Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Delon Wright to SAC | Cory Joseph + two 2nds to DET
I love everybody.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 01:39 PM)cow Wrote: I love everybody.

I liked it when there was twice as much of you to love
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 01:40 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I liked it when there was twice as much of you to love

I have put on some old man/covid weight.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 01:10 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Oh, ok. I get it. My bad. I wasn't trying to call you Eeyore. I wasnt' clear. I responsed to your post but, in my mind, was responding to the whole idea (from cow, you, others), that the Detroit trade is some kind of respresentative blemish, in some long line of blemishes. 

I think that THE IDEA that Delon is a blemish repsresentative of how much the Mavs suck at assett management is Eeyore level pessimism. 

I didn't mean to call you Eeyore. You're not. My bad. Please forgive me.
All good, I was lazy in my response and didn't quote what I was replying to (because I would actually have to quote 2 separate posters...SOOOOO much work!) which is the cause of taking it out of context.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 01:23 PM)fifteenth Wrote: IGT!!!! Did you see this!!! I'm sorry pal!!!!!! Please forgive me!!!!!!!!

Seems like you and I have to have one of these little misunderstandings periodically. I'm gonna say it's because good relationships are forged by forgiveness. :-D
Sorry, had to deal with my 9 yo in a dishonesty teaching moment. Took my mind off this board for a moment, It's all good, I accept most of the blame for it!
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 12:57 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Josh Green is a better example of Mavs front office failure Smile

Right. I mean, I haven't given up on the kid yet, but THIS is my point. If Green busts, then that suuuuuucks for the team, asset wise. That pick was HUGE, and could've been used a number of ways. 

Yes, smaller mistakes like Wright add up, but once they'd signed him, and once it was clear he wasn't what they needed, the absolute last thing I'd ever want is for Carlisle to go out of his way to pretend otherwise just to maybe not have to give up a 2nd in order to dump him. That literally makes ZERO sense to me. His job is to teach and get the team to learn how to win. DONNIE'S job is to give him the clay he needs to sculpt. The entire Wright saga was certainly not a win for the Mavs organization - far from it. But my goodness, let's have some perspective.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 01:31 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I like you cow

even if I don't like your "blemish respresentative of systemic failure" argument

If you guys stay offended, that's ok, but could you give me a run down on how hard I can argue against points I don't like, that way I can stay friends with more than just embellisher

oh, dog gone

just offended embellisher

I still love you, man.  Big Grin
Like Reply
Detroit got fleeced and they still got more value for him than the Mavs. SMH.
Like Reply
“There is no timetable for JJ joining the team.”  And, Dallas was not his preferred destination.  LOL.  This sequence of trades involving Wright, who has been an excellent player this season, looks worse by the day.  The Mavs may have gotten  no players and gave up picks in both transactions. Terrible.
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 11:40 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: “There is no timetable for JJ joining the team.”  And, Dallas was not his preferred destination.  LOL.  This sequence of trades involving Wright, who has been an excellent player this season, looks worse by the day.  The Mavs may have gotten  no players and gave up picks in both transactions. Terrible.

Wait, we traded Wright, Johnson, Iwundu and 3 SRP's and all where getting is a buyout JJR and Melli.

We have Melli...
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 01:26 PM)chaparral Wrote: Wait, we traded Wright, Johnson, Iwundu and 3 SRP's and all where getting is a buyout JJR and Melli.

We have Melli...

I think you have to include the Curry/JRich swap in this snowball which means you also need to include Bey.
Like Reply