Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
Re: our GM.  I listened to Jim Rome interview him yesterday on his show.  Loads of respect for Nico and feel really good about him as a leader and voice in the organization.  What is he as a GM?  I don't know yet, but if he's anything as a GM, as he is as a person, we'll be just fine and regardless, the organization will be a better organization for it.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
[-] The following 5 users Like TXBamanut's post:
  • fifteenth, Fuerza1, Kammrath, KillerLeft, Tyler
Like Reply
They list Grant and Wood as one who should be traded. Houston is also one of the teams where Brunson could actually be a starting PG. So how about something like Powell, Brunson and a couple of second rounders for Wood and Augustin in TPE? Starters would improve, bench would suffer, but we would keep our assets for a trade for a secondary creator at draft night or in 2023.

Luka-THJ-DFS-Wood-KP; Augustin-FN-Bullock-Maxi-WCS

Playing Keep or Swap with Every NBA Team's Most Tradable Player | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights
Like Reply
(11-21-2021, 12:16 PM)omahen Wrote: They list Grant and Wood as one who should be traded. Houston is also one of the teams where Brunson could actually be a starting PG. So how about something like Powell, Brunson and a couple of second rounders for Wood and Augustin in TPE? Starters would improve, bench would suffer, but we would keep our assets for a trade for a secondary creator at draft night or in 2023.

Not sure if I agree with gutting our whole bench offense for Wood alone. 

Out of Augustin/FN/Bullock/Maxi/WCS who is expected to generate shots consistently the same level as Brunson? If we wanted to run a lineup where Wood started but played mostly with the bench group, I don't even trust those guys to be able to consistently find the big man.

If there was a way to include Eric Gordon then my interest is piqued.

I really really like the idea of Grant to this team though.

Here's a pie in the sky 3 team trade:

Pistons get: Bullock/WCS/DFS 
Rockets get: Powell/Brunson
Mavs get: Wood/Grant

Mavs send out a 2027 first to Detroit and a couple seconds to Houston. 

Luka/THJ/Grant/KP/Wood is a mega strong lineup. Pretty much fixes all of our gripes.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-21-2021, 12:41 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Out of Augustin/FN/Bullock/Maxi/WCS who is expected to generate shots consistently the same level as Brunson?

No one, of course. But it is a two step improvement process. In the first step I improve the starting unit and improve bench in the summer. Augustin is just to have at least one pure PG for half a season. Before we find a permanent solution in the summer. Of course this is with a bit of speculation, that Brunson wants to be a lead guard, so Mavs would be removing the risk of him going in the summer for nothing. 

(11-21-2021, 12:41 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: If there was a way to include Eric Gordon then my interest is piqued.

I was thinking about that too, but it would take difficult salary decisions. We would need to add at least two more players, one of them being Bullock or Kleber. And I guess Houston is counting to get at least some assets for Gordon remaining year after this season. 

(11-21-2021, 12:41 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Here's a pie in the sky 3 team trade:

Pistons get: Bullock/WCS/DFS 
Rockets get: Powell/Brunson
Mavs get: Wood/Grant

Mavs send out a 2027 first to Detroit and a couple seconds to Houston. 

That would be awesome. I am affraid price for Wood would be 2 first rounders. But even with that I would pull the trigger, that would be an awesome win now move. Add a couple of decent pieces in the summer and Mavs can become contenders. Detroit has little to nothing use of the expiring DFS, but perhaps a third team with protected first rounder could get included. For example Bullock and DFS to NY for Fournier and a pick. 

Mavs this season would be:

Luka-THJ-Grant-Wood-KP
FN-Brown-Green-Maxi-Bobi/Brown (I guess also some other min contract pieces would be involved from Detroit and Houston)
Like Reply
Just started reading the piece and immediately at Atlanta already - where can I sign Smile

Every NBA Team's 2021 Trade Deadline Target List | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Edit: Burke must be a valuable commodity, as they have him under GSW too Smile
Edit 2: and Jazz
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
There are suggestion for a Porzinig Irving trade that would make sense. Does this make sense? I dont know enough abour Irving. Would he be better than kristaps for this team?
Like Reply
(11-26-2021, 02:51 PM)burekemde Wrote: There are suggestion for a Porzinig Irving trade that would make sense. Does this make sense? I dont know enough abour Irving. Would he be better than kristaps for this team?

Irving seems like biggest headcase in the league. And he changed far enough teams that one could not hope that all he needs is a change of scenery. Constant danger that he will blow up the locker room. I wouldn't do that trade.
[-] The following 10 users Like omahen's post:
  • Arioch, ballsrchr, burekemde, ClutchDirk, DrMav, ItsGoTime, michaeltex, mvossman, SleepingHero, Tyler
Like Reply
(11-26-2021, 03:06 PM)omahen Wrote: Irving seems like biggest headcase in the league. And he changed far enough teams that one could not hope that all he needs is a change of scenery. Constant danger that he will blow up the locker room. I wouldn't do that trade.

I agree that it is risky due to his attitude.

BUT that guy not only is the secondary creator this team needs...dude hits his shots.

Would be tempting...but I am probably passing unless I have Luka and irving meet and talk about what their expectations are playing with each other.

Would Irving feel the need to ball hog to show he thinks he is as skilled as Luka in games?
Like Reply
(11-26-2021, 02:51 PM)burekemde Wrote: There are suggestion for a Porzinig Irving trade that would make sense. Does this make sense? I dont know enough abour Irving. Would he be better than kristaps for this team?

If we were playing 2K and we had someone stable on the controller, it's a good trade...but then, no one would trade Porzingis then.  

You get Kyrie's skill, but you also get his head as well.  I don't hate the guy, but he has had or left with some bad feelings behind at just about every place he's been...in fact, I can't think of one place he didn't leave with stuff or have stuff while he was there.

Say what you want about Porzingis, he does keep it quiet when he was frustrated.  I don't buy all the noise into he was demanding a trade last year that the local podcasts have morphed the original report into.  It started with "KP wouldn't mind if he was traded" and then the "I hate KP" crowd took that and ran with it, telling it a little bigger every time you heard it.  Whatever his dissatisfaction, he handled it way better than Kyrie anywhere.

So...nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... I don't want him here.  I'll take 50-60 games a season KP over "box of chocolates on steroids" Kyrie.  Just too big of a risk for me.  There are people closer to the situation in Brooklyn than any of us and they seem not to know if he will even play or not this year.
[-] The following 5 users Like TXBamanut's post:
  • Arioch, burekemde, dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, Mapka
Like Reply
(11-26-2021, 04:09 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: I agree that it is risky due to his attitude.

BUT that guy not only is the secondary creator this team needs...dude hits his shots.

Would be tempting...but I am probably passing unless I have Luka and irving meet and talk about what their expectations are playing with each other.

Would Irving feel the need to ball hog to show he thinks he is as skilled as Luka in games?

Durant and Irving met to talk about expectations and soon after Irving quit trying to play every game he was healthy...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I would be scared to death to put Irving's personality next to Luka if I were Mark Cuban.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • embellisher, fifteenth, TXBamanut
Like Reply

Hell no. Irving´s brain is more broken than Porzingis´ body.
[-] The following 7 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • burekemde, dirkfansince1998, fifteenth, KillerLeft, michaeltex, Scott41theMavs, TXBamanut
Like Reply
Asuming that Cuban isn´t playing games and KP is part of the longterm plans the Mavs options are limited. I guess they are still waiting for a potential Dragic buyout.
In my opinion that is the right direction if they want to get the best possible results in the next two seasons. If Dragic stays in Toronto the next best (in my opinion better) option is Rubio. In a trade or as a MLE (rMLE, tax player MLE) next summer.
What would the Mavs need to add in a Rubio for Burke + Powell scenario? Salary works. Mavs can throw in a couple of 2nds and/or take back some additional longterm salary (Osman?).

Rubio or Dragic in combination with a minor move for a player that gets all WCS/Powell minutes is my best case scenario. Maybe Theis into the TPE, Rockets really don´t need a MLE veteran in his late 20s/early 30s).

But it really depends on Cuban´s willingness to pay the tax. If they want to stay under the tax line they cannot add any longterm salary. Especially if they want to keep Brunson and/or DFS.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • fifteenth, mvossman
Like Reply
(11-26-2021, 07:04 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Asuming that Cuban isn´t playing games and KP is part of the longterm plans the Mavs options are limited. I guess they are still waiting for a potential Dragic buyout.
In my opinion that is the right direction if they want to get the best possible results in the next two seasons. If Dragic stays in Toronto the next best (in my opinion better) option is Rubio. In a trade or as a MLE (rMLE, tax player MLE) next summer.
What would the Mavs need to add in a Rubio for Burke + Powell scenario? Salary works. Mavs can throw in a couple of 2nds and/or take back some additional longterm salary (Osman?).

Rubio or Dragic in combination with a minor move for a player that gets all WCS/Powell minutes is my best case scenario. Maybe Theis into the TPE, Rockets really don´t need a MLE veteran in his late 20s/early 30s).

But it really depends on Cuban´s willingness to pay the tax. If they want to stay under the tax line they cannot add any longterm salary. Especially if they want to keep Brunson and/or DFS.

I know this may be just emotional bias, but it just seems that ANY FREAKIN' PLAYER in the world that's decent can get a buyout all over the place....EXCEPT when the Mavs want the player.

I mean, loads of players who are really good can get a buyout if they want to go play with some particular player, but if you want to go play with Luka and the Mavs...NOOOoooooooooooooo, no can do...
[-] The following 1 user Likes TXBamanut's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
Just a thought experiment....

This probably smacks of desperation, but DAL feels like it is starting to stagnate into a steaming pile of doggy doodoo.

I was listening to a couple guys talking about how HOU is not playing Wall (and should they be forced to). Started wondering how (not if) DAL could trade for Wall ($44.3MM) + FRP. 

In an ideal world, we could swap KP + ?, but I don't think that's happening. The next two salaries are DP and THJ, which a lot here are currently down on, and their salaries get you to $32.4MM. Add in Burke and you are at $35.5MM, just inside the 125% limit. It would take a huge issue off the table for HOU and give them three players a hell of a lot more tradeable than Wall. DAL gets Wall and a FRP in appreciation.

Wall is getting paid this season and next, so 2022-23 will be a huge salary to manage.

I'm sure some of our more knowledgeable contributors can knock the stuffing out of this, but I submit it for consideration.
(And I know this can't happen until after 12/15.)
Like Reply
(11-30-2021, 03:23 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Just a thought experiment....

This probably smacks of desperation, but DAL feels like it is starting to stagnate into a steaming pile of doggy doodoo.

I was listening to a couple guys talking about how HOU is not playing Wall (and should they be forced to). Started wondering how (not if) DAL could trade for Wall ($44.3MM) + FRP. 

In an ideal world, we could swap KP + ?, but I don't think that's happening. The next two salaries are DP and THJ, which a lot here are currently down on, and their salaries get you to $32.4MM. Add in Burke and you are at $35.5MM, just inside the 125% limit. It would take a huge issue off the table for HOU and give them three players a hell of a lot more tradeable than Wall. DAL gets Wall and a FRP in appreciation.

Wall is getting paid this season and next, so 2022-23 will be a huge salary to manage.

I'm sure some of our more knowledgeable contributors can knock the stuffing out of this, but I submit it for consideration.
(And I know this can't happen until after 12/15.)

I doubt very much that a rebuilding team like HOU would give up a 1st to dump one and a half year of Wall. The best we could do is:

THJ/Powell/Burke for Wall/Theis (TPE). Maaaaaaaaybe we can get a prospect that they are not interested in, but that's it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes aguiar95's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
I might go for that just to shake things up. It's Cuban's money.

Not ready to just trade for some else's scrubs though. Need someone who has proven he's a contributor.

Not standing on a island saying Wall +? is the answer, just looking for paths forward.

I think I'd rather McCollum if POR craters, though.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1465767625233997824
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...8784244745
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/Zk9mW5OmXTz9e/giphy.gif
Like Reply