Poll: With the current injuries, defensive struggles, and rumors swirling what would you do with KP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hold on to him! --- This will pass and he will be an elite player once he can get in game shape and put these unlucky injuries behind him.
47.69%
31 47.69%
Trade him this deadline in March! --- His value is possibly at the highest it will be and the Mavs need to get whatever they can in return for him.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Give him the rest of the season, then trade him this summer! --- Let KP get back and play himself back into shape/health and increase his trade value, but then move him this summer because clearly he is not the right fit next to Luka and with RC.
24.62%
16 24.62%
Something else....post below.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS
(03-07-2022, 12:16 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: He looked good the few moments I saw him last night.   I will be very interesting to see how he does there.   I would love to get an honest look what the Mavs really thought of him.  I was always in the boat that KP should be more involved in the offense and not be viewed as just another DFS, Maxi, etc (guys who get shots when they are open and ready).  

Although I was starting to get the point if giving KP more touches was worth taking the ball out of Luka's hands.   It always seemed like it was awkward fit when we tried to get KP his shots.   Since KP has been traded the offense just feels much more fluid.   Maybe it would have worked out if KP could have been more efficient on offense and stayed healthy.   Or maybe it didn't matter.  It was always going to be an awkward fit and Dallas came to the concussion healthy or not, it was going to be very hard to win big here with him as your second best player.

KP might wind up with some solid numbers down the stretch this season and probably a game or two where he really pops.  He is playing with a collection of spare parts in Washington with Beal sidelined, much like he did in NY.

Didn't he average like 25 and 10 in games without Luka while in Dallas?

KP just doesn't fit when there is an elite talent on the floor with him.  He can't punish switches, he isn't an elite PnR player, he just doesn't do the things that would allow him to fit.  If Jokic or Embiid get a small switched on to them in a PnR with Murray or Harden...they are taking that mismatch into the post and abusing it.  KP doesn't have that ability.  That led to so many clunky possessions and awkward fall away shots against 6'3" guards.

He seems like a nice enough guy and is definitely a skilled player.  I just don't think he is a winning piece because he will never fit with other elite talent and you can't consistently run your offense through KP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply
No mentions on how KP fumbled the late-game last night for the Wizards?

1st post-up attempt: Couldn't handle the ball very well and had to pass for a bad late-clock shot.

2nd post-up attempt: Couldn't take advantage, tried to use the window and failed.

You can even see Kuzma's face of regret passing the ball to him in the post.

Not to mention his impressive 1 REBOUND in 26 minutes.
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
Like Reply
(03-10-2022, 07:15 AM)HAguiar95 Wrote: No mentions on how KP fumbled the late-game last night for the Wizards?

1st post-up attempt: Couldn't handle the ball very well and had to pass for a bad late-clock shot.

2nd post-up attempt: Couldn't take advantage, tried to use the window and failed.

You can even see Kuzma's face of regret passing the ball to him in the post.

Not to mention his impressive 1 REBOUND in 26 minutes.

Yeah, he could have been the hero if he canned that bank shot. Oh well... I expect him to play good the rest of the season. He has no pressure on him now.
Like Reply
Oof, out again tonight…
Like Reply
(03-13-2022, 12:21 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Oof, out again tonight…

For back to back...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
KP played 23 minutes tonight and was an astonishing -19 in plus/minus
Like Reply
I was looking at KPs stats since he's been at Washington
19.5pts & 7.7reb

Season stats
19.3pts & 7.7reb

So he's basically doing his thing but the team has one win and five losses. Just empty stats
Like Reply
KP with another good game for Washington.  One thing to watch is his free throw numbers.   He has been getting more than he did in Dallas.  I always wanted him to get 6 plus free throws a game.  With his percentage, that is an easy way to get points for him.  Can really help if he was having an off shooting game.
Like Reply
(03-20-2022, 09:10 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: KP with another good game for Washington.  One thing to watch is his free throw numbers.   He has been getting more than he did in Dallas.  I always wanted him to get 6 plus free throws a game.  With his percentage, that is an easy way to get points for him.  Can really help if he was having an off shooting game.
The MC effect. I’d be interested in seeing if any player that comes here keeps the same FT rate as they had before coming here/after leaving here.
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/pN4LJp0jLm0?t=15m51s

KP was watching the Mavs/ MIN game during his post-game interview. For all of the shit we gave him (sometimes deservedly so) he still bleeds blue.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • embellisher, MFFL
Like Reply
Look, I'm disappointed it didn't work out in DAL like everybody hoped. It was an idea that seemed good at the time with the heady excitement of Luka's rookie season and the way he was exceeding expectations.

I'm glad he looks happing in WAS. Personally, I think his success is because the lack of any other option make him the #1 guy, which he always wanted to be and was maybe a little pouty here in the glare of Luka's supernova. Not sure KP would be as content if Beal was playing and trying to get his numbers.

Having said that, can we just wish him well and let it go? Both sides seem content with the trade results, so no sour grapes.
[-] The following 3 users Like michaeltex's post:
  • DallasMaverick, embellisher, Jmaciscool
Like Reply
This is NOT the KP I remember

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wiz...ign-future
Like Reply
(03-30-2022, 09:31 AM)MFFL Wrote: This is NOT the KP I remember

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wiz...ign-future

Dominant offensive performances against the hapless Lakes and Pists impresses me not. But good luck to you, Kris. No hard feelings here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jommybone's post:
  • michaeltex
Like Reply
Twice in 2/3 of a month. So with KP they'll win around 20 games per year?
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1509583216054837252
Like Reply
(03-31-2022, 12:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1509583216054837252

https://twitter.com/dalton_trigg/status/...8991916032
Like Reply
Wow. DFS said that? 

So glad KP is gone!
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • Hogmelon
Like Reply
Friday's game will be huge. Both sides will want to make a statement...I expect KP to score at least 30, this will be the Wizards' championship game since they have nothing left to play for.
Like Reply
(03-31-2022, 02:46 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: I expect KP to score at least 30

I'll take the UNDER.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hogmelon's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(03-31-2022, 03:22 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: I'll take the UNDER.

I think it depends on Kidd. If Kidd wants to make sure KP doesn't go off, this team certainly knows exactly how to do that. On the other hand, Kidd knows KP can't beat you single-handedly, so he might decide to let KP 'get his' while shutting down the rest of the Wizards.
Like Reply