Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
2022 NBA Draft: #37 Jaden Hardy (6' 3", 6' 9" WS) to DAL | two 2nds to SAC
(05-23-2022, 12:20 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: It’s a long shot, but the Mavs staying on schedule as a team worthy of Luka depends critically on adding a Bane or Poole level player with this pick.  The Mavs need to do more than hit a single. They need an extra base hit this time.

When have the Mavs hit a single.?Luka is a home run. Brunson is a triple and everybody else is a strike out.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NBADraftWass/status/...2394397697
Like Reply
(05-23-2022, 12:50 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: When have the Mavs hit a single.?Luka is a home run. Brunson is a triple and everybody else is a strike out.
Luka is a grand slam while JB is a home run (esp considering his draft position). Crowder is about a double or triple. After that, you’re right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Roby is probably a single while DSJ, the jury is still out I think.
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 09:00 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Roby is probably a single while DSJ, the jury is still out I think.

I think draft position need to come into play which would make DSJ a strike out or ground out.  

How far do we want to go back?  Crowder is probably our best next most recent pick that is still in the league.
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 01:28 PM)cow Wrote: I think draft position need to come into play which would make DSJ a strike out or ground out.  

How far do we want to go back?  Crowder is probably our best next most recent pick that is still in the league.
I think if they’re still in the league past 4-5 years they have to be a single regardless of draft position (I guess maybe more of a walk, right? On base at the very least if they are still a part of the hardest league to play in!).
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/basketbllnews/status...9730463744
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 04:58 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I think if they’re still in the league past 4-5 years they have to be a single regardless of draft position (I guess maybe more of a walk, right? On base at the very least if they are still a part of the hardest league to play in!).

I know he was playing fine for the Portland but that team was basically a G League team towards the end of the season.   Let's call him a "hit by pitcher" with Cubes the batter and take a fastball to the family jewels.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 08:49 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Luka is a grand slam while JB is a home run (esp considering his draft position). Crowder is about a double or triple. After that, you’re right.

Crowder is more of a single to me. The Mavs could really use a Josh Howard or Brunson level player with this late pick. That would be a needed double or triple.
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 11:53 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Crowder is more of a single to me. The Mavs could really use a Josh Howard or Brunson level player with this late pick. That would be a needed double or triple.
I don’t, he’s not really a triple, but he has started and continues to be a contributor on every team he’s played on. That deserves more than a single to me.
Like Reply
Brunson is a homerun.  Redraft 2018 and the dude would go in the top 10.
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 12:11 AM)cow Wrote: Brunson is a homerun.  Redraft 2018 and the dude would go in the top 10.

Made me look at the draft class. Not 2003 or 1984 but four years into their careers it looks like one of the best draft classes in history. Brunson turned into a legit highly efficient 20ppg playmaker and he barely makes the top 10.

Ayton
Doncic 3 allstar, 3 all NBA 1st
Jackson 1 all defense 1st
Young 2 allstar, 1 all NBA 3rd
Mikal Bridges 1 all defense 1st
SGA
Miles Bridges
Robert Williams 1 all defense 2nd

Would pick all of them over Brunson. Add Sexton and MPJ. Just looking at the numbers they had better seasons than Brunson but both cannot stay healthy. Would take Brunson over Anfernee Simmons. Both had breakout seasons but Brunson is more consistent.

Depth is even better than top level. Compared to other draft classes the list of solid role players is nearly endless.

Bamba
WCJ
DiVincenzo
Walker IV
Huerter
Grayson Allen
Shamet
Graham
Mitchell Robinson
Trent JR
Bruce Brown
Melton
Milton
Holiday

All of them are starting or at least playing 20+ minutes. Late first / early second round was stacked.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/statu...6885854209
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 03:20 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Made me look at the draft class. Not 2003 or 1984 but four years into their careers it looks like one of the best draft classes in history. Brunson turned into a legit highly efficient 20ppg playmaker and he barely makes the top 10.

Ayton
SGA
Miles Bridges

Would pick all of them over Brunson. Add Sexton and MPJ. Just looking at the numbers they had better seasons than Brunson but both cannot stay healthy. Would take Brunson over Anfernee Simmons. Both had breakout seasons but Brunson is more consistent.

Depth is even better than top level. Compared to other draft classes the list of solid role players is nearly endless.

Bamba
WCJ
DiVincenzo
Walker IV
Huerter
Grayson Allen
Shamet
Graham
Mitchell Robinson
Trent JR
Bruce Brown
Melton
Milton
Holiday

All of them are starting or at least playing 20+ minutes. Late first / early second round was stacked.

I read stuff like this (which I agree with) and can't help but feel bad for Kings fans.  All that available talent, the #2 pick, and they still end up missing.
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 03:20 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Made me look at the draft class. Not 2003 or 1984 but four years into their careers it looks like one of the best draft classes in history. Brunson turned into a legit highly efficient 20ppg playmaker and he barely makes the top 10.

Ayton
SGA
Miles Bridges

Bamba
WCJ
DiVincenzo
Walker IV
Huerter
Grayson Allen
Shamet
Graham
Mitchell Robinson
Trent JR
Bruce Brown
Melton
Milton
Holiday

I think MPJ would still slip out of the top ten for the very reason he did in the first place, injuries.  Sadly.
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 09:00 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Roby is probably a single while DSJ, the jury is still out I think.

Your assessment of Luka, Brunson and Crowder was right on the money, imo.

But THIS? DSJ is one of the worst picks they've ever made. The Green pick is better than the DSJ pick.
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 03:19 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Your assessment of Luka, Brunson and Crowder was right on the money, imo.

But THIS? DSJ is one of the worst picks they've ever made. The Green pick is better than the DSJ pick.
I don’t get this. I said the jury is still out because he’s still not been in the league for long and is still in the league. Sure, relative to the pick position, he can’t be more than a single (or like I said, a walk on base) but to me, the jury is still out on him.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/GlobalScouting_/stat...6314382341
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 03:19 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: But THIS? DSJ is one of the worst picks they've ever made. The Green pick is better than the DSJ pick.

[Image: DazzlingPeriodicGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif]
Like Reply
I am just beginning to dive into draft stuff.... so far I am really liking Tari Eason (6'7" w/o shoes, 7'2" wingspan) as a fit with what I think the Mavs need. But zero chance he is there at #26. 

Question: 

What do you think it would take to trade with ATL and move up to #16 if Eason were to be there? We know everything is on the table for ATL this offseason, so it seems they would be open to moving the pick in the right scenario.
Like Reply