Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-18-2020, 04:24 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Hawks can have Rondo. If they want to pay Hayward 30 mil a year more power to them.  Gallo is interesting, but I assume they'd also have to massively overpay given he said he wants to win and would even take a paycut to do so. 

Hawks even with all 3 aren't competing with 76ers, Nets, Celtics, Bucks and Heat. So good luck.

Right but they do have some interesting players. Trae is a talent, I like Capela there. I will need to see the full roster but they could be at least a playoff team.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 04:24 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Hawks can have Rondo. If they want to pay Hayward 30 mil a year more power to them.  Gallo is interesting, but I assume they'd also have to massively overpay given he said he wants to win and would even take a paycut to do so. 

Hawks even with all 3 aren't competing with 76ers, Nets, Celtics, Bucks and Heat. So good luck.

Getting playoff experience is important for the youngsters so Gallo/Hayward would help bridge that gap to the team that is eventually would-be title contenders.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 04:33 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Right but they do have some interesting players. Trae is a talent, I like Capela there. I will need to see the full roster but they could be at least a playoff team.

I really have to see how they play over the season to even believe the Hawks have a chance at the playoffs next year. 

Trae/Rondo
Huerter/
Hayward/Reddish
Gallo/Hunter
Collins/Bembry

Their defense will be atrocious. Is this a better team than Orlando? Celts, Bucks, Heat, 76ers, Nets, Toronto is your top 6. Pacers make it 7. So really only the 8th seed is available. It'd be between Orlando, Washington, Bulls, Hawks (If they sign all 3).

It's  too early to say anything cause a lot can change but I think ATL has another year of development before they can be a playoff team, even in the lowly East.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 04:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Trae/Rondo
Huerter/
Hayward/Reddish
Gallo/Hunter
Collins/Bembry

You forgot Capella at C, Bembry is a guard, not C. Don't forget this year #6 pick, which could be another promising player. The future looks quite nice for Atlanta. Still plenty of assets left. Signing Hayward and Gallo (if it happens) is certainly better utilization of cap space than Wright/Curry combination Mavs managed to pull for max cap space...
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 04:38 PM)cow Wrote: Getting playoff experience is important for the youngsters so Gallo/Hayward would help bridge that gap to the team that is eventually would-be title contenders.
 I don't think playoff experience is guaranteed even if the Hawks sign all 3. Hayward is a great complimentary piece but he isn't the backbone he once was. Gallo's offense would be a great fit, but his lack of D, paired with Collins will make them a sieve on the defensive end. I can't imagine 34 year old Rondo will be the savior of the Hawks backcourt issues. 

The moves just don't make sense for the Hawks where they're at. I think Trae is forcing their hand.

(11-18-2020, 04:43 PM)omahen Wrote:
Huerter/
Hayward/Reddish
Gallo/Hunter
Collins/Bembry

You forgot Capella at C, Bembry is a guard, not C. Don't forget this year #6 pick, which could be another promising player. The future looks quite nice for Atlanta. Still plenty of assets left. Signing Hayward and Gallo (if it happens) is certainly better utilization of cap space than Wright/Curry combination Mavs managed to pull for max cap space...

I blame basketball reference. I was looking at this last year's roster, not 20-21. Even still. I doubt ATL wins more than 35 games this year.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 04:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 04:38 PM)cow Wrote: Getting playoff experience is important for the youngsters so Gallo/Hayward would help bridge that gap to the team that is eventually would-be title contenders.
 I don't think playoff experience is guaranteed even if the Hawks sign all 3. Hayward is a great complimentary piece but he isn't the backbone he once was. Gallo's offense would be a great fit, but his lack of D, paired with Collins will make them a sieve on the defensive end. I can't imagine 34 year old Rondo will be the savior of the Hawks backcourt issues. 

The moves just don't make sense for the Hawks where they're at. I think Trae is forcing their hand.

(11-18-2020, 04:43 PM)omahen Wrote:
Huerter/
Hayward/Reddish
Gallo/Hunter
Collins/Bembry

I blame basketball reference. I was looking at this last year's roster, not 20-21. Even still. I doubt ATL wins more than 35 games this year.

You still need to start winning and adding those guys is going to give you a fighting chance at a late seed.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...8860163075

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/...7651892224

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/stat...6999370752
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 04:54 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...8860163075

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 02:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Well, it's not over yet. 

Might be 100% made up.

Might be a done deal, but contingent on a certain player being there at 18.

...and anything in between.

I'm hoping with you @"Kammrath"

(11-18-2020, 02:04 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 01:55 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote:    Dinwiddie is more like a 6'6" JJB.

Bingo.  Was gonna post the same thing.

A 6'6" JJB????

A player that big who has mastered the pick and roll game to the extent Barea has would be a GREAT get, imo. 

You guys are both vouching for this comp?

Yes, he's a great pick and roll player that can create havoc with his penetration and can finish at the rim.

Barea was great here playing with Dirk but failed in his stint in MIN.  His outside shot wasn't consistent/good enough and he was a bad defender.  I think Dinwiddie could really run the offense pick and rolling with KP when Luka got rest.  

The defense and 3pt shot are real question marks.  3 and D is the #1 commodity in the NBA but Mavs also really seem to want another shot creator on the team.  Ideally, the same guy can do both like 2017 Oladipo but there aren't many of those guys available.

(11-18-2020, 03:29 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: There's such a premium on picks this year a smart GM would use this opportunity to dump Powell.

If it takes a 1st round pick #30 to dump Kanter's 1yr/$5 million contract...

Powell has a 3yr/$33 million contract coming off an achilles tear.  That's like way way way worse than the Kanter contract.  Powell is not going anywhere anytime soon.  You can bank on that.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...9483688961
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 05:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...9483688961

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5471487]
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...4328688642

https://twitter.com/MattBabcock11/status...4074756097
Like Reply
ALRIGHTY THEN
Like Reply
Here's two names I haven't heard a rumor about in a long, long time:

Rudy Gobert 
Jae Crowder

Gobert is the one that's more pertinent tonight, obviously, but has ANYONE seen a rumor about Crowder, like at all?
Like Reply
Oh damn Gallo would be fun at least.  Playing 5 out our offense might be more deadly than last year.
Like Reply
I swear if my SNT of Gallo plus trade for Green happens exactly as I posted you all best start calling me Nostradamus.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 05:19 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: I swear if my SNT of Gallo plus trade for Green happens exactly as I posted you all best start calling me Nostradamus.

I must have missed that. Post it again so I can be in the screencap. Smile
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1...51841?s=20

Whoops on the bucks lol

(11-18-2020, 05:19 PM)Tyler Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 05:19 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: I swear if my SNT of Gallo plus trade for Green happens exactly as I posted you all best start calling me Nostradamus.

I must have missed that. Post it again so I can be in the screencap. Smile

I think it's on the draft thread... I'll post it later. I'm headed out right now.
Like Reply
LMAO I Imagine Bogdan woke up from a night of partying to be like WTF.  No one asked me.
Like Reply

Maybe we'll call you Donnie

Bogdan to Dallas confirmed<--ooops, that needs context....brb
Like Reply