Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
85.71%
6 85.71%
Celtics
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 46: DAL (25-21) @ BOS (23-25) | 113-108 win
Heart 
[Image: GettyImages-1231348193-1024x683.jpg]
Like Reply
Mavs are entering a long line of difficult games against teams that are not elite, but also not bad. Sort of like Dallas Smile . Schedule includes Boston, New York, Washington, Utah, Milwaukee, San Antonio, Philly, Memphis, New York, Sacramento and is only interrupted by Houston, which should be a walkover. That is also 11 games in 19 days, three B2B. In order to hope for more than 7th seed Mavs need to win at least 8-9 of those games to catch up with Denver (not likely) or Portland (more hope imho). Win against Boston would be necessary to even dream about reaching that goal. After ASB Mavs lost to OKC, Indy and New Orleans with Luka and KP missing. Losing these kind of games will never put them higher in the standings.
Like Reply
Tonight will be interesting.  Boston is struggling but they are coming off a loss at home against New Orleans.    Fournier had a terrible game of 0 for 10 in his first game as a Celtic.   And Celtics have memory of Luka hitting two threes to beat them a few weeks ago.   

I feel we are going to get a motivated Celtics team tonight.

I would like to see KP aggressive and utilize his size.   Take advantage of Robert Williams and maybe get him in foul trouble.  They are really thin on the front line with bigs.
Like Reply
Early game tonight so hopefully can get my boys to watch some of the game with me before bedtime. After they go down, I’ll plan to crack open a Shiner and watch Melli get a key late block on Fournier to deny his first Celtic point for another game and seal the victory. Must win game.
Like Reply
Season is starting to heat up. Time for some serious winning.
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 11:40 AM)bodhisattva Wrote: Season is starting to heat up. Time for some serious winning.

Hey man, I'm not greedy. I'll settle for ironic winning, accidental winning or even straight up "jk" winning. Just stack them dubs, amirite?
Like Reply
Fournier I don't think has made a basket in two games? I expect him to get it going.

MUST WIN
Like Reply
If Melli can be another tall shooter who is a serious and reliable three point threat, that bodes well for the Mavs.  We must get our three point percentage closer to 40%.
Like Reply
Damn... He was questionable

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...9537421312
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 03:54 PM)omahen Wrote: Damn... He was questionable

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...9537421312

He missed the last game vs N.O.
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 09:12 AM)omahen Wrote: Mavs are entering a long line of difficult games against teams that are not elite, but also not bad. Sort of like Dallas Smile . Schedule includes Boston, New York, Washington, Utah, Milwaukee, San Antonio, Philly, Memphis, New York, Sacramento and is only interrupted by Houston, which should be a walkover. That is also 11 games in 19 days, three B2B. In order to hope for more than 7th seed Mavs need to win at least 8-9 of those games to catch up with Denver (not likely) or Portland (more hope imho). Win against Boston would be necessary to even dream about reaching that goal. After ASB Mavs lost to OKC, Indy and New Orleans with Luka and KP missing. Losing these kind of games will never put them higher in the standings.

Utah is not elite? Milwaukee? I think they are, along with Philly when Embiid comes back this weekend. Dallas is in the same neighborhood as Memphis, New York, Boston and SA actually. Things can change though.
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 04:43 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Utah is not elite? Milwaukee? I think they are, along with Philly when Embiid comes back this weekend.

Of course. I didn't exclude good teams from our schedule, just one game that will hopefully be an easy walkover. Trying to point out our schedule is not that easy in the following weeks.
Like Reply
Gotta string together some wins to make up for the losses against lesser teams.
Like Reply
Crazy Prediction:  Rick is tossed from this game.
Like Reply
Thank God the Mavs didn't settle for someone like Fournier and went after a real difference maker in the trade market like Melli.

Maybe wishful thinking, but Josh Richardson's jumper seems to be reverting back to the mean.  

Jayson Tatum is the most uninspiring good player in the league.   I know he is objectively good, but damn he leaves me wanting more so often when I watch him.
Like Reply
Excellent defense so far. I just hope they don't screw it up in the fourth
Like Reply
I have a bad feeling about this
Like Reply
Does anyone know what happened to Willie Cauley Stein?
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 08:37 PM)Tunesquad23 Wrote: Does anyone know what happened to Willie Cauley Stein?

In the COVID protocols with no timetable to return.
Like Reply
Man we are lucky now. Two missed wide open threes by Boston. I wonder if we will see KP again...
Like Reply