Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
2022 NBA Draft: #37 Jaden Hardy (6' 3", 6' 9" WS) to DAL | two 2nds to SAC
Another player I am intrigued with (who might be there at #26) is Jake LaRavia (6'7" w/o shoes, 6'9.5" wingspan). 

I like his feel for the game and the way he plays. He is underwhelming as an athlete though. 

Anyone else have an opinion on him?
Like Reply
As others have mentioned, I also like Jalen Williams (6'4.5" w/o shoes, 7'2.25" wingspan).
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 06:38 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Another player I am intrigued with (who should be there at #26) is Jake LaRavia (6'7" w/o shoes, 6'9.5" wingspan). 

I like his feel for the game and the way he plays. He is underwhelming as an athlete though. 

As a JR would you expect them to contribute right away?  Looks like he has good numbers 56/36/78 with 6.6rbs, 3.7ast, 1.7stl and 1.0blks his JR season.  Kind of looks like he can do a little bit of everything.  Maybe like a Joe Ingles type?
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 06:53 PM)chaparral Wrote: As a JR would you expect them to contribute right away?  Looks like he has good numbers 56/36/78 with 6.6rbs, 3.7ast, 1.7stl and 1.0blks his JR season.  Kind of looks like he can do a little bit of everything.  Maybe like a Joe Ingles type?

He seems like the kind of guy who has such a good feel for the game that he would be able to learn how to contribute (even in a small way) right away. 

My anxiety with him would be that he is just outclassed as an athlete in the NBA to such an extent that both his offense and defense become a liability. But if his athleticism can hold up, he strikes me as the kind of guy who could have a long and productive NBA career.
Like Reply
Wendell Moore Jr (6'4.25" w/o shoes, 7'0.5" wingspan) is another player I am liking in the #26 range.
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 07:00 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Wendell Moore Jr (6'4.25" w/o shoes, 7'0.5" wingspan) is another player I am liking in the #26 range.

I like him more than Jake LaMota.  Love WMJ's wingspan but Tankathon does not give him good defensive marks.  50/41/81 shooting numbers w/ 5.3rbs, 4.4ast and 1.4stl his JR year.  Coming from Duke could he be a Shane Battier type player?
Like Reply
Kendall Brown (6'6.25" w/o shoes, 6'11" wingspan) is another guy I have my eye on at #26.
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 03:25 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I don’t get this. I said the jury is still out because he’s still not been in the league for long and is still in the league. Sure, relative to the pick position, he can’t be more than a single (or like I said, a walk on base) but to me, the jury is still out on him.

He was a top 10 pick made at a time when the franchise needed a reboot. He demonstrated very quickly that he was incapable of providing that reboot and is now having trouble maintaining employment as a professional. 

The draft position has EVERYTHING to do with it, imo. Satnam Singh was a lesser player, but in terms of what was at stake and the other players available when DSJ was selected, I’d argue that he was the bigger whiff.
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 08:31 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Kendall Brown (6'6.25" w/o shoes, 6'11" wingspan) is another guy I have my eye on at #26.

Here is some film on him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcS3VxXY0g
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 06:42 PM)Kammrath Wrote: As others have mentioned, I also like Jalen Williams (6'4.5" w/o shoes, 7'2.25" wingspan).

Here is his film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLCuLHZe_uw
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 06:38 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Another player I am intrigued with (who might be there at #26) is Jake LaRavia (6'7" w/o shoes, 6'9.5" wingspan). 

His film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQCgWgjZ2U
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 07:00 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Wendell Moore Jr (6'4.25" w/o shoes, 7'0.5" wingspan) is another player I am liking in the #26 range.

His film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm9H_PP1RMU
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 06:34 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am just beginning to dive into draft stuff.... so far I am really liking Tari Eason (6'7" w/o shoes, 7'2" wingspan) as a fit with what I think the Mavs need. But zero chance he is there at #26. 

Question: 

What do you think it would take to trade with ATL and move up to #16 if Eason were to be there? We know everything is on the table for ATL this offseason, so it seems they would be open to moving the pick in the right scenario.

His film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2__9wBw_Ip0
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • VintagePejav2
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/statu...5998946310
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/statu...4540898304
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • VintagePejav2
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/statu...1640192000
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/statu...9873086465
Like Reply
For those snubbing our pick, just remember we're getting beat by Poole/Looney/Green ....
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
Like Reply
otes from the Athleticism

LaRavia Madness
The draft community buzzed with speculation following Jake LaRavia’s choice to not play five-on-five action, wondering if the [b][b]Wake Forest[/b] forward had a promise following a strong first day at the combine. He measured out at 6-foot-8, he tested well athletically for what was expected, and he was one of the best players to participate in the shooting drills. He also posted one of the best scores in the lane-agility drill, a surprising result for a player whose main concern for teams revolves around his ability to defend guards out on the perimeter when in switches.[/b]
Ultimately, LaRavia pulled out of the rest of the events simply because he and his agency are comfortable with his general range, not because he already has a specific destination. The goal was to show that he could shoot and that he was more athletic than expected, and that mission was accomplished by the time Wednesday night rolled around. LaRavia should be expected to hear his name called somewhere in the top 35 on draft night and has a very good chance starting at pick No. 20. Size, shooting and elite feel for the game are a tough combination to find, and a lot of contenders have real interest in him within those final 10 picks of the first round.

Measurement guys
  • [b][b]Mark Williams[/b][/b] (Duke) came in at 7-foot-2 in shoes with a 7-foot-7 wingspan and a 9-foot-9 standing reach. That standing reach is actually the second-biggest of all time behind [b]Celtics[/b] legend Tacko Fall. Williams has a very good chance to hear his name called in the lottery on draft night by the end of the process.

• Likely lottery pick Dyson Daniels (G League Ignite) backed up his rumored growth in terms of height, measuring 6-foot-7 1/2 in shoes as a guy who plays about half of his time as a lead guard. He also has a 6-foot-10 1/2 wingspan and an 8-foot-10 standing reach that is among the elite for combo guards in the last decade. NBA teams had been hearing for weeks that Daniels had grown over the last year, so getting this down on paper for him was enormous. He’s likely to hear his name called in the top 10.

• Wisconsin guard [b][b]Johnny Davis[/b][/b] did himself some good by coming in at more than 6-foot-4 without shoes, when some teams had some very real concerns that he’d be about that height with shoes. At 6-foot-5 3/4 in shoes with an 8-foot-7 1/2 standing reach, Davis looks well-suited to playing either wing position now as opposed to coming in with measurements that would leave him position-locked as a two.

• [b][b]Tari Eason[/b][/b] (LSU) measured as well as expected at 6-foot-8 in shoes with a 7-foot-2 wingspan. The thing that popped off the page though was his 11-inch hand-width. That’s essentially a [b]Kawhi Leonard[/b]-like mark, as the former [b]San Diego State[/b] forward had 11 1/4-inch hands when he was at the combine back in 2011. Eason had the biggest hands at this combine. It’s hard to come up with a more ideal frame for a combo forward than Eason’s.

• Overtime Elite forward Dom Barlow has drawn real interest from NBA teams throughout this process due to his size, athleticism, length and shooting ability. He’s definitely a project, but his measurements confirmed why he’s a project that’s worth the investment. Barlow came in at 6-foot-10 in shoes with a 9-foot standing reach and a 7-foot-3 wingspan. That’s even bigger across the board than what teams expected, along with 10 1/2-inch hands. The hype with Overtime Elite all season has been centered around Jean Montero. It wouldn’t be a surprise to see Barlow actually be the first OTE player selected.

• A couple of other perimeter players with great length/enormous hand combinations: Justin Lewis at Marquette was 6-foot-7 1/2 with a 7-foot-2 1/2 wingspan, along with 10 1/2-inch hands. NBA teams already had Leonard Miller’s measurements from Nike Hoop Summit, but he also came in again at 6-foot-10 with a 7-foot-2 wingspan and 10 1/2-inch hands. Guys with these kinds of frames and perimeter-style games tend to figure it out at the NBA level at some point in their trajectory. Think O.G. Anunoby, Jerami Grant, [b]Christian Wood[/b][b]Pascal Siakam[/b] and others. These guys all went outside of the top 20, but made it work at the next level. Don’t be surprised if the Barlows, Lewises and Millers of the world end up being the next ones to do so.

• Some other surprises: Drew Timme came in with a plus-six wingspan, although as referenced previously he did come in just a touch shorter than hoped at 6-foot-9 …[b]Baylor[/b] wing [b][b]Kendall Brown[/b][/b] came in a bit shorter than expected with a 8-foot-7 standing reach, meaning he’s much more of a three than a four size-wise, even with his athleticism. … Purdue center [b][b]Trevion Williams[/b][/b] was just 6-foot-8 in shoes, but he came in with a 7-foot-3 wingspan and a 9-foot-1/2 standing reach that will give him a shot to stick as a smaller, skilled center. He also was slimmed down a bit more than expected, which was a good sign for his continued physical improvement. … Arizona wing [b][b]Dalen Terry[/b][/b] only measured, but he did so outstandingly with a 6-foot-7 height in shoes and a near-7-foot-1 wingspan that will give teams hope on his developmental pathway as a bigger guard that can slide down to the wing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
I would go for a Powell replacement.  Jaylin/Kessler/Nsoza(might be a bit high but if he is good and he won’t be there later then just take him or get an early 2nd round pick and get him). 

I know teams get into trouble by going for need but there are a lot of options for guards in FA. Even on our bench you have Brown, Green, and Pinson. Not saying they are great but we need front court help. Even when we had our so called historic offense season two years ago I was saying that Maxi and Powell were poor interior defenders. They just don’t play with any force. 

Getting that position shored up in FA is not going to be easy. Even if you will address in FA, why not give yourself an extra chance via the draft to throw more darts on the board?
Like Reply