Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 5.0 pt RAPTOR & 4.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
75.00%
6 75.00%
Pacers
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 43: IND (21-23) @ DAL (23-20) | 92-109 loss
We seriously need 1-2 guys that can actually comfortably drive a basketball and make plays (for others). I´m not sure why the focus should be on guys like Markkanen or Collins, unless they intend to move Powell and maybe Maxi, too. We desperately need a DeRozan type.

Richardson playing PG sums up, what Rick thinks of rookies and how awful Burke is.
Like Reply
This is a game where somebody like Fournier could have helped us-Brunson and richardson were terrible
Like Reply
KP was really good.  Lets see that type of high usage when Luka plays.   Hardaway was good too.  Everyone else stunk.  Some really bad.   Just need to improve this team.   I don't want to make final judgement but resigning Richardson and Hardaway and signing an MLE type player is not enough.
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 09:34 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: This is a game where somebody like Fournier could have helped us-Brunson and richardson were terrible

OFFENSIVE BASKETBALL TALENT. We need more of it. Outside of Luka literally nobody on this roster that is 6´7 or above can put it on the floor, and THJ/Brunson/Burke/Richardson aren´t exactly good at it either. They play us super tight at the 3 pt line, cause they know nobody is comfortable or capable putting the ball on the floor. Confused 
It´s sad to see how much better McConnell is than Burke.
Like Reply
also, plug in a random guy like Goga Bitadze in this lineup and he instantly becomes our best big outside of KP-better than WCS, Boban and most definitely better than Powell. his 3 blks in this game is same was what Powell had - for the whole month of March!
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 09:47 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: also, plug in a random guy like Goga Bitadze in this lineup and he instantly becomes our best big outside of KP-better than WCS, Boban and most definitely better than Powell. his 3 blks in this game is same was what Powell had - for the whole month of March!

My boy just needs minutes and he´ll Zubac.
Like Reply
No Luka no offense. Green had a really nice couple of minutes. Showed it wouldn't be the end of the world if they gave him 5 minutes every 2nd quarter. KP had a good game too. But, everytime Mavs came close a couple of mistakes killed them. 

Of course both Portland and Denver won Sad Let's hope both KP and Luka play against New Orleans, otherwise I am affraid there will be another loss
Like Reply
Maxi had 3 pts in 35 minutes. That's not gonna cut it folks. DFS wasn't any better. It was the KP THJ show like it is most nights when Luka doesn't play.
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 02:54 PM)cow Wrote: Maxi:  20 points tonight.  Call me.

Well, shit.
Like Reply
Josh Green is the future. You can see the offensive potential...he is way ahead as a rookie compared to DFS or Justin Anderson. His FT shooting is bad though...and he seems more comfortable taking mid-rangers than the 3. Maybe Redick can help him
Like Reply
Our team is not bad but we have an offense built around Luka’s greatnsss. Not sudenly easy for the other guys to switch around and play a different style without him there. Give them 2 or 3 games and they will adjust though you can’t replace an all world talent.  This is why earlier in the year when he might have come cheaper I wanted Lonzo in here.  Need a big guard who can bring some elements of what Luka does on nights like these.

(03-26-2021, 10:09 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Josh Green is the future. You can see the offensive potential...he is way ahead as a rookie compared to DFS or Justin Anderson. His FT shooting is bad though...and he seems more comfortable taking mid-rangers than the 3. Maybe Redick can help him

DeRozan has made a career out of the mid range shot. Nothing wrong if we have a guy who can do that. We have other guys who can shoot the 3.
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 10:11 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Our team is not bad but we have an offense built around Luka’s greatnsss. Not sudenly easy for the other guys to switch around and play a different style without him there. Give them 2 or 3 games and they will adjust though you can’t replace an all world talent.  This is why earlier in the year when he might have come cheaper I wanted Lonzo in here.  Need a big guard who can bring some elements of what Luka does on nights like these.

Another one on #TeamLonzo.  Not sure he'll be worth the salary he's going to command this summer but I'd be tempted.
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 10:09 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Josh Green is the future. You can see the offensive potential...he is way ahead as a rookie compared to DFS or Justin Anderson. His FT shooting is bad though...and he seems more comfortable taking mid-rangers than the 3. Maybe Redick can help him

The guy I’m excited for Redick to help is TERRY. What Redick can teach isn’t so much about making shots, but more about how to relocate without the ball and ways of using footwork to get shots off faster. That could be invaluable for a guy like Terry. Best case scenario: Redick carves out a 10 minutes per night role for himself here and then Terry is ready to step right into it next season.
Like Reply
Let's be honest here.  The Mavs acted like they were the #1 seed by resting Luka.  These games against Indiana, Chicago, Toronto and OKC will come back to haunt us down the road.  Most likely KP will not play tomorrow.  The Mavs haven't clinched anything.  I'm disappointed with this strategy of load management particularly with where we are currently seeded.  You can rest later.  Pretty crappy night with Portland beating the hapless Magic and Denver squeaking by the Raptors.
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 10:15 PM)Mavs03 Wrote: Let's be honest here.  The Mavs acted like they were the #1 seed by resting Luka. 

I actually think Luka’s back kept him from playing tonight. I’m not sure where these conspiracy theories are coming from.
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 10:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I actually think Luka’s back kept him from playing tonight. I’m not sure where these conspiracy theories are coming from.

Yeah.  His poor play the previous game lends credence to this being an injury.  I wouldn't assume he's playing tomorrow either.
Like Reply
The Pacers aren’t a good team but they have a pretty good roster.  Put Luka on it and they’re title contenders.  Without Luka, the Mavs didn’t stand a chance.
Like Reply
TJ McConnell made Brunson look like a G-League player tonight.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 10:13 PM)cow Wrote: Another one on #TeamLonzo.  Not sure he'll be worth the salary he's going to command this summer but I'd be tempted.
This is my only hesitation to fully supporting you in your quest. I think there is a possibility that he is a missing link to this team though, so if they did offer him max and got him, I'd approach it with wait and see like most of the transactions I think are questionable.

(03-26-2021, 10:15 PM)Mavs03 Wrote: You can rest later.
Yep, when they are on the injury list, there's a LOT of time to rest!

(03-26-2021, 10:17 PM)cow Wrote: I wouldn't assume he's playing tomorrow either.
In the load management department, I would also assume KP isn't playing either.
Like Reply
Glad I missed this.
Like Reply