Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
2022 NBA Draft: #37 Jaden Hardy (6' 3", 6' 9" WS) to DAL | two 2nds to SAC
(06-10-2022, 06:55 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: That makes two guys that I'm aware of who have been in for workouts/interviews.  Both Brown and Hardy are mocked to be taken well before 26.

FWIW, the June 9 consensus mock has Hardy at #23 and Kendall at #26....

[Image: Screenshot-2022-06-10-7.11.46-AM.png]
Like Reply
(06-10-2022, 06:55 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: That makes two guys that I'm aware of who have been in for workouts/interviews.  Both Brown and Hardy are mocked to be taken well before 26.  Hmmm.  Both are "wings".  Well, put it this way, they are not centers.

I doubt they have any intention of taking a center. There are so many decent wings in this draft that I'm guessing there's a better opportunity to get a rotation player. Trading for a center rather drafting one sounds like the best option in my opinion.
Like Reply
(06-10-2022, 06:55 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Are we preparing in case someone falls?  Or, do we think we have the firepower to move up 6-8 spots?

I think that Kendall Brown and Jaden Hardy are guys that could very well be there at #26. They are currently "falling" (not draft night "falls") and I assume the Mavs have intel on that and are doing their homework on them. 

I am a big fan of Kendall (he is young and has all the physical tools you want from a modern wing), not so much a fan of Jaden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
Watching more Jake LaRavia tape. Am I the only one that feels like he watched the exact same tapes last year? Really reminds me of Franz Wagner. Maybe a little more bulk and less mobility.
Like Reply
There's no absolute truth about what player is going to be picked where. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there are 30 beholders (teams) -- and within each of those teams, there probably is much variation in opinions of who should be picked where.

So unless someone is good enough to be regularly projected to be in the top 15, there's no guarantee he isn't there at 26. The consensus I'm hearing has been that there is a tier that goes for 6-7 players, another for about 6-7 players, and from about 12-40 it's really a crapshoot. Even now, players are being slotted up and down in various mocks, even those being done by the same person but in different weeks, even though none of these guys has played a single game minute since May 1.

That even happens here. Our thoughts on who we want at 26 vary from fan to fan, and from day to day.

If I'm the Mavs, and assuming I expect to pick at 26, then I need to take a close look at all the players from about 15 to 30. I need to know what to do as the teams before 26 take choices from random slots on my board, and also need to know what to do if opportunity to move up or down is offered.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • DallasMaverick, hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(06-09-2022, 10:49 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/JPadmore92/status/15...9794236417

Not wild about it unless we're taking a more long term approach and are willing to leave him in Frisco for a bit. Two years away from being two years away, he has real potential and the tools but he is not NBA ready right now.
Like Reply
Peyton Watson should have gone back to school.  Very high recruit who really struggled on a veteran UCLA team.  Only played 12 minutes a game.  ESPN still has him in the 30's.  

You see flashes of his skill and length, but he is a baby dear out there.  Probably a pretty similar prospect to BJ Boston from last year who may look better in a new situation.  He will need a lot of G-league time though and will probably be a two way guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHSQdVkxxFw
Like Reply
(06-10-2022, 08:30 AM)F Gump Wrote: If I'm the Mavs, and assuming I expect to pick at 26, then I need to take a close look at all the players from about 15 to 30.

Absolutely this. There will be lots of shuffling between now and draft night and even though I think teams have a pretty solid sense of how the draft might go (going into the night), there are always a couple big surprises no one anticipated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...3211057152
Like Reply
(06-10-2022, 12:50 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...3211057152

Man this has bad news written all over it.  Hard to trust Dame to be Dame after watching him last season.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/statu...3386601474
Like Reply
(1) Mavs / Magic Draft on Twitter: "Source: In addition to San Francisco guard Jamaree Bouyea, the Dallas Mavericks also hosted a pre draft workout with French guard Hugo Besson #MFFL" / Twitter
Like Reply
(06-10-2022, 02:17 PM)omahen Wrote: (1) Mavs / Magic Draft on Twitter: "Source: In addition to San Francisco guard Jamaree Bouyea, the Dallas Mavericks also hosted a pre draft workout with French guard Hugo Besson #MFFL" / Twitter

Looking at mid/late 2nd round picks. Trade incoming?
Like Reply
(06-10-2022, 02:27 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Looking at mid/late 2nd round picks. Trade incoming?

Possible but not necessary. I think each team covers as much ground as possible to have all options open. Some of it might also be just favors to agents or similar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/1...4044094465
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...0496842752
Like Reply
Two years ago I told the board we needed to draft Bane.

Many years ago, I was the first to inform the board that Dwight Powell is terrible.

Now I am telling you that we should get Jalen Williams if possible.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(06-10-2022, 05:46 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Two years ago I told the board we needed to draft Bane.

Many years ago, I was the first to inform the board that Dwight Powell is terrible.

Now I am telling you that we should get Jalen Williams if possible.

You think you’re the only person who thought the first two things?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dirknows's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(06-10-2022, 05:56 PM)Dirknows Wrote: You think you’re the only person who thought the first two things?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=5e214886907a16b0741ac6339c...y.gif&ct=g]
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
I know everyone looks great in highlights and so it is hard to predict who will be a difference maker at the next level. From the highlights I have watched, I like Dalen Terry much more than Kendall Brown if both are somehow available. Terry seems like someone who has the skills to develop into a real playmaker.
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • F Gump, Paul Gasol
Like Reply