Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
John Collins...Our Third Star
So we don't target Collins. We go after Okongwu.

Opted in JRich and Maxi for Okongwu and Gallinari

Saves them money immediately and in the future. Gives them a high end backup to Collins that could play small ball C WITH Collins.
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 12:25 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: We go after Okongwu.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952468b27e7e861fd7aa8...y.gif&ct=g]
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 12:25 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: So we don't target Collins. We go after Okongwu.

Opted in JRich and Maxi for Okongwu and Gallinari

Saves them money immediately and in the future. Gives them a high end backup to Collins that could play small ball C WITH Collins.
I wonder if they’d be willing to trade Bogdanovich to help save money.
Like Reply
The Hawks would want a mint for a stud cost controlled front court player like Okongwu.  That team has amassed some exceptional depth. They’ll probably shuffle some guys around, but they’re not going to trade any of their cheap, young talent for the likes of Maxi and JRich. The Mavs will need to focus on the high priced veterans (Gallinari, Capella) if they want someone off that roster.
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 01:18 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The Hawks would want a mint for a stud cost controlled front court player like Okongwu.  That team has amassed some exceptional depth. They’ll probably shuffle some guys around, but they’re not going to trade any of their cheap, young talent for the likes of Maxi and JRich. The Mavs will need to focus on the high priced veterans (Gallinari, Capella) if they want someone off that roster.

LOL they aren't giving up Capela.
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 02:23 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: LOL they aren't giving up Capela.

If not Collins, then it´s Gallinari. They´ll probably use Reddish to make it happen (if they have to).
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 02:23 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: LOL they aren't giving up Capela.

I don’t disagree, but Capela is at least theoretically obtainable if Atlanta is looking to shed salary.  Okongwu, a 20 year old cost controlled future stud, really isn’t, particularly for a trade involving mediocre players, like pretty much the entire Mavs roster outside of Luka.  An Okongwu trade is going to bring a significant haul back to Atlanta. Maybe Gallanari is the realistic salary dump target if you’re looking to give up the likes of Maxi, Brunson, Green, etc.  Otherwise, I guess you just throw a full max at Collins and hope for the best, though it would be matched.
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 01:18 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The Hawks would want a mint for a stud cost controlled front court player like Okongwu.  That team has amassed some exceptional depth. They’ll probably shuffle some guys around, but they’re not going to trade any of their cheap, young talent for the likes of Maxi and JRich. The Mavs will need to focus on the high priced veterans (Gallinari, Capella) if they want someone off that roster.
Just trying to figure out how studly this 12 mpg regular season and 7.8 mpg playoff rookie who didn't get any votes for either all rookie teams is. I'm giving him value cause I'm willing to take on Gallinari's horrible contract and while Maxi isn't a stud, he fits any big rotation Atl wants to throw out on the court. JRich isn't anything special, but he's expiring and he could have some bench value. I mean, if they're trying to keep JCollins and all their other young studs, this is the angle I take. If they're willing to let Collins go, I'd actually prefer to take him off their hands, cause THAT is a young stud!

(06-24-2021, 04:40 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Maybe Gallanari is the realistic salary dump target if you’re looking to give up the likes of Maxi, Brunson, Green, etc.
This is basically saying we actually WANT Gallinari and that horrible contract. Why would we give up any actual asset to get that?
Like Reply
https://clutchpoints.com/john-collins-pr...ayoff-run/
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/andlankell/status/14...2141207552
Like Reply
Interesting article: https://www.theringer.com/2021/7/1/22559...nba-finals

I also never considered Capela as the veteran leader of the Hawks, but it seems, he has a good influence on the others.
Like Reply
Bobby Portis is putting up comparable numbers to Collins in this series so far...just saying  Big Grin
Like Reply
Kind of random related to John Collins but I had to look up his height.  If you would have asked me to guess, I wouldn't have come close to 6'9" he's listed at.  He just looks smaller to my eye for some reason.
Like Reply
(07-02-2021, 05:15 PM)cow Wrote: 6'9" he's listed at.

The listed heights are now 100% accurate and are (pretty certain) without shoes.
Like Reply
(07-02-2021, 11:09 AM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Bobby Portis is putting up comparable numbers to Collins in this series so far...just saying  Big Grin

As long as he doesn't break our Euros' faces, I'd love to see him in a Mavs uni. Think $15 mil a year gets it done?
Like Reply
(07-02-2021, 05:26 PM)Kammrath Wrote: The listed heights are now 100% accurate and are (pretty certain) without shoes.

I believe the listed height, he just looks small out there to me.  I'd have guessed closer to 6'7".
Like Reply
(07-02-2021, 05:15 PM)cow Wrote: Kind of random related to John Collins but I had to look up his height.  If you would have asked me to guess, I wouldn't have come close to 6'9" he's listed at.  He just looks smaller to my eye for some reason.

Small frame. No bulk. Listed at 235lbs. Would be suprised if he is close to 230. Below average wingspan (6´11).
Like Reply
(07-02-2021, 05:42 PM)cow Wrote: I believe the listed height, he just looks small out there to me.  I'd have guessed closer to 6'7".

Funny.  I’ve always thought the same thing. I love him anyway!
Like Reply
In another must-win playoff game:

John Collins: 13 points, 11 rebounds (31 minutes)
Bobby Portis: 12 points, 9 rebounds (32 minutes)

Confused
Like Reply
John Collins is an uber talented version of Dwight Powell.  He's not a guy you give the ball to in ISO situations and say go get me 30 points playing one on one.  I feel like some of you are expecting that from him because of the max contract talk.

He'd fit great with Luka but with Cuban now admitting we need a secondary scorer/creator, I doubt Collins is near the top of the Mavs wish list still.  I wouldn't doubt he was earlier in the season when they thought KP was a real #2.
Like Reply