Poll: With the current injuries, defensive struggles, and rumors swirling what would you do with KP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hold on to him! --- This will pass and he will be an elite player once he can get in game shape and put these unlucky injuries behind him.
47.69%
31 47.69%
Trade him this deadline in March! --- His value is possibly at the highest it will be and the Mavs need to get whatever they can in return for him.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Give him the rest of the season, then trade him this summer! --- Let KP get back and play himself back into shape/health and increase his trade value, but then move him this summer because clearly he is not the right fit next to Luka and with RC.
24.62%
16 24.62%
Something else....post below.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS
https://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins/statu...6404343812
Like Reply
Honestly curious as to why we're still updating news on KP

He's gone. Its done with. Hope he plays well for the Wizards.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-03-2022, 02:56 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Honestly curious as to why we're still updating news on KP

He's gone. Its done with. Hope he plays well for the Wizards.

Stockholm syndrome?
Like Reply
(03-03-2022, 02:58 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Stockholm syndrome?

I can see that.

I also see in a lot of other Mav forums like Reddit where people are hellbent to "win" the trade. It's not enough for Dinwiddie and Bertans to do well, but also KP has to fail.  As if that seemingly justifies the trade even more. 

Of course I don't think anyone here actually subscribes to that idea. But it is pervasive and easy to fall into. 

I loved KP. I was a huge fan. I was an ardent defender of his for a long time. But even if I was the self proclaimed captain of KP island, I wasn't so blinded to his injuries. For him to make sense he had to stay healthy this season. It was the best case scenario. No prior injury rehab, a coach playing to his strengths, and ample rest, yet he still missed significant time. I'm not blaming him for getting COVID, but even still he's missed 22 games (and counting with his mystery knee injury) taking out the 7 he missed for COVID.

So that's why I was totally fine with the trade. Despite all of this he's still a really good, albeit flawed, player. I hope he does well for Washington and I hope he finally kicks the injury bug. I don't have much confidence in the latter but I still hope.

I didn't initially mean to write/rehash the same KP talking points when I started this. But nonetheless those are my thoughts and I hope we can move past the KP era.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Arioch, F Gump, Smitty
Like Reply
(03-03-2022, 02:56 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Honestly curious as to why we're still updating news on KP

Because judgments of the Mavs front office in a large part depend upon how the KP trade unfolds. 

The Mavs were ridiculed for the trade and I am curious how history will tell the story.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(03-03-2022, 05:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Because judgments of the Mavs front office in a large part depend upon how the KP trade unfolds. 

The Mavs were ridiculed for the trade and I am curious how history will tell the story.

Your rationale for "caring" is reasonable.

But any conclusions based on KP's current playing schedule are not.

While it's fun to take a victory lap when KP is sitting, the reality - as all of us are well aware - is that teams who are tanking will find any and every excuse to idle their better players. KP would certainly fit in that category, and it would be incredibly easy to find him an excuse-a-day, or (because he was already sitting when traded) just piggyback on the status quo.

Which direction the Wiz are TRYING to go from here is a bit murky, to be sure. But in a season where their star is out and where they'd almost certainly be one-and-done of they got to 10th, there's definitely incentive for them to work to head to the bottom (or as close to it as they can manage).
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • Arioch, omahen
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ChaseHughesNBCS/stat...1435905030
Like Reply
KP with 25 pts (3-4 threes, 8-10 FTs), 5 rebs, 2 blks in 21 mins in his debut. Good for him.

He tends to play well when he comes back from an extended time of rest. Will be interesting how his shooting in particular looks moving forward.

https://twitter.com/ChaseHughesNBCS/stat...5987985408
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/...5213631498
Like Reply
happy for the Bullets but know its fools gold
Like Reply
Great trade...both teams won
Like Reply
(03-06-2022, 08:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: KP with 25 pts (3-4 threes, 8-10 FTs), 5 rebs, 2 blks in 21 mins in his debut. Good for him.

He tends to play well when he comes back from an extended time of rest. Will be interesting how his shooting in particular looks moving forward.

https://twitter.com/ChaseHughesNBCS/stat...5987985408

Almost as good as Goga. Cool
Like Reply
(03-06-2022, 08:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/...5213631498

I blame Cuban Smile
Like Reply
We play the Wizards on April 1st. Looking forward to it
Like Reply
Great start by KP, but, so far:  SD123-KP25
[-] The following 1 user Likes WildArkieBoy's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
(03-06-2022, 11:43 PM)MFFL Wrote: We play the Wizards on April 1st. Looking forward to it

I know what this year's April fool's joke will be!
Like Reply
(03-06-2022, 11:53 PM)WildArkieBoy Wrote: Great start by KP, but, so far:  SD123-KP25

That's why he is the Unicorn, you never see him play
Like Reply
(03-06-2022, 08:59 PM)WildArkieBoy Wrote: happy for the Bullets but know its fools gold

FWIW, some of the WAS fans are saying the same thing about SD's performances in DAL.

KP always performed well when Luka was out because he became the offensive focus. With their depleted team, he may look good for the remainder of the year (unless, you know...injuries). The biggest question is how he fits once Beal comes back, with the knowledge that Beal will be playing for a SuperMax and will want to get his stats to validate the contract.
Like Reply
(03-07-2022, 09:33 AM)michaeltex Wrote: knowledge that Beal will be playing for a SuperMax and will want to get his stats to validate the contract

I think Beal will get his supermax this summer.
Like Reply
He looked good the few moments I saw him last night.   I will be very interesting to see how he does there.   I would love to get an honest look what the Mavs really thought of him.  I was always in the boat that KP should be more involved in the offense and not be viewed as just another DFS, Maxi, etc (guys who get shots when they are open and ready).  

Although I was starting to get the point if giving KP more touches was worth taking the ball out of Luka's hands.   It always seemed like it was awkward fit when we tried to get KP his shots.   Since KP has been traded the offense just feels much more fluid.   Maybe it would have worked out if KP could have been more efficient on offense and stayed healthy.   Or maybe it didn't matter.  It was always going to be an awkward fit and Dallas came to the concussion healthy or not, it was going to be very hard to win big here with him as your second best player.
Like Reply