Poll: Where are you from?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dallas
32.11%
35 32.11%
North America (not Dallas)
35.78%
39 35.78%
Europe
22.94%
25 22.94%
Asia
6.42%
7 6.42%
Australia
0.92%
1 0.92%
South America
0.92%
1 0.92%
Africa
0.92%
1 0.92%
Total 109 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CHECK IN: Where are you from?
@"Not an evil robot", come check in and tell us about yourself, pal!

It might inspire you to post more!  Big Grin
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
BUMP for @"Not an evil robot"'s incoming deets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 07:58 AM)fifteenth Wrote: I lived in Denton from 92 to 2013. Went to UNT then stuck around for a couple decades. I love Denton. Fully immersed in being a Fort Worth person now.  Smile

I watched a lot of games at bars on Fry Street back in the day and then later at Boomer Jacks on University Dr. In the 2000s.

That's pretty funny. We probably crossed paths at some point. I used to work in a recording studio in Denton right on Elm st. That was around 99-2001.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 2 users Like audiosway's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
I used to get a slice of pizza at that hole-in-the wall off Fry when I was a terrible student around the same time.

Also, grew up in and around Dallas.
[-] The following 2 users Like BoredAssistant's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-21-2022, 10:37 AM)BoredAssistant Wrote: I used to get a slice of pizza at that hole-in-the wall off Fry when I was a terrible student around the same time.

Also, grew up in and around Dallas.

Are you talking about the Flying Tomato (laster, just the Tomoato)? That was best pizza place ever!
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(01-21-2022, 11:02 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Are you talking about the Flying Tomato (laster, just the Tomoato)? That was best pizza place ever!

Don't recall the name but I remember it being some good pizza!  I also liked that single slices were pretty cheap for a student.  It was kinda near the bookstore (iirc) across from the GAB or some other university buildings and there were like 2 bars around there also.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-21-2022, 11:15 AM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Don't recall the name but I remember it being some good pizza!  I also liked that single slices were pretty cheap for a student.  It was kinda near the bookstore (iirc) across from the GAB or some other university buildings and there were like 2 bars around there also.

Oh, that might have acutally been JJ's...or was it J and J's that then eventually moved to the square. Yeah, that was good too! The cheap, pizza by the slice, sparked my memory on that one. In fact, I probably, once upon a time, got a piece of pizza there, and then walked across the street to watch a Mavs game at one of the bars.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Hi everyone,

im new here. Reading for a long time, but never registered. I am from Germany and obviously a Dirk Homer. Watching the NBA since the Jordan Days, but regularly really since Dirk joined the Mavs. In Germany you don´t switch teams, even when your favourite player isn´t playing anymore, so i will be a Mavs Fan till i stop breathing xD.

Greeting from Bavaria Germany

Slavius Smile
[-] The following 7 users Like Slavius's post:
  • BoredAssistant, cow, fifteenth, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, Paul Gasol, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(01-21-2022, 01:08 PM)Slavius Wrote: Hi everyone,

im new here. Reading for a long time, but never registered. I am from Germany and obviously a Dirk Homer. Watching the NBA since the Jordan Days, but regularly really since Dirk joined the Mavs. In Germany you don´t switch teams, even when your favourite player isn´t playing anymore, so i will be a Mavs Fan till i stop breathing xD.

Slavius Smile

Welcome, and thanks for saying hello!

Awesome that Dirk has brought new permanent fans to the Mavs. He's still contributing to the franchise, even into retirement.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, Slavius
Like Reply
(01-21-2022, 01:08 PM)Slavius Wrote: Hi everyone,

Slavius Smile

Just like on the Mavs roster, the more Germans around here the better.
[-] The following 4 users Like cow's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs, Slavius
Like Reply
Lake Highlands.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Benskix2's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-21-2022, 11:02 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Are you talking about the Flying Tomato (laster, just the Tomoato)? That was best pizza place ever!

They did have some good pizza. I also used to eat at NY Subs at least 2-3 times a week for lunch. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes audiosway's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(01-22-2022, 12:28 AM)audiosway Wrote: They did have some good pizza. I also used to eat at NY Subs at least 2-3 times a week for lunch. lol

That's my favorite sub place. The one on University or the one by the campus ( Ave D?)?
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(01-22-2022, 12:45 AM)fifteenth Wrote: That's my favorite sub place. The one on University or the one by the campus ( Ave D?)?

The one on University. Ate there ALL THE TIME. Those subs were amazing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes audiosway's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
[Image: 2107ba7da0a879582fc4ee3835b10f87.gif]
Like Reply
Hi y'all. Fort Worth guy here. Glad to find some good Mavs talk.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(01-01-2023, 03:17 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Hi y'all. Fort Worth guy here. Glad to find some good Mavs talk.

Happy new year to all of you Mavs companions! I'm from Germany, North-Rhine Westfalia, started watching the Mavs in 2012 or 2013 and fell in love especially with Dirk's and JJ Barea's game. Basketball was new to me at the time. Over the last years I forgot my password here and there was a time I was just unable to post or login even though I had the right password. I don't know what that was but I'm happy to be back. Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Time Machine Dirk's post:
  • Chicagojk, DallasMaverick, fifteenth, Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply
From TX.   Moved to Chicago after school (hence the name).  Been outside Washington DC since 2001.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply