Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
Kyrie could miss the game tomorrow because of personal reasons. Is this the beginning of the rollercoaster or what’s up with him?
Like Reply
(03-10-2023, 04:17 PM)Knutsen Wrote: Kyrie could miss the game tomorrow because of personal reasons. Is this the beginning of the rollercoaster or what’s up with him?

Not sure, but he can't be pulling this while Luka is out unless the plan is to tank the rest of the season. Mavs can compete with one, but not without both.
Like Reply
Seeing rumors that a family member passed away. Prayers up.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41, Knutsen
Like Reply
(03-10-2023, 08:30 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Seeing rumors that a family member passed away. Prayers up.

Apparently he said this on his twitch stream.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(03-10-2023, 08:30 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Seeing rumors that a family member passed away. Prayers up.

Disregard my comment. I wasn't aware of this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...33890?s=20
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-16-2023, 10:25 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...33890?s=20

Super Max incoming..lol
Like Reply
(03-16-2023, 10:38 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Super Max incoming..lol

If this rumor is to be believed, it definitely tells me the Mavs have assured Kyrie he's getting his full max. The fact other teams can't match that means Kyrie is telling them don't bother, I'm getting what I want here.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MFFL
Like Reply
It is always a but with Kyrie.    On the court, he has been so enjoyable to watch.  Everything about his game has been refreshing, fun and pretty memorizing.    It is just tough to go all in because of his history.   But no problem with his play on the court.  In fact, I think he has surprised me how much I have enjoyed his game.

Lakers did really well at the trade deadline, but they need to wonder if they would have been better off if they could have gotten Kyrie.   They still may have been short, but man Kryie is really good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 07:10 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: It is always a but with Kyrie.    On the court, he has been so enjoyable to watch.  Everything about his game has been refreshing, fun and pretty memorizing.    It is just tough to go all in because of his history.   But no problem with his play on the court.  In fact, I think he has surprised me how much I have enjoyed his game.

Lakers did really well at the trade deadline, but they need to wonder if they would have been better off if they could have gotten Kyrie.   They still may have been short, but man Kryie is really good.

The math tells me in the NBA, you're always better off with the superstar. Out of the 450+ NBA players, there are maybe 20-30 stars. 4 quarters never equal a dollar type of thing in this drama filled league.

Watching Kyrie has been some of the most fun basketball I've seen in a long time. His game is so aesthetically pleasing. I'm bracing myself for when he eventually does some weird antics that will cause a media frenzy, but until then I'm just enjoying the ride.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...8165417985
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 11:21 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: The math tells me in the NBA, you're always better off with the superstar. Out of the 450+ NBA players, there are maybe 20-30 stars. 4 quarters never equal a dollar type of thing in this drama filled league.

Watching Kyrie has been some of the most fun basketball I've seen in a long time. His game is so aesthetically pleasing. I'm bracing myself for when he eventually does some weird antics that will cause a media frenzy, but until then I'm just enjoying the ride.

I think I remember seeing a financial analysis of the return on investment for various classes of NBA players.  The best, by far, was superstars at the very top tier.  Their salaries are capped, but their performance can be far beyond that cap cost.

Next was high-performing rookies who are significantly outplaying their paltry entry-level salaries.

It's the near-superstar level guys who want max or near-max money that tend to significantly underperform.  Think Tobias Harris, Andrew Wiggins, John Collins, Zach Lavine, Mr. Porzingis.  Good players, perhaps, but consume a big chunk of a team's cap, and can't generate wins on their own.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1643307755191640065  

https://twitter.com/CarringtonGupte/stat...3703404544  
Like Reply
I think Houston will be the team that Kyrie uses for leverage. The owner seems on a level with Cuban. They have the outright capspace to just sign him. Owner gets his star.

Only question is how smart and powerful their GM is, cause if I am getting Scoot or Wembanyama to pair with Green, Smith Jr., Sengun and a few of their other young prospects, I want f*** all to do with Kyrie. I´d probably eat 1-2 bad contracts for more draft compensation and start winning in two years.
Like Reply
(04-05-2023, 06:51 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I think Houston will be the team that Kyrie uses for leverage. The owner seems on a level with Cuban. They have the outright capspace to just sign him. Owner gets his star.

Only question is how smart and powerful their GM is, cause if I am getting Scoot or Wembanyama to pair with Green, Smith Jr., Sengun and a few of their other young prospects, I want f*** all to do with Kyrie. I´d probably eat 1-2 bad contracts for more draft compensation and start winning in two years.

I've been eyeing Houston as a potential landing spot too. I'm pretty sure they could get enough cap space to get both Harden and Kyrie on deals.

Of course Cuban is a spawn of evil and won't recognize this as a potential threat and will low ball Kyrie.
Like Reply
(04-05-2023, 06:51 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote:  if I am getting Scoot or Wembanyama to pair with Green, Smith Jr., Sengun and a few of their other young prospects...

I´d probably eat 1-2 bad contracts for more draft compensation and start winning in two years.

If Houston gets Wemby, can we send them #10 for Sengun?
Like Reply
(04-05-2023, 08:34 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If Houston gets Wemby, can we send them #10 for Sengun?

I was also playing with the idea. But I think they might try to play Sengun together with Wemby, as he plays more like a guard than traditional center. They might work together. Mavs were reportedly targeting Garuba in the past. He hasn't been anything special, but perhaps the love is still there. So how about #10 for Garuba, #19 and perhaps something more? Perhaps that #19 could go to GSW for Green while Houston eats Bertans contract.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(04-05-2023, 08:34 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If Houston gets Wemby, can we send them #10 for Sengun?

I was thinking S&T, but they have so much capspace, they don´t need to engage in trade talks. Undecided
Like Reply
(04-05-2023, 08:46 AM)omahen Wrote: I was also playing with the idea. But I think they might try to play Sengun together with Wemby, as he plays more like a guard than traditional center. They might work together. Mavs were reportedly targeting Garuba in the past. He hasn't been anything special, but perhaps the love is still there. So how about #10 for Garuba, #19 and perhaps something more? Perhaps that #19 could go to GSW for Green while Houston eats Bertans contract.

I'd be all over 10 for 19 plus Garuba.  He's got a lot of interesting tools.  Moving some money to Houston would be a huge help in terms of exceptions and S&T possibilities.

If I had Garuba (kind of a Green starter kit), I'd probably try to use 19 and 2027 for a Turner-like center.  Win now and add to the youth movement at the same time.  I'm not against Green.  In fact, I see that as a strong possibility.  But, Green plays a lot more time with Looney than without.  If Green at center is a specialty lineup, then, we still don't have the needed center for the rest of the minutes.
Like Reply
(04-05-2023, 09:12 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I'd be all over 10 for 19 plus Garuba.  He's got a lot of interesting tools.  Moving some money to Houston would be a huge help in terms of exceptions and S&T possibilities.

If I had Garuba (kind of a Green starter kit), I'd probably try to use 19 and 2027 for a Turner-like center.  Win now and add to the youth movement at the same time.  I'm not against Green.  In fact, I see that as a strong possibility.  But, Green plays a lot more time with Looney than without.  If Green at center is a specialty lineup, then, we still don't have the needed center for the rest of the minutes.

I have very mixed feelings about Green myself, because he is a huge long term gamble. But somehow it seems to me he will be the prime target for Mavs this summer. 

I agree we would still need a center and Turner would be awesome fit. I don't think Turner is worth more than 1 unprotected pick Mavs can offer. However, I think Turner won't be available at all.
Like Reply