Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullock Bust Watch
I think the undeniable fact is that this version of the Mavericks will only reach their potential if Bullock and THJ both start to play well. 

THJ from the bench has been tried before, twice, and it didn't really work. Personally, I think that's because he's just not a "microwave" type who can just enter the game with a create shots mindset. I think both Brunson and Burke are better choices in a role like that. But, maybe this time it will work better - different offense, etc. Maybe this team will be better at creating many opportunities for him in shorter stints. It's possible. It seems to have been good for him in one game, but then again, it was against one of the worst teams in the NBA. 

And maybe starting, whether permanently or temporarily, will help Bullock get out of his slump, too. 

I'm open to anything at this point, because both of those dudes need to be respected as shooters for this team to work. They're supposed to be the two most dangerous catch-and-shoot threats on the team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(12-02-2021, 02:14 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm open to anything at this point

Benching DFS?
Like Reply
(12-02-2021, 02:14 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Benching DFS?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(12-02-2021, 02:14 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Benching DFS?

That wouldn't be my thing to try, no. I think trying Hardaway off the bench was the right move at this time. 

I was a bit surprised that Brunson wasn't the insert, rather than Bullock, especially with the way Ntilikina and Burke have been playing. But, it worked against New Orleans!
Like Reply
I apologize for ever thinking Bullock was a good signing.
I have convinced myself of it after Mavs didn't go after Richaun.
I convinced myself of it because Lauri was a big and we have 2 many bigs and all Lauri does is shoot. And Reggie can do that.

I was wrong.
Like Reply
Are the Mavs cursed of never being able to fill this position?? 

How does Bullock become such a horrid shooter as soon as he signs with the Mavs?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-05-2021, 12:38 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: How does Bullock become such a horrid shooter as soon as he signs with the Mavs?

Crazy right?
I really thought a consistent 28 minutes a night would help get him back into rhythm. Even when we make the correct personnel decisions it still ends up failing somehow. I really liked the signing
Like Reply
Speechless.
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesConway's post:
  • BasketballJones41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Bullock is this decade's Wesley Matthews
Like Reply
He doesn't have it. I looked up his career numbers...he is Eastern Conference fool's gold. In his career, he has played for a few Western Conference teams - Clippers, Suns, Lakers, and now Mavs. He is a career 31% 3-pt shooter on those teams. Mavs got suckered once again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 10:31 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Bullock is this decade's Wesley Matthews

Don´t disrespect Matthews. Compared to Bullock he was closer to Seth Curry. 37% from 3 as a Mav.
Like Reply
Makes me miss Josh Richardson and that really shouldn´t be possible. Richardson by the way is having a way better season. Career high FG% and TS.
Something about Dallas turns the majority of 3&D wings into complete liabilities.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 10:40 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Makes me miss Josh Richardson and that really shouldn´t be possible. Richardson by the way is having a way better season. Career high FG% and TS.
Something about Dallas turns the majority of 3&D wings into complete liabilities.

He makes me miss Delon.
Like Reply
3pt shooting has huge variance, at least for everyone not surname-d Curry.

Statistically, the 3pt volatility levels are set using historic patterns, basically, and then stretching those patterns out another 10, 15% roughly.

> So?

So, Reggie Bullock is starting to test those historic patterns.

> When?

Today.
Saturday.
Friday. Last Wednesday and Tuesday.
Two Saturdays ago.

> All right. I get it.

>> F*** me.

>> Once this thing gets going in the wrong direction, this is f***ing huge.

> How huge?

>> Well, the losses are greater than the current estimate for being eliminated from the play-in games.

Projected losses.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...5215101957
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
Whoops, I was wrong @"sterlingmallory". I guess this was not an apology thread like I remembered it being.

Plenty of us stuck up for him in here, however.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • burekemde, sterlingmallory
Like Reply
(02-06-2022, 08:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Whoops, I was wrong @"sterlingmallory". I guess this was not an apology thread like I remembered it being.

Plenty of us stuck up for him in here, however.

I stuck up for his awesome hair cut...and not much else.
Like Reply
I had the sense before that Bullocks shot would start to fall in. His quick release and shooting mechanics just fit perfectly with the way Luka plays. What surprised me more is actually his defense. Earlier in the year i thought he wasnt exactly exelling on defense. He has been quiet great recently on defense and moves well and makes smart positioning. He is just a much better fit as that catch and shoot player next to Luka than THJ. Why? He has even quicker release, and he takes much wiser shots than THJ. He shots when the crease is there. We do see at least 2-3 shots per game from THJ where he literally is not open. Add to that Bullock better defense.

Still Bullock has some inconsistencies as a shooter, but its looking better and better. He is learning how to position himself in a Luka offense. His positioning waiting for the ball has improved. He is more pro-active rather than waiting as he did earlier this season. He knows when the pass is coming. This has significantly increased his confidence.

Its a little bit like QB and WR. Luka knows more about Bullock now and other way around. Luka is hitting him better, and Bullock just knows when the pass is coming and that the crease will be there, and literally there is no chance he will be blocked on the play. Then its like a 3 point shot contest.
Like Reply
(11-08-2021, 10:57 PM)Hypermav Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
I really like Bullock at the 3 and DFS at the 4.  With Bullock’s recent performance, I think he has earned a spot in the starting line up even after Maxi comes back.

How does this change the Mavs outlook for the rest of this season?

Does this make DFS more expendable?
Like Reply