must win game to keep the franchise from sliding into a disaster of a bubble season and major psychological headwinds next year.
Like Reply
Barely making it in time.

You only have 1 chance to win your 2nd game in the WDW COVID bubble. That makes this a must win game!
Like Reply
(08-02-2020, 05:27 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: This is a must win game to keep the franchise from sliding into a disaster of a bubble season and major psychological headwinds next year.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Could we not foul the 3 pt shooters please?
Like Reply
Umm, maybe Luka should try and facilitate KP to try and score near the rim.

Seth, stay on the ground.
Like Reply
(08-02-2020, 08:13 PM)mtrot Wrote: Umm, maybe Luka should try and facilitate KP to try and score near the rim.

Seth, stay on the ground.

Especially against Rubio.
Like Reply
Delon enters the game and promptly dribbles out most of the clock and then finally makes a weak drive, gets thwarted.
Like Reply
(08-02-2020, 08:22 PM)mtrot Wrote: Delon enters the game and promptly dribbles out most of the clock and then finally makes a weak drive, gets thwarted.

Was thinking the same. first pass of the possession comes with 9s left on the clock. Mavs get desperate and he gets the ball back. Misses on a forced drive.
Like Reply
(08-02-2020, 08:24 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 08:22 PM)mtrot Wrote: Delon enters the game and promptly dribbles out most of the clock and then finally makes a weak drive, gets thwarted.

Was thinking the same. first pass of the possession comes with 9s left on the clock. Mavs get desperate and he gets the ball back. Misses on a forced drive.
Yeah, it made Delon look bad, but in fairness, I think he was waiting for some effective movement from the other players, but that never materialized.  The problem is that the Mavs are too soft and allow the opponent to deny them from going where they want to go.  They are going to have to be more aggressive and force the issue on these defenders, even if it means getting a few fouls called on them.  You take that as far as the refs will let you.
Like Reply
I would almost double Booker like Harden.  Only real threat right now.

Maybe the Rockets were good...
Like Reply
Nice, Boban to Luka for the score!  I'm telling you, Boban down low with the ball is money in the bank.
Like Reply
Am I the only one that expects bad things to happen whenever DFS tries to create of the dribble?
Like Reply
Solid work by the Mavs.
Like Reply