Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.82 Average
HALLELUKA: Luka Clinches All-NBA 1st team. 4th in 5 years
(05-18-2022, 01:26 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Who was that? Hardin?

Michael Jordan's Infamous Trip To Atlantic City Before a Playoff Game Wouldn't Fly Today (sportscasting.com)

Apologies for the questionable source but it seems legit.
Like Reply
Sorry if I'm uninformed, but aren't most of the NBA players night owls anyway? 

7:30pm game start usually finishes around 10:00pm. Add in post-game interviews, treatments and general hygiene and they are probably looking at 11pm-ish departure from the arena. If they go out for a few drinks, you can easily get to 1am. Hell, just going home and chilling probably takes them that late. And that's during a home stand. A road trip usually involves departure from the game arena, whether the game just finished is home or not. So you have all of that, arriving, loading up, flying (west coast is 4 hours from DAL), unloading and getting checked in, and it's a long night for everyone. That's why I hate 2nd B2B games in Utah. Even if you're on the west coast, it's a pain to get there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes michaeltex's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(05-18-2022, 02:41 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Sorry if I'm uninformed, but aren't most of the NBA players night owls anyway? 

7:30pm game start usually finishes around 10:00pm. Add in post-game interviews, treatments and general hygiene and they are probably looking at 11pm-ish departure from the arena. If they go out for a few drinks, you can easily get to 1am. Hell, just going home and chilling probably takes them that late. And that's during a home stand. A road trip usually involves departure from the game arena, whether the game just finished is home or not. So you have all of that, arriving, loading up, flying (west coast is 4 hours from DAL), unloading and getting checked in, and it's a long night for everyone. That's why I hate 2nd B2B games in Utah. Even if you're on the west coast, it's a pain to get there.

Agree w/ all of this.
Like Reply
(05-18-2022, 02:41 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Sorry if I'm uninformed, but aren't most of the NBA players night owls anyway? 

Weren't there is a talk of NBA players suffering from lack of sleep? Due to all the travel and late games
Like Reply
"Luka Special"

This has huge potential to become a much used, and permanent, term for Lukas basketball dominance. And maybe even one of his nicknames? Lots of history behind this one.
Like Reply
(05-18-2022, 04:34 PM)burekemde Wrote: "Luka Special"

This has huge potential to become a much used, and permanent, term for Lukas basketball dominance. And maybe even one of his nicknames? Lots of history behind this one.

Special
Magic
Legend
Don
Honestly, the more time goes on, the more it shows how correct Spanish media was when they nicknamed him wonder boy. I didnt like it (didnt belive in it), still dont like it, but honestly its the only correct nickname in my opinion. Not the best one, but correct one.
Like Reply
(05-18-2022, 04:42 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: Special
Magic
Legend
Don
Honestly, the more time goes on, the more it shows how correct Spanish media was when they nicknamed him wonder boy. I didnt like it (didnt belive in it), still dont like it, but honestly its the only correct nickname in my opinion. Not the best one, but correct one.

He won't be a boy forever however. But he will be Special / Magic / Legend forever.
Like Reply
(05-18-2022, 04:45 PM)burekemde Wrote: He won't be a boy forever however. But he will be Special / Magic / Legend forever.

Maybe. Anything is better than Donkič Big Grin
Like Reply
Luka was -30 (team worst) with 7 TOs and 4 asts while shooting 33% (and getting dominated by Wiggins on both ends).

Going to need a LOT, LOT better moving forward. I hope he is embarrassed and brings full intensity next game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
(05-18-2022, 10:18 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Luka was -30 (team worst) with 7 TOs and 4 asts while shooting 33% (and getting dominated by Wiggins on both ends).

Going to need a LOT, LOT better moving forward. I hope he is embarrassed and brings full intensity next game.

Not paying attention to the +/- due to complexity of interpretation (everyone missed open shots today). Playoff basketball is about adjusting, and he did that against Utah and Suns. Key for Luka in both series were the correct adjustments he made. Today the issue was the open 3 point shot. Need to either bring it next game as a team, or we have to be prepared for the adjustments in offensive schemes, which we werent ready for in this game. It will mean more mid range and attack of the rim.
Like Reply
Damn maybe that beer set off a chain of events that led to him being sick.  I only say this because I was working night shifts for a month and decided to have a beer before work one time, and that one beer made me sick and extremely nauseous.  But by the next day I was fine and played basketball against the best team in the world so no worries.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status...9473009664
Like Reply
Let's see how this is going in Dallas, with crowd and momentum advantage. Scheme wise we are adapting really well and already adapted to their initial scheme. Next will be adjusting to the zone. After that I dont think GSW has more new to show defensively. If Dallas wins 3 at home, GSW is in huge trouble in game 7 with Luka facing elimination.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • TurkishMFFL
Like Reply
You really do have to feel for Doncic. He did everything he could to get his teammates involved to no avail. In the end, he just has to score all the points and get all the rebounds and try to make all the plays for others. It’s too much for him. I hope if the Mavs can’t get an adequate team around him in the next two years, they send him somewhere where he can show that he can be a winner.  I’d hate to see his entire prime wasted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
[Image: FTaeRUVWUAE8LCn?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...9789574145
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...7529527296
Like Reply
We need more players like Luka and his mentality to win the championship. Not afraid of GSW or the moment. You cant disseapear in moments like these. Yes GSW did their thing, but Luka did his thing even more as well and they just couldnt stop him.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...4658718721
Like Reply
[Image: FTkEuIsVEAAvwLW?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply