Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 30: Dallas Mavericks (18-12) vs. Phoenix Suns (14-15)| 128-114 WIN!!!
The defense was much worse that quarter. Seems like Phoenix made an adjustment Dallas hasn’t caught up to yet with that Booker/Allen action.
Like Reply
That was such a soft ass offensive could call on Grant Williams
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-26-2023, 12:37 AM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: That was such a soft ass offensive could call on Grant Williams

Totally agree… But, I cannot figure out whether or not I am liking this tough streak he’s trying to play with.

Part of me enjoys it, because I think the team needs a couple of guys like that, but part of me thinks it’s not super cool coming from him, especially considering he is playing like booty.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
Need Timmy to step up and hit some shots. Also, Lively’s ft shooting is becoming problematic
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Luka is playing one of the best games I’ve seen. Phenomenal. Needs some other guys to pick it up.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
I love that Luka cares about stepping up in these huge, nationally televised games.
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
I love that DJJ just kept shooting. All those misses, but he has hit a couple of big ones this quarter.
Like Reply
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the significance of that star above their names on the jersey?
Like Reply
Luka is gassed grabbing his shorts. But playing his ass off on both ends. Props to him.
[-] The following 2 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(12-26-2023, 12:57 AM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Luka is gassed grabbing his shorts. But playing his ass off on both ends. Props to him.

Yes. This might be the most mature game I’ve ever seen from him.

Hardaway puts an exclamation point ❗️ on this one with the steal and flush.

Great win. ANOTHER great win.
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
1 stl and 2 blks short of a 50pt 5x5. Luka should have offer a scrub on the Suns a million dollars during the last minute to get the stats quick. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Defensive scheme is bad but the effort was picked up big time. Nice win. One of Luka’s best games ever.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(12-26-2023, 12:55 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Excuse my ignorance, but what is the significance of that star above their names on the jersey?

Maybe it´s like in football national jersey a star for each World Cup, but the Lakers and Celtics jerseys would like kind of stupid.

Can we get Luka another three to take the Christmas record.
Like Reply
Great win. Withstood off three point shooting in the second and third and suns hit shooting in the third. Buckled up in the fourth with solid D and Phx had no chance stopping Luka. What a performance by Luka. How about Jones who was missing shots but never hesitated and continued to make some plays off the dribble. Also Lively who struggled with free throws but hit two in the fourth.

What was the deal with KD tonight. Was just a guy out there.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(12-26-2023, 01:04 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Great win. ANOTHER great win.

I didn’t like the way they took the 3rd quarter off, but gutty to regain momentum and the lead on the road.

Welcome back DL

The Iztok formula works with DJJ, Exum and Lively next to offensive guys in the other two positions.  Would love to see us at full strength. KD/Booker combined for 10 of 25. Game plan was to let others beat you. Others hit open shots, but the stars shot 40%.

There was a post earlier today that said the emergence of Exum and Lively is a reason to be patient.  I see the point, but I can also argue it is a reason to make a deal for that missing big.  None of GWill, Powell or Holmes is the answer behind Lively (and Maxi isn’t either).  Imagine this team with Naz instead of Grant.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-26-2023, 12:55 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Excuse my ignorance, but what is the significance of that star above their names on the jersey?

Snow flake/Christmas Day NBA logo
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 2 users Like OBX Maverick's post:
  • KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(12-26-2023, 01:24 AM)OBX Maverick Wrote: Snow flake/Christmas Day NBA logo

Oh, good.

I thought for a second it was some kind of Gaza choosing sides thing.
Like Reply
(12-26-2023, 01:16 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Great win.  Withstood off three point shooting in the second and third and suns hit shooting in the third.  Buckled up in the fourth with solid D and Phx had no chance stopping Luka.  What a performance by Luka.  How about Jones who was missing shots but never hesitated and continued to make some plays off the dribble.  Also Lively who struggled with free throws but hit two in the fourth.

What was the deal with KD tonight.  Was just a guy out there.

Did anyone else notice KD just left without shaking hands with a towel over his head? He really is “Cupcake.” How long before he requests a trade to Boston, one of the LA teams, Miami or Denver?
Like Reply
(12-26-2023, 02:04 AM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Did anyone else notice KD just left without shaking hands with a towel over his head? He really is “Cupcake.” How long before he requests a trade to Boston, one of the LA teams, Miami or Denver?

Not sure, but he’d look pretty good in Dallas. Not that they could afford him.
Like Reply
(12-26-2023, 02:06 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not sure, but he’d look pretty good in Dallas. Not that they could afford him.

Oh, he would look great here. I would trade everyone not named Luka, Kyrie or Derrick and every pick we own for him. I’m really curious to see how this plays out for Phoenix if they don’t win the championship and continue to look kinda bad this season.
Like Reply