Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
wow...we traded KP
Like Reply
So when do you think the Mavs news will drop?
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 02:36 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: wow...we traded KP

Wait… what?!?!

Bertrans and Dinwiddie?!

There’s a pick in there too…. Right…?
Like Reply
So is that it? Dinwiddie and Bertans for Porzingis?
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 02:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: But the other two are so good on defense they're borderline difference makers, which is what I'd prioritize next to KP. And, they're both the exact type of tweeter forward who I believe would be an ideal fit (so is Collins, for that matter).

I'd be happy with Collins, don't get me wrong.

Grant is not really that good on defense.  I don't have him in the same class as those two.  Not even close.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • Fuerza1
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 02:51 PM)mvossman Wrote: Grant is not really that good on defense. 

Agree to disagree. When he WANTS to play defense, I think he can be special on that end. I agree that motivation and how he sees himself being questions is not great.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 02:40 PM)soog Wrote: Wait… what?!?!

Bertrans and Dinwiddie?!

There’s a pick in there too…. Right…?

Of course. Washington gets a pick, too. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
DAvis Bertans (SPARE) and Spencer Dinwiddie (shell of his former self and teammates don't even want him there) under contract for MORE money and LONGER contracts
for KP AND one of the few draft assets we have....great.

I'm going to be watching all you folks who were going "trade him for anything" just EAT IT for the next 5 years and I will NEVER let you forget it either.

Be prepared for the spam to happen every time you offer an opinion.

If you sent him out for Hardaway, I'm cool...but this is stupid.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:00 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I'm going to be watching all you folks who were going "trade him for anything" just EAT IT for the next 5 years and I will NEVER let you forget it either.

Hey, I would've salary dumped him before I did this!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...2453395458
Like Reply
Go get Nic Claxton, Holmes, Wood, SOMETHING. I'm not watching this team give up 15+ OReb a game. WHAT A FUCKING DISGRACE.
Like Reply
Okay...wait up, let me breath.

Dinwiddie 
21-22 - 17 mill
22-23 -  18 mill
23-24 - 18 mill (partially guranteed for 10 mill)

Davis Bertans - who has played the SAME NUMBER OF GAMES AS KP THIS SEASON
21-22 - 16 mill

22-23 - 17 mill
23-24 - 18 mill
24-25 - 16 mill - player option

We got absolutely fleeced.

All the people talking about "well at least they are available"  NO THEY AREN'T.  Bertans hasn't played any more than KP this year and is currently OUT.  Dinwiddie is back from a major knee reconstruction that caused him to miss a season.

This is the disgrace....good job, all the folks who have been saying "just dump him" -- they listened to the messageboards...DO NOT COMPLAIN ANY MORE NOW.

KP averages more points, rebounds, and blocks (what we really needed) that both of them put together.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TXBamanut's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:09 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Okay...wait up, let me breath.

Dinwiddie 
21-22 - 17 mill
22-23 -  18 mill

21-22 - 16 mill

22-23 - 17 mill
23-24 - 18 mill

All the people talking about "well at least they are available"  NO THEY AREN'T.  Bertans hasn't played any more than KP this year.

This is the disgrace....good job, all the folks who have been saying "just dump him" -- they listened to the messageboards...DO NOT COMPLAIN ANY MORE NOW.

This was not a dump though but if Bertans returns to form of 40% from three then we are good. 

This is us hitting the rest button on Donnie's fuckup.
Like Reply
Smile 
(02-10-2022, 03:08 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Go get Nic Claxton, Holmes, Wood, SOMETHING. I'm not watching this team give up 15+ OReb a game. WHAT A FUCKING DISGRACE.

Lower your expectations, Mavs would be lucky to get Moe Wagner.
There is a new bar for Mavs trades  Big Grin
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:11 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: This is us hitting the rest button on Donnie's fuckup.

Look at Portland how you hit a reset. This is not it. This is being locked in an expensive mediocre team with few assets to turn it around.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:09 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: they listened to the messageboards.

No, they didn't.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:13 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Lower your expectations, Mavs would be lucky to get Moe Wagner.
There is a new bar for Mavs trades  Big Grin

I'll take it. I don't want to see Maxi, DP or Chriss playing more than 25mpg. Play Luka at C, who cares.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:14 PM)omahen Wrote: Look at Portland how you hit a reset. This is not it. This is being locked in an expensive mediocre team with few assets to turn it around.

CJ McCollum was not a negative asset. 

Its very likely that this was the best offer. SMH
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:11 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: This was not a dump though but if Bertans returns to form of 40% from three then we are good. 

This is us hitting the rest button on Donnie's fuckup.

He's shooting 31% from 3 is injured and has only been available for the same amount of games as KP.

That's a terrible take, man.  Do you even realize what you did there?  You are going "Hey, let's wait until he gets healthy, and then maybe he can get back to form and shoot 2% more from 3 than KP and putting up about 1/3 of the stats that KP was putting up."

He has EVERY concern that KP has and barely any of the upside except he makes less money...that's it.  And we'll still be paying Bertans after KP's contract is up.

Both of those players TOGETHER average less points, less rebounds than KP.  They both have injury history and both are on bad contracts....man, there is no upside on this trade at all.

All those folks who lobbied for Bertans and trash....just suck it up and deal with it.  We would have been better to keep KP and the only way that isn't true is if the injury was a bigger deal than it was reported OR he was faking it to do a silent trade demand (which could be true).  Just speculation no rumor, nothing.

(02-10-2022, 03:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: No, they didn't.

Dude, there were people on here proposing with a straight face a package iwth Davis Bertans and other Washington players (not Beal) for KP..I know because I gave them an crap load of grief on it...and they are hiding right now or hoping that I forgot who they were...but I didn't.

The Mavs are legitimately last on the list of the teams that traded people....the only thing worse was like the Lakers who didn't make a deal, but honestly, I think the Lakers kicked our tail today doing nothing.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:09 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Okay...wait up, let me breath.

Dinwiddie 
21-22 - 17 mill
22-23 -  18 mill

21-22 - 16 mill

22-23 - 17 mill
23-24 - 18 mill

All the people talking about "well at least they are available"  NO THEY AREN'T.  Bertans hasn't played any more than KP this year and is currently OUT.  Dinwiddie is back from a major knee reconstruction that caused him to miss a season.

KP averages more points, rebounds, and blocks (what we really needed) that both of them put together.

You told us that he would recover some value. Mavs should have traded him in the summer and be done with it. Instead we learned that you couldn´t have been more wrong. The team once again performed better without him (certainly did not fall apart) and now that we have finally confirmed that he never had any value and didn´t increase his value they swallowed the pill. Waiting even longer would have accomplished nothing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply