Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 30: Dallas Mavericks (18-12) vs. Phoenix Suns (14-15)| 128-114 WIN!!!
[Image: GCJvCt0bMAAg7OI?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: GCJsu6eXMAACs9c.jpg?format=webp&width=2160&height=606]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Merry Christmas everyone! Beat the Suns!
[-] The following 3 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • ballsrchr, BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Schedule is unforfgiving, so a win in this game would be huge. Phoenix without Beal and Nurkic and Mavs without Irving and possibly Lively. Phoenix without a real PG and weak at center without Nurkic.
[-] The following 5 users Like omahen's post:
  • ballsrchr, BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Merry Christmas.

Best present this year would be a redo of Game 7 2022.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply
We need a win for 6-4 and a 60% win pace for the first 30 games. Then there are the 1million other reasons. Merry Christmas Mavs fans!

For Christmas we can be thankful for several of our new additions and by most measures a good start to the season. For a super fun end to the day we can get a Win!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
@GrantAfseth Dec 24
The Phoenix Suns will rule out Bradley Beal (ankle) and Jusuf Nurkic (personal reasons) for their Christmas Day matchup against the Dallas Mavericks.
Like Reply
Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine)
Mavericks rookie center Dereck Lively II is expected to make his return from a left ankle sprain in tonight's Dallas-at-Phoenix Christmas Day finale, league sources say.

More from around the league in the Monday Musings: https://marcstein.substack.com/p/the-lat...hatter-and

WHAT A CHRISTMAS PRESENT
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
I have a pretty good feeling about this one. Luka has been on tear in these big games, lately, and Lively being back bodes well.
Like Reply
(12-25-2023, 02:06 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine)
Mavericks rookie center Dereck Lively II is expected to make his return from a left ankle sprain in tonight's Dallas-at-Phoenix Christmas Day finale, league sources say.

More from around the league in the Monday Musings: https://marcstein.substack.com/p/the-lat...hatter-and

WHAT A CHRISTMAS PRESENT

Ok I might actually watch now.
Like Reply
(12-25-2023, 03:23 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Ok I might actually watch now.

Are you over this team already?
Like Reply
(12-25-2023, 03:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Are you over this team already?

Yes, indeed.  A franchise worth $4.5B depends on a 19 year old kid for success.
Like Reply
(12-25-2023, 04:24 PM)WildArkieBoy Wrote: Yes, indeed.  A franchise worth $4.5B depends on a 19 year old kid for success.

Well, it certainly helps. But I actually liked their chances tonight before Lively was cleared (better now, for sure). I think the Suns are likely to play quite a bit of small ball and that this might be a tough matchup for him, really. Then again, he has surprised me a ton already by how adjustable he is against different play styles. Someone will get a lot of open 3's while he's in there, but hey - they might not make them!
Like Reply
(12-25-2023, 04:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Well, it certainly helps. But I actually liked their chances tonight before Lively was cleared (better now, for sure). I think the Suns are likely to play quite a bit of small ball and that this might be a tough matchup for him, really. Then again, he has surprised me a ton already by how adjustable he is against different play styles. Someone will get a lot of open 3's while he's in there, but hey - they might not make them!

Yes, I'm delusional, but I feel like "we're" ready to go to war with Luka, Ky, Lively, Exxum and DJJ.
(once they're all available)
WAB
[-] The following 1 user Likes WildArkieBoy's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
(12-25-2023, 04:36 PM)WildArkieBoy Wrote: Yes, I'm delusional, but I feel like "we're" ready to go to war with Luka, Ky, Lively, Exxum and DJJ.
(once they're all available)
WAB

Oh, I took your meaning to be the opposite of that, sorry. 

I think that's a pretty good nucleus, myself.
Like Reply
Boys Mavs are a play in team. I think that is pretty clear after 30 games. Mavs have 4,5 maybe 6 NBA players at best and a shitty coach. FO did some good moves, but Mavs are way behind where they could have been and are being overtaken by teams who were way behind them 3 years ago. It will only get harder in the next seasons.

But i think Mavs win today. Merry Christmas guys.
Like Reply
(12-25-2023, 07:20 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: Boys Mavs are a play in team. I think that is pretty clear after 30 games. Mavs have 4,5 maybe 6 NBA players at best and a shitty coach. FO did some good moves, but Mavs are way behind where they could have been and are being overtaken by teams who were way behind them 3 years ago. It will only get harder in the next seasons.

But i think Mavs win today. Merry Christmas guys.

It is?  We are a young team with crazy rash of injuries and currently in 6th. Im not sure how that is pretty clearly play in?  I don’t think there is enough sample to know what this team is yet, especially given the injuries and youth
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
I like this Mav team, shitty coach and all.
If this team has the Maxi from a years ago, this team would be competitive.
That said.. a Stewart, Gafford or Patrick Williams addition makes them competitive, a Siakam type big gets them ahead of everyone.

But if they don't add one more big and retains the status quo -- these Mavs as talented as they are, are going to be first round fodder (tops).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • bodhisattva
Like Reply
(12-25-2023, 08:01 PM)mvossman Wrote: It is?  We are a young team with crazy rash of injuries and currently in 6th. Im not sure how that is pretty clearly play in?  I don’t think there is enough sample to know what this team is yet, especially given the injuries and youth

Memphis finishes above Mavs. I bet you a burek.
(12-25-2023, 08:32 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I like this Mav team, shitty coach and all.
If this team has the Maxi from a years ago, this team would be competitive.
That said.. a Stewart, Gafford or Patrick Williams addition makes them competitive, a Siakam type big gets them ahead of everyone.

But if they don't add one more big and retains the status quo -- these Mavs as talented as they are, are going to be first round fodder (tops).
I agree. Lively is nice and all, but he is a basic 5 and should be a backup 5 in any decent team. Since you mention Gafford, Mavs could have had him in Porzi trade instead of Bertrans. It went trough at the time money wise. I wonder, if Mavs were just stupid (wouldnt surprise me), or Washington didnt want to give him up insted of DB. It pissed me off then and it pisses me off now.
And that alone wouldnt be enough. Our wings suck. DJJ-honeymoon, he is not good enough and Williams sucks. We are Bam Adebayo/Siakam/Stewart/Ried (big) and Jimmy Buttler/Aron Gordon/Vanderbilt (wing) short of competing if you ask me. If I think again maybe it would be easier for everybody if Luka gets traded to Miami.
Like Reply
GWill off the bench tonight with Luka, Exum, THJ, DJJ and Lively starting.

McMahon reports that once Kyrie returns the starters will be Luka, Kyrie, Exum, DJJ and Lively
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
Is anyone else having trouble finding a stream for this game?
Like Reply