Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Delon Wright to SAC | Cory Joseph + two 2nds to DET
Information 
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1374942592425660421
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...0370554884
Like Reply
I admit, it hurts to see Detroit get 2 2nds when we paid essentially 4 2nds for Wright.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Kings really want that 10th spot in the West!!!!!
Detroit also taking an extra $3mil in salary, probably one 2nd pick for that.
Like Reply
Should increase opportunities for DSJ, hopefully he can take it
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 01:24 AM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Should increase opportunities for DSJ, hopefully he can take it

You've got the rook (Hayes) he's not going anywhere, DSJ, the other rook Lee, and now Joseph. Somebody else is leaving. DSJ has played reasonably well though. Also forgot about Frank Jackson, they might flip Joseph somewhere else.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 12:48 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I admit, it hurts to see Detroit get 2 2nds when we paid essentially 4 2nds for Wright.
All because their coach figured out how to use him in a way that suited his abilities.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 05:04 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: All because their coach figured out how to use him in a way that suited his abilities.

You mean puting up stats on a losing team? Smile
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 05:04 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: All because their coach figured out how to use him in a way that suited his abilities.

I have a feeling that if Casey felt he had been as successful with Wright as you do, this trade wouldn't have occurred.  My dude has been on like 5 teams in two years.
Like Reply
I like this from Sacramento's standpoint.  They get Wright next year for a net $6.0mm if you assume they were going to cut Joseph and pay his partial guarantee.

It does crowd things a bit in the back court.  But, Hield gets half of his minutes at SF.  Barnes is also a split position guy getting time at both forward sports.  With Bagley out, both can shift some minutes up a position.  I guess it could make it easier to trade someone in the front court, but it feels more like a way of bolstering the roster for the next couple of years.
Like Reply
Reading this looks like Sacramento really wants to compete and make the play-in. They won 6 of last 10. They lack wings, as Barnes is basically alone and (as Dan said), SF is covered by Hield. So Johnson might represent a clear bench upgrade for them. If one would be interested in Bjelica and Jabari, the deal would be simple, imho. Or perhaps something could be worked out for Bagley.

https://theathletic.com/2475972/2021/03/...ore-moves/
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status...6790469632
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1374957398750822400
Like Reply
Interesting trade....that may not matter too much.

Detroit gets a late second round pick and a future '24 Kings second round pick.   They must have liked what they have seen from Dennis Smith...or at least want to give him a closer look.   Hayes will also come back and will be force fed minutes (I believe he is coming back this year, but maybe I am wrong).  Delon is a solid player, but on a team like Detroit they just need to be in the asset collecting stage.

Reading the Kings boards, they really disliked Cory Joseph.   On a separate note, they appear much higher on Holmes than both Hield and Bagley.   They seem to think Holmes is much more a core piece than either of those two.  It does appear to be sort of a logjam at the guard spot.  Although if it doesn't take any minutes away from Haliburtan, than I have no problem with this deal.   Wright could retrieve at least those two seconds next year when he is expiring, if they wish.  

I would imagine the Kings have one more move in them.    It sounds like they aren't moving Barnes.  Although in this sellers market, they may be able to get a decent asset for Bjelinca, who for whatever reason really hasn't gotten any run this year.   Parker is probably going to be a buy out candidate too.
Like Reply
I guess if you're going to play Hield at SF, you better stock up on defensive minded guards to compensate
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 05:10 AM)omahen Wrote: You mean puting up stats on a losing team? Smile
(03-25-2021, 05:42 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I have a feeling that if Casey felt he had been as successful with Wright as you do, this trade wouldn't have occurred.  My dude has been on like 5 teams in two years.
Putting up good enough stats that another GM thought he was worth 2 second round picks, less than a year after our GM couldn't do better than giving up a second for him (3 second round pick swing in 1/2 year). 

I don't really care how "successful" he is or was (in response to "as you do" from KL). Haven't paid one bit of attention to that. It also doesn't matter what I think, it's what other teams, coaches and GMs think.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 07:43 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Putting up good enough stats that another GM thought he was worth 2 second round picks, less than a year after our GM couldn't do better than giving up a second for him (3 second round pick swing in 1/2 year). 

It is not that easy, imho. We didn't just let him go. We got expiring Johnson who (in theory) better fills our needs. He might come in handy against LA teams in playoffs. Besides, if you are rebuilding you can afford to put players in position to succeed, because you don't care about team success. Dallas was putting the team into position to succeed and Wright had to be the one who should adapt. He failed, imho.

Like with KP - would Mavs play better if our goal would be to maximize KP individual performance?
Like Reply
I mean ... the Pistons got the Lakers 2nd round pick, which will be in the 50s, not worth much more than a undrafted free agent signing and has probably a 98% historical probability of being G League fodder and a 2nd round pick 3 years from now.   I know we're all NBA nerds starving for information and are going to obsess over every tertiary transaction, but let's also use some context.    Sacramento used some throwaway assets to get a fringe NBA player.   Detroit saved some money.
Like Reply
Man I was hoping on more to chew on this morning than a Delon Wright trade. Oh well. Will have to wait a bit longer.
Like Reply
All this lipstick on a pig talk. It's yet another blemish that shouldn't be defended as hard as it is being defended.
Like Reply