Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
85.71%
6 85.71%
Celtics
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 46: DAL (25-21) @ BOS (23-25) | 113-108 win
(03-31-2021, 09:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, I constantly oscillate back-and-forth between “the Mavs desperately need more playmaking“ and “Luka needs to give up the ball earlier when he gets trapped.”

I think both are true to an extent, and maybe the biggest issue is that the team in general just hasn’t had quite enough experience dealing with that type of pressure. They sure did not look super prepared to deal with it tonight. If Luka keeps playing like this they are going to see a crap ton of that in the playoffs, so they need to work on it. Having Brunson on the floor isn’t enough if he and Luka don’t know how to work together in those situations.

Luka was a problem too no doubt.  He started dribbling out the clock around the 4 minute mark.  Boston was switching double teams onto him and we couldn't really make them pay.
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 09:40 PM)cow Wrote: Luka was a problem too no doubt.  He started dribbling out the clock around the 4 minute mark.  Boston was switching double teams onto him and we couldn't really make them pay.

Yeah, so they were pretty much only trapping him when he was able to force Kemba to switch onto the ball. The Celtics were quite content to allow either smart or Brown to guard him one on one, but Luka did not seem interested in going against them. They were a couple of possessions during which he carefully called for multiple screens just to make sure he got Kemba, only he then wouldn’t seem prepared for the double that we all knew was coming once that mission was accomplished. It was a super strange stretch of a game, in my opinion.
Like Reply
Do we have a RC thread? He has to stop clapping, it's getting on my damn nerves. Also this C's comeback is on him and Luka.
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 09:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, I constantly oscillate back-and-forth between “the Mavs desperately need more playmaking“ and “Luka needs to give up the ball earlier when he gets trapped.”

I think both are true to an extent, and maybe the biggest issue is that the team in general just hasn’t had quite enough experience dealing with that type of pressure. They sure did not look super prepared to deal with it tonight. If Luka keeps playing like this they are going to see a crap ton of that in the playoffs, so they need to work on it. Having Brunson on the floor isn’t enough if he and Luka don’t know how to work together in those situations.

All about coaching. The spacing is terrible and Luka struggles to find a single open man. More often than not two guys are in the corner, one in the dunkers spot and one guard at the top of the key.
Player in the dunkers spot has to move up to the highpost/FT-line, top of the key area. One of the guys in the corner needs to cut to the rim. Gu
Like Reply
I mean I can understand RC. Three pointers can quickly turn the game around and with Boston going with five small guys they probably would have open looks. But on the other hand, you just have to be able to exploit your size advantage. 

Also. Maxi and DFS have to do better on offense. They have to hit those WIIIIIIIIDE open three pointers. And they should be able to put it on the floor at least once without losing it. 

Still, I am very satisfied. Boston has tough defenders and Mavs resisted very well. Played smart for most of the time. Exploited defensive weaknesses of Boston in Fournier and Kemba. I am not sad at all Mavs didn't get Fournier. THJ is better. Only Luka and Brunson were really on fire on offense and it was enough. Green had good cameo. I think his role will slowly start to increase.
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 09:44 PM)HAguiar95 Wrote: Do we have a RC thread? He has to stop clapping, it's getting on my damn nerves. Also this C's comeback is on him and Luka.

[Image: 200.gif]

(03-31-2021, 09:46 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: All about coaching. The spacing is terrible and Luka struggles to find a single open man. More often than not two guys are in the corner, one in the dunkers spot and one guard at the top of the key.
Player in the dunkers spot has to move up to the highpost/FT-line, top of the key area. One of the guys in the corner needs to cut to the rim. Gu

It just feels like, especially with a younger team, you need more offensive sets for these situations.  Benching KP in the 4th is insane.  If I were him, I'd want to get the hell out of Dallas.

(03-31-2021, 09:47 PM)omahen Wrote: Still, I am very satisfied.

I honestly wish we would have lost the game.
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 09:50 PM)cow Wrote: [Image: 200.gif]

It just feels like, especially with a younger team, you need more offensive sets for these situations.  Benching KP in the 4th is insane.  If I were him, I'd want to get the hell out of Dallas.

I honestly wish we would have lost the game.
To be sure, but Rick is gonna be Rick with his strict adherence to his minutes restrictions.  It's like he thinks there are a whole lot more games remaining in the season and can afford to drop a game over his minutes restrictions.  Actually, the Mavs cannot afford to be losing ANY winnable games in the 4th quarter at this point.
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 09:59 PM)mtrot Wrote: To be sure, but Rick is gonna be Rick with his strict adherence to his minutes restrictions.  It's like he thinks there are a whole lot more games remaining in the season and can afford to drop a game over his minutes restrictions.  Actually, the Mavs cannot afford to be losing ANY winnable games in the 4th quarter at this point.

This wasn't minutes restrictions those.  This was because Boston went small.  His adjustment helped erase a massive lead.
Like Reply
It´s obvious. RC hates rookies. With the Mavs up 20 in the late 3rd he only had one option. Tank the 4th quarter to avoid garbage time (rookie minutes) Big Grin
Like Reply
Where's Fuerza1?...Brunson had a great closing performance tonight...he is Brunson's biggest supporter on this board..
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply