Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
GAME 46: ATL (23-22) @ DAL (24-22) | 122-130 loss
(01-18-2023, 10:36 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Trade Bullock before the rest of the league realizes that he might be an even bigger defensive liablility than SD

Trade RB and SD please! What a successful TDL it would be if that happened!
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • MrGoat, sefant
Like Reply
Bullock improving is great news.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
After a tough year, it looks like the Hawks are on the right track.  I am not sure what the end game is for them though.  They are not a top 4 seed.   They could give a team a lot of trouble in the first round and would have a punchers chance, but are probably a round one elimination.   

They do have a mix or interesting skilled players.   Plus, a couple of younger guys who flash at times.   

Murray was the difference tonight.  He was the bigger second best player tonight.  Dinwiddie had some moments but Murray clearly was more impactful.  And probably Capella who had 16 points on 7-10 shooting.   Seems like one of the games where Powell looked outclassed trying to defend the penetration and the lobs.  He wasn't the only one, but they were attacking the lane often tonight.
Like Reply
(01-18-2023, 10:48 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Bullock improving is great news.

I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet. He could put up a donut next game.
Like Reply
(01-18-2023, 09:57 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I don't think anything is going to change on this Mavs team until SD's role is drastically changed.

He needs to be 6th man
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/pdx_mavs/status/1601992422418186240
Like Reply
(01-18-2023, 11:20 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet. He could put up a donut next game.

He was at the bottom and has had a number of good games.  The trend is positive.  His defense needs to improve as his three point shot has improved.  Main thing for me is he improved enough to maybe entice teams to trade for him.
Like Reply
Luka + SD 119.66 DefRtg
Luka + SD + Bullock + DFS 119.59 DefRtg
Luka + SD + Bullock + DFS + Kleber 128.57 DefRtg

[Image: xjt00n9liyca1.gif]

Kidd: "Wood is causing the defensive problems"
[-] The following 1 user Likes sefant's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
I really liked the offense this game. Other than a couple of stupid turnovers, it was fun to watch. Atlanta is not a great defensive team, so that helped.

But defense was a disaster. Atlanta did whatever they wanted as Mavs just couldn't defend the PnR. No matter if it was Young, Murray, Bogi or even Hunter with the center. An open midranger, layup/dunk or wide open three offense after offense.
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Was at the game last night.  I missed most of the first quarter and had a few beforehand, but some thoughts:

Don't get the complaints regarding Dinwiddie on the offensive side of the ball.  Didn't see a lot of ball stopping and thought he played within the flow.  To be honest in the later stages of the game I actually felt more comfortable when Din had the ball in his hands than Luka.

I do get the defensive complaints.  I am part of the long list of folks that think Green should replace him in the starting lineup as the point of attack defender as Din would make a great 6th man as last year.  But the reality is he is our third best offensive player by a large margin and he needs to be on the court anytime Wood or Luka are off.  I know there are calls for trading him, but this team is already light on playmaking and I think its going to be hard to find a true playmaker that fits well with Luka on offense.  Plus most of the guys I have heard suggested are not significantly better than Din defensively.  Finding a player with his offensive skillset and is even average on defense is going to be expensive.

I thought Green picked up where he left off.  His next step will be to add a little more offensive volume.  He really needs to be put into the starting lineup sooner rather than later.  Bullock is not suited to chasing around guys like Trae Young and I think he would be more effective if put in a better position defensively.  The fact that Green had one of the worst on/off is a lesson in taking single game on/off with a huge grain of salt.

Wood looked really good.  He is clearly worth his max extension at this point and they should be offering it already.  Even if you decide you want to go powder in two years and don't think Wood is a starter on a contender, you will very likely be able to dump that contract without taking a hit.  Its more likely he will turn into a significant asset.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK0eISIVyHk&ab_channel=FilmSession
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAguiar95's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-19-2023, 05:05 PM)HAguiar95 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK0eISIVyHk&ab_channel=FilmSession

The drop coverage we were playing all night against Trae was truly baffling. Just as dumb as when teams do it against Luka.
Like Reply
DFS just doesn't have it right now. No effort, lackadaisical closeouts. Aside from a couple of strong rebounds in the 3rd he was largely non-existent. 

Bullock had more effort, and even he was terrible.

Josh Green, Wood, and Luka were the MVPs, but it doesn't matter if you can't get stops. 

Fun game though. Terrible we couldn't muster a win. Bad energy from everyone all around tbh.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-19-2023, 08:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: DFS just doesn't have it right now. No effort, lackadaisical closeouts. Aside from a couple of strong rebounds in the 3rd he was largely non-existent. 

Bullock had more effort, and even he was terrible.

Josh Green, Wood, and Luka were the MVPs, but it doesn't matter if you can't get stops. 

Fun game though. Terrible we couldn't muster a win. Bad energy from everyone all around tbh.

Wood's defense was trash so it's hard to give him flowers.   To be fair, everyone was atrocious on that end of the floor.
Like Reply