Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
Lightbulb 
@"vfromlmf" said....

2021 Summer Trade Season probably deserves it's own thread ...

I think the biggest names - Lillard and Beal - are unlikely to be moved but there are some interesting second fiddles / All Stars and high-end starters who could be ...

Simmons. Morey is doing the right thing by asking for the moon but it's a tremendous risk to bring him back. As of now, there's hope that he'll improve his shot and mentality over the summer. But if he opens the season in Philly and looks like the same player (offensively) his value is going to tank more than ever.

Siakam. A lot of smoke here. Maybe some in the locker room too.

Porzingis. It's funny how quickly many folks here turned on KP. The Luka + KP pick & roll was among the best in the league and KP had his best year offensively. But the injuries, defensive issues and reported malcontent are real. There's also the eye test. It just doesn't seem like Luka + KP mesh.

McCollum. A top 10 shooting guard + Lillard gives Portland one of the best backcourts in the NBA but would they be better off pairing Dame with more talent in the front court?

Turner. Defensive player of the Year candidate has been rumored to be on the move several years in a row. Does Carlisle think he can make it work with Sabonis?

Hield. Not an All Star but he's a starter on big money. Can shoot the lights out, like THJ on steroids.

Bojan Bogdanovich & Joe Ingles. Utah is looking to take the next step and both are rumored to be available.

Probably some others ... who am I missing?
Like Reply
@"omahen" said...

Cleveland with Sexton. Sure they would love to dump Love but I don't think there will be takers, I think there will be a buyout. There was a rumor they would like to trade Osman and Nance for expiring salary (Mavs, please use the TPE!)

Houston would certainly love to move their vets (Gordon, Augustin, House) for draft compensation, but not really good value to be had.

Same as Houston Orlando will probably also move their vets (Harris, Ross) for the right price.

Portland has to do something. Will they move McCollum or can they do stuff with Jones/Covington/Nurkic contracts?

I am almost certain Sacramento will move Bagley.

Indiana is probably looking for some savings and they don't need Lamb (Mavs please use the TPE!)

I think Derrick White could be on the move for the right price.
Like Reply
Can someone please make a viable trade that brings Coby and Derrick White along with Lauri Markannen to the Mavs while trading KP and Brunson out and any other assets (from all teams) to make it work???

Then pick up someone like Millsap to start and end games at C for us?
Like Reply
I don´t blame Ben Simmons one bit for telling Philly to go f*** themselves. The part that would give me pause is him pulling out from the Australian Olympic team to work on his game. I don´t think he needed to work on his game for other teams to convince them of his value and winning a medal seems a nice way to lick your wounds. I sure would have liked to see how that semifinal plays out with Simmons on Durant.
Like Reply
Australia wouldn't have medaled if Simmons played. Patty Mills is a better scorer than him.
Like Reply
(08-10-2021, 10:43 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Can someone please make a viable trade that brings Coby and Derrick White along with Lauri Markannen to the Mavs while trading KP and Brunson out and any other assets (from all teams) to make it work???

Then pick up someone like Millsap to start and end games at C for us?

Don't we want to get more from a KP trade than that? If we can't get more than that then we have to get him playing well and rehabbing that rep.
Like Reply
One could argue there are four teams who really need to do something and each has something that would help the other. I doubt anything of this magnitude gets done but you have:

The Sixers must move Simmons, full stop. KP, Siakam and McCollum all make sense here.

The Mavs, if Stephen A Smith is to be believed, have to move KP to keep Luka happy. Siakam, McCollum and Simmons all make sense here.

The Blazers have to do something different to keep Lillard happy. They won't trade Dame so McCollum has to go. Siakam, KP and Simmons all make sense here.

And the Raptors have Dragic who has said publicly he doesn't want to be there and Siakam who is disgruntled. McCollum doesn't really work here, but KP and Simmons both make a lot of sense.
[-] The following 3 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • DallasBasketball, Jommybone, Kammrath
Like Reply
(08-10-2021, 11:04 AM)Branduil Wrote: Australia wouldn't have medaled if Simmons played. Patty Mills is a better scorer than him.

Yeah I know you think he´ll be out of the league in 12 months. Obviously they both would have started and Simmons would nominally have been the center.
Like Reply
(08-10-2021, 11:45 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: if Stephen A Smith is to be believed,

https://c.tenor.com/mx9fNn1S4PwAAAAM/spit-take.gif
[-] The following 5 users Like Arioch's post:
  • ClutchDirk, DaRiv, mvossman, Scott41theMavs, TXBamanut
Like Reply
Has anyone every hated a player as much as @"Branduil" hates Simmons? 

It's approaching @"IamDougieFresh" Dwight Powell levels. I'm loving this!
Like Reply
(08-10-2021, 11:55 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Has anyone every hated a player as much as @"Branduil" hates Simmons? 

I'm hurt you left me off the list with WCS.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-10-2021, 11:55 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Has anyone every hated a player as much as @"Branduil" hates Simmons? 

Seems like you hate someone that much...but can't remember who it is...someone who people wanted to sign or trade for. Who was that? Not doing a bit, I really just can't remember.
Like Reply
(08-10-2021, 12:05 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Seems like you hate someone that much...but can't remember who it is...someone who people wanted to sign or trade for. Who was that? Not doing a bit, I really just can't remember.

lol, there were several. Dinwiddie is probably who you're remembering.
Like Reply
(08-10-2021, 12:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: lol, there were several. Dinwiddie is probably who you're remembering.

Also Johnny Milwaukee.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • ClutchDirk, ItsGoTime, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(08-10-2021, 11:12 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Don't we want to get more from a KP trade than that? If we can't get more than that then we have to get him playing well and rehabbing that rep.
I've long thought watering down KP's potential and money is the way to go. The potential of Coby and Lauri combined with the solid play of Derrick is enough for me to pull the trigger, ESP. if Lauri is a good PnR partner for Luka. If all 3 turn out to be 15-20 ppg guys, that gets me what I want out of KP and JB.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(08-10-2021, 11:45 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: The Sixers must move Simmons, full stop. KP, Siakam and McCollum all make sense here.

The Mavs, if Stephen A Smith is to be believed, have to move KP to keep Luka happy. Siakam, McCollum and Simmons all make sense here.

The Blazers have to do something different to keep Lillard happy. They won't trade Dame so McCollum has to go. Siakam, KP and Simmons all make sense here.

And the Raptors have Dragic who has said publicly he doesn't want to be there and Siakam who is disgruntled. McCollum doesn't really work here, but KP and Simmons both make a lot of sense.

Highest Ceiling
1./2. Simmons/Kristaps
3. Siakam
4. McCollum

Best Player available
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?

Largest fall from grace
1. Kristaps
2. Simmons
3./4. N/A

Anyone want to take a shot at BPA b/n these 4?

Seems obvious that Mavs would only be interested in Siakam or McCollum, does anyone disagree?
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NBCSKings/status/142...5717947392
Like Reply
Are all the new FA contracts DAL is signing tradeable this offseason or do they have to wait out the 60 day (or whatever length) no trade period?
Like Reply
I think Simmons and KP are close, both with respect to upside and fall-from-grace.

For all folks complain about KP, few would be surprised if he went to another team and averaged 26/10 as a team's primary option. He has the talent to be a franchise player if he can stay healthy. It's also not lost on me that nearly everyone in Dallas wanted to trade Dirk because he couldn't play defense or score over Matt Barnes in the 2007 "We Believe" playoffs. 

The big question with KP is health related. If he can prove he's healthy, and regain his lateral movement, his value around the league will really improve.

I don't see Simmons ever winning an MVP, or even being a good team's second best scoring option, but I do think he can win DPOY as a good team's second best player. (I also think he has the potential to fit extremely well with Luka.) 

In some ways there are bigger questions with Simmons simply because I don't think he'll ever shoot well enough to reach his full potential. He's been asked to do too much and what he brings to the table on the interior is just a bad fit with Embiid. 

Who you value more comes down to the roll you envision for each player. If you want KP to space the floor, defend and play second fiddle, he may not be a fit. But if you want a floor spacing primary scoring option and weak side shot blocker, and you pair him with a beefy center like he had in New York - e.g. Embiid - I think KP can do that at a very high level.

Likewise, if you want Simmons to space the floor and score late in games, that will likely never happen. But if you want a guy to facilitate and lower the usage of your dominant crunch time scorer - e.g. Luka - and surround him with good shooters, I think Simmons can do that at a very high level.
[-] The following 2 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • DallasBasketball, Jmaciscool
Like Reply
(08-10-2021, 11:45 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: One could argue there are four teams who really need to do something and each has something that would help the other. I doubt anything of this magnitude gets done but you have:

The Sixers must move Simmons, full stop. KP, Siakam and McCollum all make sense here.

If there was any serious thought of moving KP, it should have been done before free agency.  Holmes was one of the best deals out there.  We could of had him for 13 mil, which makes tons of sense with no KP.  I think they are going to give it a year with a new coach to see if they can make it work (and if nothing else, boost his value).  And Dragic just apologized to Toronto fans.  I'm afraid the most likely outcome is that we walk into the season with this shit show constructed roster as is.
Like Reply