Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: JJ Redick + Nicolo Melli to DAL | JJ + Iwundu + 2021 2nd + cash to NOP
(03-25-2021, 03:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Well at least it was this year's 2nd rounder....so much for the draft this year....

Less rookies, more opportunities for Bey.  Smile

Remember when we thought players would want to come here to play with Luka and KP?  Having to give up a 2nd and cash considerations just to get the corpse of JJ Redick in a Mavs uniform for half a season.  I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 03:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1375175836161208328
I haven't seen any team waive a player a week before a buyout candidate is still on his old team Big Grin
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 03:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If this is true, I won't be happy about it. That will be the first thing that pisses me off. Going on record right now. The Luka extension should be offered the absolute SECOND it is legal to do so, and if you have to dump KP's ass five minutes after that in order to open the window a crack more, you do it. 

Not shooting you, the messenger, just hoping the Mavs can get this done THIS SUMMER.

Absolutely. Mark himself better be offering the maximum allowable contract to Luka the moment they can. There’s no reason to risk any ill feelings introducing themselves by waiting.

If Luka has been here 10+ years and has built up that trust and wants to start doing Dirk cap space maneuvering that’s fine, but don’t risk making the inevitable multi-time MVP (and his agent that wasn’t so Mavs friendly long ago) angry by playing games on his 1st extension.
Like Reply
I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

I HAD TO LEAVE FOR SCHOOL AND I COME BACK TO A WONDERFUL SURPRISE WOW!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 03:30 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Hopefully Redick refrains from using racial slurs in our video packages.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 03:30 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

I HAD TO LEAVE FOR SCHOOL AND I COME BACK TO A WONDERFUL SURPRISE WOW!

I hope you're not being sarcastic, because this positivity is actually making me feel a bit better. 

I love this place so much, but sometimes I just can't take it. Please tell me you are genuinely happy. This is supposed to be fun.
Like Reply
Silver lining JJ can really help with the Shooting "Coaching" that is needed.

Serious question though how many minutes per game does he get when healthy and when does he come in?
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 03:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I hope you're not being sarcastic, because this positivity is actually making me feel a bit better. 

I love this place so much, but sometimes I just can't take it. Please tell me you are genuinely happy. This is supposed to be fun.

Twitter Gives:

https://twitter.com/DoinkNabisco/status/...69889?s=20

And Twitter Takes:

https://twitter.com/Glenjr1988/status/13...15333?s=20
Like Reply
Ya, I echo the "meh" sentiments. 

I do have to agree with those saying adding yet another 2nd (unless it comes out that it's protected to the point of not conveying, which in that case...WTF is the point of that, seriously, I want to know) is bad. Just another "blemish", I really hope they don't get pock marks, but I fear they will.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 03:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I hope you're not being sarcastic, because this positivity is actually making me feel a bit better. 

Assuming this is also sarcasm, fun is what I do outside of this forum. I just tune in for current events but any negativity stays here. No sense in getting down over something on the internet.

Assuming this is also sarcasm, fun is what I do outside of this forum. I just tune in for current events but any negativity stays here. No sense in getting down over something on the internet.

As an aside, the 2nd is essentially useless outside of it being a possible trade chip. That's all. You can always acquire a trade chip like that by making lateral moves. Not sure why anyone would die on that hill.
Like Reply
Storm the MBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 03:41 PM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: Assuming this is also sarcasm, fun is what I do outside of this forum. I just tune in for current events but any negativity stays here. No sense in getting down over something on the internet.

Good for you, my dude. That's a super healthy way to go about it. I try to be the same, but sometimes it gets tough not to let the tidal waves of negativity diminish my joy concerning this team that I love.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 03:42 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Storm the MBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have identified the MBT agent. He is trying to distract us with puppies. Can also confirm that it is working. We never had a chance.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 03:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Good for you, my dude. That's a super healthy way to go about it. I try to be the same, but sometimes it gets tough not to let the tidal waves of negativity diminish my joy concerning this team that I love.

Quoting you from another thread:

"But my goodness, let's have some perspective."
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 03:37 PM)Lucky Luciano Wrote: Serious question though how many minutes per game does he get when healthy and when does he come in?

I don't expect him to be any more of a consistent rotation player than Johnson was. He's the 9th dude, behind whichever of Powell/WCS plays on any given night, and in the playoffs he's not guaranteed to play unless needed, imo.

But, I also don't expect him to HURT the team when he plays the way Johnson did. In fact, I think he'll probably be a positive when he's in there. He WILL be guarded at the 3-point line, whether he's hitting shots or not.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 03:47 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I have identified the MBT agent. He is trying to distract us with puppies. Can also confirm that it is working. We never had a chance.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10845523]
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 03:48 PM)cow Wrote: "But my goodness, let's have some perspective."

Yes, and that's the same basic plea I'm making here. Maybe it's not coming across the way it's intended.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 03:39 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Ya, I echo the "meh" sentiments. 

I do have to agree with those saying adding yet another 2nd (unless it comes out that it's protected to the point of not conveying, which in that case...WTF is the point of that, seriously, I want to know) is bad. Just another "blemish", I really hope they don't get pock marks, but I fear they will.

Sometimes I feel like the GMs are just tosing around the 2rounders to the one who needs them for facesaving at any moment and get them back the moment they need them. Anybody remembers how we got to seconds in a WTF-trade just when we needed them to get Delon or how we got one from the Thunder to dump Roby on them?
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 03:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I love this place so much, but sometimes I just can't take it. Please tell me you are genuinely happy. This is supposed to be fun.

Wait why are people so mad?

I legit am happy. JJ Reddick, even with his issues, is one of the best 3pt shooters in the whole league. Even in a down year. Teams HAVE to respect him. Imagine a lineup of Luka/JRich/Reddick/Maxi/KP 

No one can be left open. It's great. Nico Melli is a whatever addition. But I see him as another option for when Powell/WCS aren't giving us anything. I really really like this trade.

Small but I think incredibly impactful. I never thought the Mavs had a chance at Reddick because he'd be on his way to BRK. Well done Donnie. 

(Now time to start at the beginning of this thread and see why people are so mad at such a good trade).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply